• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ELR Wy. 1mile +

I just moved here from Va. in April. Theirs got to be a group of shooter somewhere close that shots one mile or more. 100 miles would be close around here !!!

Hellooooo:confused:

ELR Wy. 1mile +

Well if you make it over to the Gillette area hit me up. There are a few guys on the site that live here and shoot precision rifle and ELR.

Great !!! I would be willing to make a trip over their sometime. I'll re-barreling my 375 now going with a 34" tube UPS is delivering it today for me. Plus I had to have a new stock Manner T-50 its to ship this week. Randy Selby is going to inlet my stock for me so I should be back up and running by the 1st February.

Hold high and shoot straight !!!

If you here of anybody on this side of the mountain let me know.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Got my T-50 Manner stock today. The LOP is 15.25" ???
11 months lead time on the stock.
Hope tomorrows phone call goes good....like yes we can fix it fast !!!

The Green River range has a plate at 1 mile, I have a couple places around the desert here near Rock Springs set up for 2000+....more than 100 miles from you though.

Where is the Green River range located? I cruise through there pretty often. Wouldn't mind stopping by for some ELR sometime!

OK....let me get this gun running and we can make plans.....I don't care to drive that far....never been there. Make new shooting friends. Called Manner Stock this morning and all are at the Shot Show. The little girl is to call me back....on the fix of 15.25" LOP ???

Thanks

Last edited:
Where is the Green River range located? I cruise through there pretty often. Wouldn't mind stopping by for some ELR sometime!

It's south east of town, FMC park. The mile plate isn't obvious so if you don't know where it is you wont see it. Hit me up if your in the area and I'll set you up.

The plate at the Green River range is a pretty big plate. It is a piece of dump truck tail gate that myself and a couple of other guys set up. It's about 30 inches square.

As Doug said, there are some places around Rock Springs that are well over 2000 yards. I have a spot in Farson that is a little over 2500 yards. Hit me up if you get down this way because I'm always game to send some lead a long ways.

The plate at the Green River range is a pretty big plate. It is a piece of dump truck tail gate that myself and a couple of other guys set up. It's about 30 inches square......

I was wondering how big it really is....I have never made the trip out to it. I have a spot set up down 430 that can get you back to 2350 yards or so and you are about 100 feet about the target so that helps a little bit.

I run a 300wsm for extended ranges..... passed 1000, I have a couple smaller calibers for out to 1000.

Thanks...for the invite....what do you shot ???

Mostly a TRG 42 in .338 LM. I also have an AR-50, but the .338 is a better ELR round for me since I don't have a whole lot of time behind the .50 yet. I have a .308 as my duty rifle that I use inside of 1000 also.

Great....hope to make it down to burn some powder soon....Do you have P-Dogs to shot ???

There are a few. Not as many I there were when I was growing up. Maybe Doug knows some places that I don't to find some p-dogs. Used to have a place just a few miles east of town that you could shoot them just as far as you could see them until a pipeline was put through the middle of the town and wiped most of them out.

wish i was closer! going to school over in laramie, make trips over to cheyenne once a week. if y'all are ever around town let me know!

Newberry 2 .jpg
Looks pretty good...hope I can hit the ground at 2 miles !!!

ELR Wy. 1mile +

I am in Cheyenne. And would love to shoot with some guys with experience. New to LR stuff. I have private land access to 1500+ yds area.

Last edited:
My family is from Lovell, West of Cody. I travel up there 2-3 times a year and typically bring my big rifle, a AWSM in .338 lapua. if you want ill let you know when i come up and we can go out shooting, I have several nice places we can shoot out to 3 miles if you want.

If the draw works out, I should have an any elk tag for area 38 this year. I will shoot you a pm when I get back from the desert. and let you know when Im heading up.