• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

EMP’s, Aimpoints, & Eotechs

Also in the article you linked:

"it has an average recurrence interval of 100 years, it often is referred to as the "100-year flood".

That's called the mean in statistics. You know why they don't call it a 1% flood? Because it's actually named for its mean occurrence of 100 years. That article was just using the familiar system of percentages because it's written on a high school level for public consumption.
They call it a 100 year flood because the layman doesn’t have an understanding of statistics. That is why the quote I posted is the salient point. The name attempts to simplify a complex definition. The mean occurrence interval is not predictive. “Well, we haven’t had a good flood in 99 years, so this is the year…” No. “It’s been 120 years since the last big storm, so we’re past due…” No. while the mean occurrence interval is 100 years, the occurrences are not periodic. If you haven't seen Halleys Comet in 80 years, you are past due, but one may experience five 100 year floods within 10 years. That does not mean that the likely hood of another is lower the next year, nor does it mean that it will be 490 years before the next. Or as the stock houses remind their customers. "Past performance is not an indicator of future success."

I bet you play the lottery...

Reactions: Dogtown
So the mesh itself is basically trading reduced effectiveness for a weight saving?

What if you had a box of solid copper sheet weighing 1lb and a box of the same dimensions made out of thicker perforated mesh still weighing 1lb, would one box stop more signal than the other? I'm guessing the solid box will perform better?

What about the surface texture of my tinfoil hat. If I wanted to stop the 5G from frying my brain, would I be better off wrapping a given length of foil smoothly around my head, or crumple it up a bit first? Would the smooth foil reflect (refract?) energy more efficiently or would the crumpled foil attenuate it at a higher rate?

By the way. I'm not calling you a crackpot by any means, the tinfoil hat is just too good of an example to not use use.
Not weight savings, but material savings. Comparing a faraday cage to a faraday shield is a bit like comparing a Aero Performance rifle to a LMT or KAC rifle.

The holes in the mesh need to be smaller than the wavelength of the EM field to be blocked, and a mesh will be- generally- less effective than a sheet.

Smooth vs crumpled is not important. Material thickness is the important part. Go for a double wrap, just to be sure.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
Devining rods... Broken clocks... Blind squirrels... Nostradamus... The Farmers Almanac. All have something in common.
Hahahaha, good to know your smarter then everyone else.

You'll be in the 90%. One more of the educated idiots.

Last edited:
Given times of year, if I had to defend a spot or hold out for the first wave of dying to end and I was prepared, I'd prefer to be stuck with the freezing weather, rather than summer. Deep freeze weather with everything covered in ice and deep snow will do the natural selection thing pretty quickly.

I can't speak for all the country or world, but around where I live, if the power was to go off and communications go out and no more gas being pumped, and it was down to 0f or below like we got a year ago, with snow and ice. All you have to do is be able to survive a week or two of it.
A large number of folks will freeze to death in their houses and cars waiting for someone to come save them and take care of them.
Another large number of folks will die once they try to go out and scavenge too late.

Two weeks in and the population numbers will be a lot lower.
I'd wager a huge number of people don't have proper socks, let alone boots.

For either extreme.

We get both extremes of seasons. Lot's of older country folks who know how to do things. Not just talk.

Most of them plant by the farmers almanac too, stupid old farmers.

Weather is a very effective filter of sorts.

Last edited:
Reactions: W54/XM-388
So the mesh itself is basically trading reduced effectiveness for a weight saving?

What if you had a box of solid copper sheet weighing 1lb and a box of the same dimensions made out of thicker perforated mesh still weighing 1lb, would one box stop more signal than the other? I'm guessing the solid box will perform better?

What about the surface texture of my tinfoil hat. If I wanted to stop the 5G from frying my brain, would I be better off wrapping a given length of foil smoothly around my head, or crumple it up a bit first? Would the smooth foil reflect (refract?) energy more efficiently or would the crumpled foil attenuate it at a higher rate?

By the way. I'm not calling you a crackpot by any means, the tinfoil hat is just too good of an example to not use use.
I saw a huge room for critical comms that had a very fine mesh lining every inch of the interior walls and ceiling, I'd imagine that the flooring covered it.

This was over 15 years ago, I was honestly surprised and the guy with me shook his head a little bit when he saw the look on my face.

Some organizations know why it matters. I haven't seen another one since.

Also in the article you linked:

"it has an average recurrence interval of 100 years, it often is referred to as the "100-year flood".

That's called the mean in statistics. You know why they don't call it a 1% flood? Because it's actually named for its mean occurrence of 100 years. That article was just using the familiar system of percentages because it's written on a high school level for public consumption.
You're wasting heartbeats sir.

Reactions: Odysseus1911
"Science works because it often tells you what you don't want to hear. Isn't that right, fatso?"
True science is trying to prove itself wrong.

Besides, "99% of scientists today agree with whoever is funding the study" ....

It isn't just a meme.

Tesla was true science.

Aimpoint said “EMP Protected” in a YouTube video about the Aimpoint Acro P-2 (product promo video on their official channel).

See on screen text at the 1:13 mark:

Who knows if this applies to other Aimpoints… contact them and ask.