• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns EMP ammo question?

PRScustom

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2011
So I picked up my new EMP in 9mm yesterday. I take it home, clean it, oil it, reassemble,etc. I begin to chamber several rounds to make sure they cycle well by hand, I chambered a regular fmj round no problem, chamber a practice round (snap cap)no problem, then a 124gr Speer gold dot hollow point = no go. Tried a different round from the same Speer package no go the slide would no fully close and was a bear to open and eject. Take the pistol apart and take the barrel out. The end of the regular fmj fits flush with the end of the barrel like its suppose to the Speer gold dot sticks out a little causing the slide not to close.
Ideas on why? Reasons?
The speer works fine in my beretta 92fs

Sold my EMP. Too many problems. It was accurate as could be, but not reliable. I fixed failure to feed, but could not get over failure to fire. It maybe fired half of the times I pulled the trigger. I have a trp full length and have zero issues. Springfield covered a part and recoated the entire gun for free. So I am not bashing them, just the emp has issues. I would buy again if it were reliable.