• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Encore pistol scope

Tackleberry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2005
possumneck, ms
I am looking for help on what scope to put on a Encore 308 pistol. It will be used for hunting primarily. Currently I ma looking at a Leupold 2.5x8x32. A buddy said that Burris was the pistol scope king? Thoughts?

Re: Encore pistol scope

I had a Nikon 2.5-8 i think it was on my 454 Super Red/Black? Hawk.
Heard the same about the Burris handgun scopes. Just be forewarned once you get it up to 8x you can see every lil bit of movement caused from the grip on back.
If I were to do it again I'd give consideration to a straight 4x.
Although you would have much more range than what I was using.

Both great scopes, however Id get the luppy.
I have three variable Burris Handgun scopes, and on all three, the higher the power the less your eye relief.I have to run all three of em at 4x to be able to extend my arms all the way out.

The variable Leupold has infinite eye relief.I can crank the luppy up to 8 and never get a black ring, just Lots of wiggles.

I have an extra 2-7 Burris with plex reticle if interested. Picked it up as part of a barrel/scope package from another site. PM me if interested.

This is my first year to handgun hunt. My setup is a 15" 243 barrel with a 2-7 Burris. I have taking deer from 40 yards out to a ranged 212. I have NO complaints with the scope. From my exp, all the handgun scopes are a little tricky on higher power settings. The 308 is a not that pleasant to shoot in a pistol
smile.gif
!!!

For a handgun scope I prefer the Lupy, it's easier to find your target then a Burris. With practice it does gets better.
You can adj the eye relief with the Lupy by turning the rear objective and it has lots of relief.
It does not have an AO like the Burris.
I use rifle scopes on all my hunting rigs except my revolver where I use a red dot. My bigger calibers all have brakes
grin.gif

For silhouette matches I use the Burris 3x12 because of the extra power but shooting creedmore with the shorter eye relief is a challenge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chris Snow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The 308 is a not that pleasant to shoot in a pistol
smile.gif
!!! </div></div>
You should have shot my 444 Marlin 15" barrel. For some reason most guys didn't want to try it at the range
wink.gif
Even the deer feared it, never did see one when hunting with it
laugh.gif

I've got a Leupold 2.5-8 on my 15"308 and it is a far better scope in my oppinion that the Burris pistol scopes.

well worth the money

Let's see, 8 scoped contender and encore barrels....Burris on all of them

2 Burris'. One is a straight 2x on a 44mag Encore Barrel. Just got a 2-7x for X-mas to put on a 30x39 barrel. Both have nice glass.
I have not got out to sight the 2-7x in yet but have done some dry firing with it, using a snap cap of course. As mentioned before after about 4x the eye relief diminishes quickly.

Let us know how that .308 is. The 30x39(7.62x39) is a pussycat.
Check out "Specialty Pistols Forum" for more Encore info.