• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enduron

Billdoe708

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Michigan
Has anyone tried the new imr enduron powders? Looking to try something new for a 7 mag and 7-08 for hunting loads.

I liked the 4451 for 6.5 and 4166 for 6mm (varget). Pretty clean powders

After I try the powders I've got, I plan to try the Enduron as well for a new project. On one of the other threads, I asked if anyone had burn temperature data on the Enduron. Someone had posted a list of powders with burn temps sourced from the QuickLoad ballistic software program. Doing a little additional research in the powder data tables on my PC turned up data for all but one of the Enduron powders.

Had to come up with all Copper loads for a 270 Win. and a 338/06. I used 4451 for the 270 with a Barnes 110 TTSX. Got 3240 FPS with it and good accuracy. 4166 for the 338/06 with a 200 grain Nosler E Tip. Got 2750 FPS out of it with good accuracy and no obvious pressure signs.

Since I had to come up with completely new loads, I felt the Enderon powders with a de-coppering agent and temp stability were good powders to go to go with the all copper bullets. I got good accuracy and velocity with them.

Yes and it is not "new" at least to me... been out for a while
LOL. New-er.

I had good luck with the 7977 in my 243AI, and I am working up a load with it in the 300wm. I have had an 8 pounder of 4166 sitting in the closet for about 2 years now.

Reactions: Rover31