• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Enfield Scope Mount Help

jrhtx

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2006
Houston, TX
Thought this would be the best place for this.

Looking for suggestions for a mount for this Enfield. It has been modified with a SAI 45ACP conversion. I didn't do the convesion, bought it like this. The orioginal owner said SAI did the conversion for him. I don't know how much modifications had been done the the action prior to conversion or if SAI did the mods.
The mount in the photo is an out of production Brownell's that came with the gun. It is about 2 1/4" from top of barrel to scope centerline. It is HIGH!!

I am looking for something to lower the scope. I just about need to screw a 2x4 to the cheek to be able to see through it. All the mounts I have found attach to the old rear sight mount.

Is there something else out there I am missing???

Attachments

• IMG_7129.JPG
    IMG_7129.JPG
    908 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_7130.JPG
    IMG_7130.JPG
    703.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_7131.JPG
    IMG_7131.JPG
    760.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7132.JPG
    IMG_7132.JPG
    914.4 KB · Views: 65
I used one of the weaver ones on a 45 conversion I had a few years ago. They are ok, but not spectacular.

I have an older no drill scope mount on my Lithgow No Mk3. It uses two set screws to wedge itself in place. While the no drill mounts are not ideal, they do work when properly installed. I haven't had any issues with mine and it has been on for about 25 years now.

The charger bridge has been removed, so the Weaver will not work, nor will any of the "no gunsmithing" mounts currently available. For my rifle I whittled a side mount out of 3/16" angle iron and parkerized it on the kitchen stove. A .006" steel shim fills in the milled panel just aft of the receiver ring. Works perfect.

DSC00668.JPGDSC00670.JPG

Last edited: