• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Enfield

Re: Enfield

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RWSGunsmithing</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The best trade ever made! </div></div>

Agreed!

Wife is making me sell it to fund her 700 SPS .243 build
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was a great trade. Does the rifle have any interesting markings or features? </div></div>

TONS of markings all over it and I was unable to identify a lot of them. From what I could find out it was arsenal rebuilt by the Ishapore Armory in India in 1942. Not much of the matching number part survived the rebuild so it's a bit of a frankenstein gun. I was really surprised to find that out though since the fit and finish on it is way better than most of the other rebuilds I've handled. It also doesn't have the classic Indian wire banding holding it all together.

The one thing that really sold me on it though is that it looks to have a brand new barrel in it. Excellent rifling and a very shiny bore.

Well, Ishapore made the #I MkIII into the 80's (yes in 303). What is stamped on the right side of the receiver under the bolt handle? Under the rear handguard what year is stamped on the barrel. Does the serial number stamped on the barrel match the receiver?

You can't own just one
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why did you have a counter sniper?!?!?!!? </div></div>

It came on my Remington 700 SPS Tactical .308. The previous owner obviously didn't know how to use google very well.

This is also the same guy that traded a Remington 700 SPS Tactical with custom cut target crown, Harris bi-pod, Timney trigger and 100 rounds of Hornady Custom SST 150gr for a Sig P220.

I don't feel bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why did you have a counter sniper?!?!?!!?</div></div>

HAHAHAHA!!! Because it had to be asked!

I noticed the "ears" on the front cap are rounded. Most Indian rifles I have seen have had ones. I'm not sure if there's anything to it though.

That's a great, got it for free practically.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: importsstillsuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why did you have a counter sniper?!?!?!!?</div></div>

HAHAHAHA!!! Because it had to be asked!

I noticed the "ears" on the front cap are rounded. Most Indian rifles I have seen have had ones. I'm not sure if there's anything to it though.

That's a great, got it for free practically. </div></div>

Yup. I'll send pictures of all emblems, marks and unique features anyone spots if someone can help me identify everything. All of the sites I was able to dig up either had no helpful information or just led to 404 Not Found pages.