• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

"Enhanced"

Bolt needs a Snickers bar.

You may be right, but, I don't have all that much tolerance for that sort of shit most of the time. Maybe I'm just turning cranky as I get older.

Bolt, take the following however you like, but I think you could use a recliner and a frosty beverage. Relax - there are always going to be people looking down on you for some reason or other in life. Having spent the last 10 years of my life on the bottom rung of the ladder because of age, rank, experience, etc. I can say that no amount of negative attitude makes it any better. I've experienced it professionally, recreationally, socially, etc.

Don't get too uppity and then become a condescending hypocrite, telling everyone else to ____ themselves because you're better than them. Keep the humility and recognize that your talents and application of those talents will outshine whatever anyone wants to say or think about you. Also, it makes it all that much better when you surprise people who were underestimating you.

As far as tattoos go, I'm not a fan of them on me or my girl, but everyone has their preferences. I can't say I understand the desire to permanently ink a part of me, but then again, most people can't really say they understand why I want to jump out of planes. Both things have been called stupid by tons of people - still doesn't change the fact that they bring joy to those who like them. There are definitely some who flock to both because they are weak of mind and want to be part of a group, and there are definitely some who flock to both because they made up their own minds about what they want to do with their lives and their bodies. I think as long as you are trying to treat yourself with respect and love, it's fine (i.e. doing it because you think it is improving yourself in some way and not detracting from what you have been naturally gifted with). If ever it's part of being negative to yourself or others (e.g., if you think you need it because some part of you isn't good enough, or because you want to hurt yourself or others) that's when I think it's a bad idea.

I totally understand where you're coming from hoss, and appreciate you taking the time to say it. I just don't believe that you should fail to call out bullshit when and where you see it. I will however freely admit that I have a diplomacy score of zero, and that, will likely never change. I'm just tired of people fucking with others over things that have no measurable affect on them other than what they allow it to be. For the life of me I can't understand why people won't just let people live the life they want to live when the shit they do doesn't cause harm to others. When it comes right down to it, such people are nothing but fucking bullies, and I've made a second career out of monkey stomping bullies whenever I can taunt the stupid fucks into putting their hands on me.

I dont know why you guys are still talking about ink... the real question is what is wrong with fake tits?

I just don't believe that you should fail to call out bullshit when and where you see it.

Doesn't leave much time for the important things in life.

Growing up I spent a lot of time with my granddad. He love to take long walks in the country and I often went with him. When I was about 10 or so overheard someone make an unflattering remark about him. When I told him he just shrugged it off. I asked why he wasn't angry. He asked, "Ever notice what the dogs do when we walk by certain houses." I said they run out and bark at us. He replied, "Yep, and they always go back to the house just to bark at the next person that walks by. The further in life you go, the more the dogs will bark." I think it took me another 20 or so years to finally understand what he meant.

You may be right, but, I don't have all that much tolerance for that sort of shit most of the time. Maybe I'm just turning cranky as I get older.
When it comes right down to it, such people are nothing but fucking bullies, and I've made a second career out of monkey stomping bullies whenever I can taunt the stupid fucks into putting their hands on me.

You can spend so much time choking dumbasses that you will never have the time to enjoy your own life. Sit back, lay back and enjoy the things that you have. You are too busy fighting other peoples battles.

Personally, I don't like ink that much. When I see a fine looking tat I appreciate it and will compliment it. Big false boobs don't spin my world. But I don't have to engage them if they don't suit my fancy. Either way...neither of these endeavors matter a great deal in my life. I am too busy enjoying the things that I like to do.

Last edited:
I can certainly think of one USO girl with a few tats that seriously turns me on!!!

I totally understand where you're coming from hoss, and appreciate you taking the time to say it. I just don't believe that you should fail to call out bullshit when and where you see it. I will however freely admit that I have a diplomacy score of zero, and that, will likely never change. I'm just tired of people fucking with others over things that have no measurable affect on them other than what they allow it to be. For the life of me I can't understand why people won't just let people live the life they want to live when the shit they do doesn't cause harm to others. When it comes right down to it, such people are nothing but fucking bullies, and I've made a second career out of monkey stomping bullies whenever I can taunt the stupid fucks into putting their hands on me.

On the second part of what you said. I am not sure if you saying let people live the life they live when the shit they do doesn't cause harm to others is meaning tattoos or in general. I am going to base this on it meaning tattoos as that is what this thread is mainly about. Do I think people should do what they want with their life and body? Yes. Do they need to realize that their choices can have an impact on their future/career? yes. Do a lot of these people understand that? seems not so much in my age group. As I said in my other post they don't understand why they are passed over for a job for their tattoos.
You say as long as the choices do not harm anyone else it shouldn't matter. I agree 100% on that. My friends that have tattoos and crazy piercings are some of the nicest people and will bend over backwards for you but look at the general consensus on tattoos. They have a bad reputation with people in the older generations. I am gonna guess mid 40's and below are becoming more ok with the average person having tattoos and it not meaning they belong to one gang or the other or were in prison. With that being said we have everyone above 45 (using this as a semi random number) remembering what tattoos meant when they were growing up. Now say you own a business that deals with the general public and not a niche demographic. When you have someone come in that has tattoos on show you have to think about all your customers not just the ones 45 and under. By hiring the person with tattoos you run the chance of turning away everyone above 45 because of their prejudgements of what tattoos were when they were growing up. The people doing the hiring would rather hire someone with the same credentials without tattoos an not have to worry about the people over 45 prejudging and turning around and walking away without giving the person with tattoos (100% stand up guy) a chance. Do they run the risk of possibly running of x% of their customers by hiring a guy with visible tattoos or do they hire the guy with no tattoos that isn't going to be prejudged by x% of customers?

This is just my view on tattoos in the job place and hiring. I do not have a problem at all with tattoos or people that are covered from head to toe in them. As long as you are a good person and respect others and yourself I am good to go. Do not think this is an attack toward you as it is not meant toward you in anyway. Just going off of something I read in part of your post.

If I missed someone raising this point already, I apologize for the redundancy, but in today's world, you probably have at least an even or better than even chance of sitting down to a job interview, and the guy interviewing you having ink. In some cases, lots of it.

I'm 41, and don't personally have any yet. However, for probably the last 20yrs and certainly for the past 10, I have been in the minority everywhere I've worked (with Americans). I'm currently at a fairly high management level within my company, and all of my bosses (the guys who run a country or several countries) have ink and some of them over the years have been sleeved-up.

My brother worked for an incredibly large, fast-growing corporation in the U.S. where an employee panel interviewed their own prospective bosses and selected the person they wanted to work for. He used to joke that it would frequently turn into a tattoo-convention where the employees and management candidates were comparing ink.

I raise this point simply to illustrate that the culture than many of us came up in no longer exists. It may exist to us, but in reality the country has largely moved past it; probably while we were busy getting old and the guys who were being born about the time we were graduating High School are now in the workplace, and will likely end up being our bosses at some point in the future.

on tattoos-
people are going to judge, its human nature, the question is A) do you care and B) will it effect your life. In the case of jobs and employment it's possible, again do you care, again will it effect your life? Depends on the job AND THE COMPANY(research your possible employer), it's a fact that high caliber executive type positions dont want people with hand/neck/face tattoos. I for one am not that type of person and never will be. Do I think neck and hand and say visible tats in a collar shirt looks fucking retarded, yes I do, but i can appreciate ones desires to do so if they like em. I also know i'm prolly gonna get the job over them if we are competing.

on metal-
again I can appreciate ones desires to mutilate their face and ears and what not, if they like it good on em. Do I think all the face piercings and huge bisquit holes look fucking retarded, yup sure do. Again, people are going to judge you, you hafta be ok with that, and be respectful of their opinion of you looking like a retard. In this aspect again see questions A) do you care and B) will it effect your life? if no on both counts stab away and own it.

I look at it like fags, do I care if one is a queerbate, not one bit, doesnt mean I have to condone it.

I am more offended with saggy pants than tats or silicone. I am just old school. I don't know any better and to old to change.
But, it is their right to choose.

i don't judge except for the quality of the art. Lol. If it's shitty I automatically question their judgement.

That said I cringe a little inside when I see a beautiful woman with face ink or gauges. Maybe it's the puritan in me, but you don't put a fawking cheap airsoft scope on a GAP rifle.

I think you should have thick skin (no pun intended) if you get inked up in places others will see it. Don't people get tattos for others to see it? So I don't understand why people with ink get pissed off when others judge them because of it (good or bad). People get tattoos for a number of reasons. Maybe because they want to express themselves and/or pay tribute, and for others to see their tattoos don't they? Artists paint/draw pictures to be judged. Artists draw or paint to be looked at and if it is being looked at it is being judged. That's what art work is about. Tattoos are basically the same thing? I don't think that a tattoo artist would be in the industry if no one could see his work. Ink.jpg Eh esse, ju gotta job for me homes??

I think you should have thick skin (no pun intended) if you get inked up in places others will see it. Don't people get tattos for others to see it? So I don't understand why people with ink get pissed off when others judge them because of it (good or bad). People get tattoos for a number of reasons. Maybe because they want to express themselves and/or pay tribute, and for others to see their tattoos don't they? Artists paint/draw pictures to be judged. Artists draw or paint to be looked at and if it is being looked at it is being judged. That's what art work is about. Tattoos are basically the same thing? I don't think that a tattoo artist would be in the industry if no one could see his work.View attachment 43371 Eh esse, ju gotta job for me homes??

Most of the (true) artists I know do it for themselves, at least in the beginning. Much like many musicians, which is just another art form, do it, just because they love to play and make music. Earning a living may or not play into it. That seems true of most of the folks I know with ink.

If I missed someone raising this point already, I apologize for the redundancy, but in today's world, you probably have at least an even or better than even chance of sitting down to a job interview, and the guy interviewing you having ink. In some cases, lots of it.

I'm 41, and don't personally have any yet. However, for probably the last 20yrs and certainly for the past 10, I have been in the minority everywhere I've worked (with Americans). I'm currently at a fairly high management level within my company, and all of my bosses (the guys who run a country or several countries) have ink and some of them over the years have been sleeved-up.

My brother worked for an incredibly large, fast-growing corporation in the U.S. where an employee panel interviewed their own prospective bosses and selected the person they wanted to work for. He used to joke that it would frequently turn into a tattoo-convention where the employees and management candidates were comparing ink.

I raise this point simply to illustrate that the culture than many of us came up in no longer exists. It may exist to us, but in reality the country has largely moved past it; probably while we were busy getting old and the guys who were being born about the time we were graduating High School are now in the workplace, and will likely end up being our bosses at some point in the future.

You make a few solid points. I would be that guy interviewing someone that has ink. I have many tattoos but none that can't be covered up for the sake of professionalism. I have always been careful with the placement of my ink for this very reason. I work in corporate America for a very large company. There are many Reps. in my office and a few managers that all have ink but non conspicuous areas. Now I have nothing personaly against say....a face or neck tattoo. I would never do it myself but to each their own. However, in a company like mine I would never hire a person with something as such. Having a full sleeve is fine as it can be covered up with a dress shirt, but that neck/face tattoo cannot. I have to look at it like this......I know that I would have no issue with this person. for all we know they could be the absolute best person for the job, however when you deal with accounts where the customer spends an average of $10,000 a month with you, you cannot control how they (the customer) may precieve an individual that looks like this. If it were a construction company where the men already run around with shirts off in the summer time while roofing your house then i think that is a little different. if you work in a professional office but do not have any intereaction with customers then that is also different, but for those jobs where you have a strong interaction with clients on a regular bases then sometimes that ink could get you in a bad position.

I say live and let live. Shit before ya know it someone will think its ok to after our guns. If ya don't like it, don't fuck em.

Seems the tats may have some intrinsic value after all:

That’s what a Texas man learned when he confronted an intruder with a 9mm…and not much else.

He checked on his sleeping wife, grabbed his 9mm handgun and went to investigate — stark naked.

“I have a tattoo of the grim reaper, my hair is sticking up all crazy and I’m naked,” said the homeowner, who asked that his name be withheld for safety reasons. “I’m not sure if [the burglar] was more afraid of me or the gun.” Upon seeing the homeowner, the burglar reportedly screamed, stammered, “I’m so sorry, sir,” and leapt headfirst through the first-floor window he had used to enter the home.

I like myself just fine. What I dont like, well that would be arrogant, self righteous, opinionated little fucks like yourself who go around judging others like youre some kind of higher being.

Also, if I didn't get my point across, go fuck yourself. When youre done with that, worry about your own shit because its clear youre far more fucked up than me and all my ink.

Two things about ink - those that whine (yes whine) about what others think about their ink are guilty of false bravado. Ink on exposed skin is a public display of one's personality and beliefs. The ink was put there because it was an opinion or personality facet held so strongly that one desires to inform anyone around them of it. Others don't have to like it, nor respect it. Furthermore exposed skin in that context is no different than someone verbalizing those same opinions or beliefs - be ready for some feedback. Spewing a diatribe of foul language as a retort likely just confirms the opinion of the party that took issue to the ink in the first place.

Secondly, ink just like anything else is a trend. Bellbottom jeans and Parachute Pants were really something way back when, now days….. not so much. Ink is VERY trendy now. A tweak or two in society and 5 yrs from now that could do a 180. Not mention that for both men and women, shit expands and sags with age. That fine 20yr old gal with super kool mural - roll that shit forward with 3 kids, a diet of engineered crap, and a typical American lifestyle - think how beautiful she will be at 50…..

Bottom line if the ink is there because of a strongly held conviction then one should not even feel the need to concern themselves with what another would garner from the sight of it. If it is there for esoteric reasons, then feelings of ridicule are likely to follow - so who is the fool? Regardless, your opinions are not everyone's opinion and therefore at some point you're going to be penalized for your opinion. That is just a fact of life. The only question is - are your opinions firmly grounded and are you strong enough to stick to them when someone else challenges them? If so, move forward and care not what others think.

Bottom line if the ink is there because of a strongly held conviction then one should not even feel the need to concern themselves with what another would garner from the sight of it. If it is there for esoteric reasons, then feelings of ridicule are likely to follow - so who is the fool? Regardless, your opinions are not everyone's opinion and therefore at some point you're going to be penalized for your opinion. That is just a fact of life. The only question is - are your opinions firmly grounded and are you strong enough to stick to them when someone else challenges them? If so, move forward and care not what others think.

Won't make many friends spouting facts.

I look at it like fags, do I care if one is a queerbate, not one bit, doesnt mean I have to condone it.

As I find it more often, I must agree with VJJ here. Would have quoted the whole thing, but I'm lazy.

I'd like to get some ink, but hell, I don't have twenty years with three wives added together - not thinking something I can't change like a shirt, is a good plan for me........

As I find it more often, I must agree with VJJ..

It is weird, he is like our in house philosophic idiot savant - half of what he says has a jarring effect (esp about dildos) but he is on pace more often than not.

Two things about ink - those that whine (yes whine) about what others think about their ink are guilty of false bravado. Ink on exposed skin is a public display of one's personality and beliefs. The ink was put there because it was an opinion or personality facet held so strongly that one desires to inform anyone around them of it. Others don't have to like it, nor respect it. Furthermore exposed skin in that context is no different than someone verbalizing those same opinions or beliefs - be ready for some feedback. Spewing a diatribe of foul language as a retort likely just confirms the opinion of the party that took issue to the ink in the first place.

Secondly, ink just like anything else is a trend. Bellbottom jeans and Parachute Pants were really something way back when, now days….. not so much. Ink is VERY trendy now. A tweak or two in society and 5 yrs from now that could do a 180. Not mention that for both men and women, shit expands and sags with age. That fine 20yr old gal with super kool mural - roll that shit forward with 3 kids, a diet of engineered crap, and a typical American lifestyle - think how beautiful she will be at 50…..

A pretty well thought out and stated opinion. While I don't agree with some of it, I can still respect it.

A few things of note. Profanity... I'm of the opinion that words only have the power you give them. I personally tend to curse, a lot, more of a habit than anything, and it takes a conscious effort not to. In the end, I think its not really worth worrying about one way or the other. As far as whining about my ink, or rather someone else's opinion of it. The ink is actually not consequential, it is merely the attitude of superiority that bothers me. As far as caring about it, it is a pretty low priority, but I cant pass up the opportunity to say fuck off to a smug fuck.

While some men don't like fake tits, almost all of them appreciate the extra effort it took to have 'em put in.

One must sample the finished product to be truly sure of quality and quantity
And to this end...I offer my services.
You're welcome

It is weird, he is like our in house philosophic idiot savant - half of what he says has a jarring effect (esp about dildos) but he is on pace more often than not.

I generally agree with Mike's lengthy diatribes... and pmclaine never fails to deliver excellence... but VJJ, what a true gem of wisdom and knowledge...

oh, and my two cents on tats and fake titties... love me some fake (stripper-like) titties, hate me some fruity (artwork-like) tattoos... but mixing the two makes for some very colorful canvas for my mammoth milkshakes...

Do what you want, but don't complain if/when your choices limit you later. It's all about priorities, if they mean that much then have at it. Perhaps someday tats won't have the connotation they do now. But you are kidding yourself if you think they won't be a consideration for employment in many cases.

The problem, if there is one, is that tats are most popular among the very young - and as us middle age folk know, we don't always make the best choices for our future at that age or think our views will ever change or mature. Tats, to me, are like social media...once it's out there you can't take it back and we have all done things in our youth we would have more discretion about now. I am thankful I came up in an age when privacy was still possible and my entire life wasn't recorded.

The point is, you better be sure, especially on something large that can't be covered or something controversial.

You stare at me because I am different, I pity you because you are all the same. Just saying

Everyone is the same, and that's a fact. The problem though, is even our "differences" are the same. To what extent one wants to put their 'differences', or to which degree one wants to push the 'difference' spectrum, is in and of itself still a 'sameness' in a crowd.

One can make themselves look to be the color and shape of a traffic cone, if they want to be 'different'. Either way, they'll still be noticed, pointed at, avoided, commented on, and 'judged'. To really be "different" in this day and age... be the one not noticed.

Try going unnoticed and under the radar. Then you'll be 'different'. Because practically everyone else has "hey, look at me" going on in one way or another.

A pretty well thought out and stated opinion. While I don't agree with some of it, I can still respect it.

A few things of note. Profanity... I'm of the opinion that words only have the power you give them. I personally tend to curse, a lot, more of a habit than anything, and it takes a conscious effort not to. In the end, I think its not really worth worrying about one way or the other. As far as whining about my ink, or rather someone else's opinion of it. The ink is actually not consequential, it is merely the attitude of superiority that bothers me. As far as caring about it, it is a pretty low priority, but I cant pass up the opportunity to say fuck off to a smug fuck.
Meltdown much?

Everyone is the same, and that's a fact. The problem though, is even our "differences" are the same. To what extent one wants to put their 'differences', or to which degree one wants to push the 'difference' spectrum, is in and of itself still a 'sameness' in a crowd.

One can make themselves look to be the color and shape of a traffic cone, if they want to be 'different'. Either way, they'll still be noticed, pointed at, avoided, commented on, and 'judged'. To really be "different" in this day and age... be the one not noticed.

Try going unnoticed and under the radar. Then you'll be 'different'. Because practically everyone else has "hey, look at me" going on in one way or another.

So many wish to be nonconformists...so they conform to what everyone else is doing in the moment.

Plenty of evidence in this thread. Some people don't like tattoos, deal with it...though I'm sure yours are awesome and make you look like a badass.

They don't make me look like anything. That was never the idea. And you can take your evidence, or rather assumptions, and stuff those up your ass as well.

I'm not a big person for colored tattoos but black ink can be amazing both my wife and I have a few but who can argue with this

This issue has caused quite an uproar. My 1/2 a peso, I love me some aftermarket accessories!!!! Hell I changed the tires on my brand new truck after I had it for 30 min. I can't see calling em fake if they are wrapped in real skin and aren't out of proportion. Tats are cool, some are hot but all in moderation. But aftermarket accessories are about what the end user likes.