• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Enterprise Fly Over New York

Re: Enterprise Fly Over New York

Nice pics! Almost as impressive as the space shuttle is the fact that the T-38 chase plane is still flyable!

I was at STS-135 for the final launch.... that was definitely a bitter-sweet event. Sad to see the end of the program.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fastex500</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was at STS-135 for the final launch.... that was definitely a bitter-sweet event. Sad to see the end of the program. </div></div>

I would have done almost anything for a chance to be there. It was pretty sad when they announced the cancelation of the shuttle program. That's when I knew I would never get a chance to see one launch.

I'm just happy I got to see at least one in the sky.

It's also really concerning to me that more people aren't upset that we no longer have a legitimate space program.

I totally agree westford! So many of the technology advances we made were because of the space program..... now that will be much slower, unless we want to buy new technology from the Chinese instead of doing it on our own...... wait..... isn't that already happening?

I got the chance to get tickets and take my dad and brother for fathers day. My dad has talked about the shuttle since I can remember and never got to see a launch... it was a really great experience to share. The sheer power of that system coming off the launch pad is amazing!

Need to focus efforts on deep sea exploration; it's more foreign to us at this point than space and who knows what lies beneath. I personally think there are more significant findings to be found in the deep oceans as it relates to medicine and technology than in space. Space was the most attractive for it's strategic benefits at the time, but i think its time to focus downward for a while.

Lucky enough to be able to witness this yesterday first hand from a very cool vantage point high above the city.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: westford86</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
It's also really concerning to me that more people aren't upset that we no longer have a legitimate space program. </div></div>

Yeah, well can't afford innovation when POTUS wants to ramp up welfare for his people.

Saw it fly over twice.A beautiful sight on a beautiful day In NY.Astronaut,another goal you can take off of your childrens wish list.Can you hear me Major Tom ???

i betcha the folks in NYC that <span style="font-weight: bold">didn't</span> know of the flyover got really anxious once they seen the belly of that 747 and the sound of the engines.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that none of the space shuttles have engines per se. I think their sole means of propulsion is those rocket boosters. Once it re-enters orbit, it essentially becomes a glider.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Slapchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that none of the space shuttles have engines per se. I think their sole means of propulsion is those rocket boosters. Once it re-enters orbit, it essentially becomes a glider. </div></div>

The big fuel tank between the boosters holds the fuel for the shuttles engines.

If anyone still wants to see the shuttle atop the 747, go ride the AirTran to JFK. I saw it again this morning, the ass end was sticking out of a hanger, they have it pulled half way in because it's to tall to fit all the way.

The train passed by to fast for me to snap a photo.

well thats not something you see everyday...cool pics
smile.gif