• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Entry level 6.5 Creedmoor

Randoman5

Minuteman
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
There are obviously tons of options with .308, but 6.5 CM seems like a much better choice overall. It's even easier and often less expensive to find factory ammunition for at this point.

As far as I can tell the only option available in the $1000 or under price point is the Savage 12 LRP. This seems like a good choice other than the fact that it seems that only some of the triggers are remotely reliable.

Are there any other options out there? Will a Savage 12 action fit in any stock or chassis that a Savage 10 will?

As far as I can tell the only option available in the $1000 or under price point is the Savage 12 LRP. This seems like a good choice other than the fact that it seems that only some of the triggers are remotely reliable.

Are there any other options out there? Will a Savage 12 action fit in any stock or chassis that a Savage 10 will?

What issues are you referring to with the triggers? The only issues that I've seen with the target model triggers are when someone tries to set them at there lowest setting.

Yes on the stock as long as it has the 4.4" spacing ... you will also want a stock for the factory (or aftermarket if you choose) DBM that comes on the LRP. Most all Savage stocks are for a blind magazine

Is not just when you try to adjust the trigger pull too low. I have had two savages fail to engage the sear and instead jam against the accurelease on numerous occasions when the bolt is cycled. The triggers were at factory settings and my hand was off the trigger. They are only reliable at their highest setting. If you're ok with a 3 pound trigger on a target rifle them i guess it's gtg. If you want a lower pull weight you need to ditch it in favor of a SSS comp trigger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I personally have never had that problem with my LRP, thats why I was asking. It's set at approx. 1lb. I have the SSS trigger on 4 other Savages and a SAV-2 on another. I prefer the SAV-2, but the SSS is a good trigger too.

I haven't that problem with my LRP, I haven't changed it since I got it, breaks cleanly at about 12 oz.. I don't even notice the blade on the Accutrigger anymore. I've got about 600 rounds through it, most shooting tactical matches. Mine's in a McCree chassis right now. The HS stock isn't bad, just needed some adjustment.

Is not just when you try to adjust the trigger pull too low. I have had two savages fail to engage the sear and instead jam against the accurelease on numerous occasions when the bolt is cycled. The triggers were at factory settings and my hand was off the trigger. They are only reliable at their highest setting. If you're ok with a 3 pound trigger on a target rifle them i guess it's gtg. If you want a lower pull weight you need to ditch it in favor of a SSS comp trigger.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

What issues are you referring to with the triggers? The only issues that I've seen with the target model triggers are when someone tries to set them at there lowest setting.

Yes on the stock as long as it has the 4.4" spacing ... you will also want a stock for the factory (or aftermarket if you choose) DBM that comes on the LRP. Most all Savage stocks are for a blind magazine

Is that for sure? I know I could get a XLR because they inlet for everything. Would it fit in the new Savage AICS?

Im not sure on the AICS, I haven't looked into them. I do know that the LRP takes the 4.4" screw spacing. The thing that you need to look for in a stock for the LRP is the magazine cutout ... the LRP is a detachable magazine, unlike many Savages. I'd be willing to bet money that the AIC stock will only work with there magazine, which would be a good thing.

I have approx 2k rounds thru a Savage with the Rifle Basix Sav-1 trigger, most of those rounds prone in a dusty field. The RB has never failed.

The savage predator is cheaper and a great entry level tac/target gun. I was recently pricing out similar guns and am having a hard time deciding to buy a savage and set it up or just buy a Tikka Sporter in 260 for 1500 bucks.

I looked at that one too. If they made it in 6.5cm I'd buy it, but 260 ammo is much more expensive and it'll be a while before I'd have the space or equipment to reload. I'm currently most strongly debating a T3 sporter in .308 or the 12 LRP.

I've seen the predator max, which looks great, except that I'm worried the barrel contour is too light for sustained firing. The LRP suffers from the opposite but I'd rather have too heavy a barrel than too light.

I looked at that one too. If they made it in 6.5cm I'd buy it, but 260 ammo is much more expensive and it'll be a while before I'd have the space or equipment to reload. I'm currently most strongly debating a T3 sporter in .308 or the 12 LRP.

I've seen the predator max, which looks great, except that I'm worried the barrel contour is too light for sustained firing. The LRP suffers from the opposite but I'd rather have too heavy a barrel than too light.

I ordered a 12LRP creed. I have no clue when I'm gonna get it. Could be a few weeks, could be many months "they said". errrr