• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Eotech 553 and PVS14

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
I have an eotech 553 and a pvs 14 but I am looking for a mount for the pvs that will line up correctly behind my eotech. I have looked at the Larue, and others but leaning towards the Larue. Anyone running this combo and if so what mount did you use.

Thanks

Re: Eotech 553 and PVS14

Another option...

We also have our TM-14 that does not require you to have a whole throw level mount hanging on your head mount if you need to go to your melon.

Quick transition too, at approx 5 seconds from head to weapon/weapon to head.

We also killed 2 birds with one stone and utilized the Aimpoint Twist mount base with the TM-14 that also allows the AP 3x magnifier to go on and off using the same base.

http://www.tnvc.com/shop/tnvc-tm14-pvs-14-weapon-mount/

Tall Ring mount LT114 for the 553 EOTECH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which Larue model? They make 3 </div></div>

Sounds like you went with the LaRue. No doubt, a good mount that will work for what you are asking it to do.

- However -

I have found, when it comes to night vision, it is best to take the advice of Vic and the guys at TNVC, who chimed in above. They have loads of experience using NV and know what works.

I went down the same road as you, wanting to mount my PVS-14 on my rifle with my EoTech EXPS 3-0. I went with the TM-14 mount as they suggested. After using it for a while, I decided the best way to use the NVD was helmet mounted, which I never thought I would like. The TM-14 is easily left attached to the NVD when transitioning to a head mount configuration. It is much easier to use the NVD for long periods when it is hands free and your aren't having to look down your rifle.

The LaRue mount will no doubt be great for mounting the PVS-14 like you asked. I'm just saying stay open to the idea of helmet mounting in the future if you're not totally satisfied with the NVD weapon-mounted.

Here are a couple pics of mine, both rifle and helmet mounted: