• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Eotech and Aimpoint

nainud

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 22, 2008
Thailand
Dear Hide member,
I know a lot of you talk about Eotech vs Aimpoint.(http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=173571&Number=1919775)
I decided already to buy the Eotech 512.A65 to attached with my CMMG .22cal. I had heart from my friend that his 512 and 517 was some dark streak on the scope's screen after use 1-2 years. He use it in home defense not in a field. I would like to know that how possibly it happens? Cause of this reason I have to turn to look Aimpoint for compare also(Aimpoint M3). I have budget less than 500 USD and I do not live in USA so it's not easy to claim the scope.
Thank you for all advice.

Re: Eotech and Aimpoint

There is some in Eotech Troubleshooting which mention about

"There is a streak in the reticle/ the reticle is dim/ the reticle fades in parts of the window:

Replace the batteries.
Check with others who have used the sight, and compare what you see to ensure it is not your focal acuity prior to turning the sight in for repair.
Contact Repair & Service."

My friend has replace many brand of battery but useless.

Re: Eotech and Aimpoint

I own both the 512 and the M3. I much prefer the Aimpoint due to its much longer battery life and problems with leaking double AA's in the Eotech. I don't know what causing your problem, perhaps others wiil chime in. Perhaps a trip back to EoTech for repair is required.