• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes eotech magnifier alternative

KE5MUJ

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2009
New Waverly,TX
Forgive me in my search if I have missed this.

Is there a decent magnifier that is cheaper than the 3x eotech? This would be for a 551.

Re: eotech magnifier alternative

A lot of guys use a Hensoldt tank magnifier in a Larue FTS mount. Believe it is only a 2x though.

I ran into the same problem this summer because I wanted to use my M4 to hunt Coyotes. I wasn't sure how well the other magnifiers were going to do and I wasn't about to spend $600 on a piece of glass that only magnifies, so I found a deal on the IOR qr-ts 3x scope for $650 and I love it! Point being that you can try the 3x magnifiers but don't count out getting a whole new scope altogether. If I had just a little more money I would have gone with a 1.5-6x scope but I'm pleased with my 3x.

Go to "primary arms" dot com and look at there's. a lot of people are happy with them

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SavageStag</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex 3x </div></div>

+1 Have on behind my Eotech on a Sig 556. Mount on a Larue LT-649 'short' if I remember correctly. Lines up perfectly with the Eotech but call Larue to confirm on which height.