• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Eotech reticle comparison

thequickad

Private
Minuteman
Aug 30, 2003
OC, California
There are various reticle options and I am having a hard time to decide so I took some pictures (the range is 85 yards) of the various reticles I have access to (65 MOA with 2 dots, AR223 BDC, 1 dot and a regular German #4 reticle on a scope).

sc1.jpg

sc1_1.jpg

sc2_1.jpg

sc3_1.jpg

sc4_1.jpg

magnified
sc1_2.jpg

sc2_2.jpg

sc3_2.jpg

sc4_2.jpg

Re: Eotech reticle comparison

i'm so confused... but if you're asking which one to go with, go for the basic circle dot.

you don't need the BDC because you can't range your target at an unknown distance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thequickad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are various reticle options and I am having a hard time to decide so I took some pictures (the range is 85 yards) of the various reticles I have access to (65 MOA with 2 dots, AR223 BDC, 1 dot and a regular German #4 reticle on a scope).

sc1.jpg

sc1_1.jpg

sc2_1.jpg

sc3_1.jpg

sc4_1.jpg

magnified
sc1_2.jpg

sc2_2.jpg

sc3_2.jpg

sc4_2.jpg

</div></div>

Probably you must know these angular sizes...
EOTech-.jpg

Still think the original A65 (single dot in 65moa circle) is the fastest, yet gives enough info to guesstimate range and holdovers on man sized targets out the effective BSZ of most calibers, and if I need more precision than that I won't be using an Eotech or any other type red dot sight.

I agree that the A65 circle dot is fast.

EOTech publishes that the average adult male is 5' 9" tall. This is just about the size of the outer ring at 100 yards. At 200 yards, that same adult male will occupy half of the outer ring diameter. A third of the diameter represents this adult at 300 yards, and a quarter of the diameter at 400 yards.

The outer circle is about 10" in diameter at 15 yards.

As well, the girth of a whitetail deer is roughly 16-18 inches. at 25 yards, the distance from belly to spine occupies the entire 65MOA ring. at 50 yards, it will occupy half of the circle, and at 100 yards, the girth represents roughly 1/4 of the diameter.

Interestingly, the dot does not magnify at the same rate as the target... under 4X magnification, the center aiming dot subtends only 1.6" at 600 meters.

Mark H.

go with the single dot eotech. the others are just too busy and you end up focusing on which dot to use instead of on the target. especially the four dot version, it is too busy and distracting.