• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Eotech vudu 3.5x18 ffp

Teuchter Boy

Private
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2020
Glasgow
I have been considering an ffp Optika 6 or another SHV F1 to go on a moderated Anschutz 22lr and came across the vudu line of scopes and find myself drawn to getting one simply to try out something new. Pretty heavy at 900grams (almost Delta territory) but I am a big lad so the weight won't put me off. Not a lot of information online about the 3.5x18 Vudu but from what I have read the reviews are positive. It is a lot of scope for the 22lr but I really like the mag range and the Moa reticle. I currently have a PST genii 3x15 on the rifle but finding I am getting to dislike the busy reticle and want something a bit cleaner. I know Eotech from the military but didn't realise they did rifle scopes; does anyone have any experience of this scope and if so, how what do you think. Based in the UK so Eotech is relatively cheap here (same price as a PST gen ii and £300 cheaper than an SHV) as they are presumably trying to make a splash to get a name. Will probably take a punt on one but would be good to hear from folks with hands on experience of the optic.

Very happy with my 5-25x50. It isn't a ZCO or a TT, but it's an impressively solid ultrashort for the price. No experience with the smaller cousin.

Thanks @maysys, I think I will give the scope a try, worst case scenario it will be a life lesson for me.... Japanese glass from the LOW factory should hopefully mean I can't go too wrong.

I had a 3.5-18 MRAD. It was a good scope. You can find them for good deals if you look. Don’t hesitate to get one, they are underrated in my opinion.

Evening all, scope arrived yesterday. I am yet to mount it but so far it looks very impressive for the money. I took it out at dawn and dusk today and had a wonder at lunch as well on a dull, wet and windy day in southern Scotland.

The eye box isn't that fussy and I am sure it will be even better once mounted. The glass is probably equal to the SHV and slightly better than the PST gen ii, especially on a dull and overcast day even. The IR is absolutely spot on and there is no "bleeding" of the light whatsoever. The parallax works great and is accurate enough to assist with rangefinding between 30 and 100 yards which will work great with a 22lr. The magnification works as it should and the reticle is spot on for hunting, being a nice simple moa one although I seem you can get a Christmas tree Mrad variety as well.

There is no mush in the turrets (as you would expect from a £1,000 scope) and they make nice audible clicks. Not done a tracking test yet but so far this scope is shaping up well. Wont get to mount and zero it until at least the weekend as still dark after work but so far everything is very positive. Final initial thoughts are it is a heavy scope but it feels good quality. Looking forward to running it in on the Anschutz between 50 and 100 yards then seeing how well it performs on a bit of bunny bashing.

Reactions: maysys