• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ERA-TAC adjustable mount.

Paul1262

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 13, 2019
Has anyone had experience with a 30mm ERA-TAC adjustable mount?

Shouldn't be any different than the other adjustable they offer, only size.

Have them on two rifles. Fantastic creations that are incredibly flexible, especially if swapping scope/mount from system to system.

Never had an issue with any of mine.

Shouldn't be any different than the other adjustable they offer, only size.

Have them on two rifles. Fantastic creations that are incredibly flexible, especially if swapping scope/mount from system to system.

Never had an issue with any of mine.
Thanks for the feedback.

I have Era-tac on one of my rifles. I like them. They are very sturdy and well built. I use them so I can set my scopes to give me full MOA elevation gain. I am using them on 6.5 Creedmoor's so I don't have much recoil to deal.

I have used the 30mm and 34mm ones and love them. They are solid and being able to dial in the cant is great for getting all of the travel out of the scope.

I have Era-tac on one of my rifles. I like them. They are very sturdy and well built. I use them so I can set my scopes to give me full MOA elevation gain. I am using them on 6.5 Creedmoor's so I don't have much recoil to deal.
Appreciate the information.

Reactions: Rocky59
I have used the 30mm and 34mm ones and love them. They are solid and being able to dial in the cant is great for getting all of the travel out of the scope.
Thanks for the information. I just started looking at this product so please excuse a question that may sound stupid. For long distance shots do you adjust your scope elevation to it's max or close to it and then adjust the Era-tac by the additional elevation you need?

Thanks for the information. I just started looking at this product so please excuse a question that may sound stupid. For long distance shots do you adjust your scope elevation to it's max or close to it and then adjust the Era-tac by the additional elevation you need?

The ERA-TAC is not meant to be field adjustable. It's a set it and leave it.
I dial in the total cant so I can get a 100 yard zero as close to the bottom of travel of the scope as possible. On my NF ATACR I use 60 MOA and then that gets me like 32 mils of travel from a 100 yard zero.

Reactions: Nik H
The ERA-TAC is not meant to be field adjustable. It's a set it and leave it.
I dial in the total cant so I can get a 100 yard zero as close to the bottom of travel of the scope as possible. On my NF ATACR I use 60 MOA and then that gets me like 32 mils of travel from a 100 yard zero.
Thanks again for the information-much appreciated.

I have the 34mm version and its typical German engineering and quality. I have adjusted it in the field and can do so very easily and other end users I know also adjust in the field without issues. I dont like adding too much initial cant on the mount for a 100M zero as it produces a lot of compression on the erector spring especially if the weapon is stored for long periods and the reticle at the edge of the glass far from the sweet spot at closer distance shots.
This is just how I do it and YMMV. I advise you have a notebook so you know where you are when adjusting the inclination.

I have the 34mm version and its typical German engineering and quality. I have adjusted it in the field and can do so very easily and other end users I know also adjust in the field without issues. I dont like adding too much initial cant on the mount for a 100M zero as it produces a lot of compression on the erector spring especially if the weapon is stored for long periods and the reticle at the edge of the glass far from the sweet spot at closer distance shots.
This is just how I do it and YMMV. I advise you have a notebook so you know where you are when adjusting the inclination.
Thanks for info. Glad to know that adjustments can be made in the field. Appreciate the notebook tip.

I have a few both adjustable and fixed, they are just bulletproof! Solid and well built. I have not yet adjusted the adjustable out in the field. I like them better then the Spuhr.

I have the fixed 20 MOA, 34 mm version on an AR10 holding up my Khales. It is a great mount. Takes a lot of punishment on the AR10 and works as well as my Spuhr mounts. I bought it because the Spuhr I wanted was out of stock.

I have the fixed 20 MOA, 34 mm version on an AR10 holding up my Khales. It is a great mount. Takes a lot of punishment on the AR10 and works as well as my Spuhr mounts. I bought it because the Spuhr I wanted was out of stock.
Appreciate the info - thanks.