• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Eric Clapton's experience with the jab

Clapton is not a leftist.
Honestly I don't know about that; but, I will say the number of rock & rollers (at least classic rock) that are hard core leftists seems surprisingly low compared to the general thought pattern on their behavior. Not talking about Uncle Ted either. Now that the tax man cometh, I suspect more of these folks are going to come out of the woodwork.

That said, roger waters is still a leftist pig.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Honestly I don't know about that; but, I will say the number of rock & rollers (at least classic rock) that are hard core leftists seems surprisingly low compared to the general thought pattern on their behavior. Not talking about Uncle Ted either. Now that the tax man cometh, I suspect more of these folks are going to come out of the woodwork.

That said, roger waters is still a leftist pig.
I would put Clapton in the Trumpist camp, not that he admits it these days. He made a speech on stage in the mid 70s about the horrors of immigration, got in a lot of trouble. Google Rivers of Blood and Clapton. The whole Rock Against Racism movement was a reaction to him. Or at least in large part. He apologized etc, but I don't think anybody actually believed he changed his mind. He's also been on the whole anti-lockdown kick for all of Covid. As the lefties like to say, he's problematic.

Not that it matters, because his only worthwhile skill is playing music. No reason to listen to a right wing singer any more than Lady Gaga. But he definitely has a political history.

Reactions: 10ring'r and lash
I would put Clapton in the Trumpist camp, not that he admits it these days. He made a speech on stage in the mid 70s about the horrors of immigration, got in a lot of trouble. Google Rivers of Blood and Clapton. The whole Rock Against Racism movement was a reaction to him. Or at least in large part. He apologized etc, but I don't think anybody actually believed he changed his mind. He's also been on the whole anti-lockdown kick for all of Covid. As the lefties like to say, he's problematic.

Not that it matters, because his only worthwhile skill is playing music. No reason to listen to a right wing singer any more than Lady Gaga. But he definitely has a political history.
He's not my favorite player by any stretch so I don't know much about him. I guess I never "got" Clapton's style other than the real blues he played.

Clapton was a Thatcher supporter and is right wing, nationalist as far as Brits go. I've heard and read interviews and despite the drugs, Clapton is very intelligent and sensible. Clapton has opinions, like the rest of us. I don't think he has the typical, modern day entertainer god complex.

clapton is just one person giving his experience with the "vaccine".
it means nothing more except that his voice reaches farther than most.

Don't forget he also had a pretty bad run with heroin, alcohol, and prescription drugs. He's lucky to be alive. Doesn't mean he wasn't a damn fine rock guitar player. He's my #2 behind Jimi. He has had peripheral neuropathy issues for at least the past 5 years making it increasingly difficult to play. Cream was and still is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Seems like he agrees with Trump, but didn’t want to come to the US because of Trump.

Maybe he should stick with music