• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ESC Dynamic Gear - Gittings Equalizer Skid Pad

Sheldon N

Blind Squirrel Finds a Nut
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2014
Pacific Northwest
Wanted to post up a quick review of the ESC Dynamic Gear Gittings Pad. Had a chance to run one of these at a match this weekend and loved how it performed. The pad is a collaboration between top PRS shooters Ethan Carey and Chris Gittings and is designed to add stability and offer flexibility in shooting different PRS style barricades. It attaches to the fore-end of your rifle with velcro strips on the stock sides so you can either run the pad or pull it off and use the RRS/Arca rail and accessories. It has two padded "outriggers" that add some rotational stability for keeping the rifle level and the bottom of the pad is grippy material so it clings onto a shooting bag and helps keep the rifle in position under recoil. The other area where the pad really shines is on multi-position stages where you want to use tripod rear support. The pad is just enough cushion to allow the rifle to rest and level itself on a barricade, but it aids in fast transitions since you don't have to move a bag when you go from position to position.

I ran it in a PRS club series match yesterday and had my best score ever, went 78 impacts out of 78 shots fired and a won the match with a final score of 78/80 points. Highly recommend the pad, well worth checking out.

http://escdynamicgear.com/product/gittings-equalizer-skid-pad/

Attachments

• IMG_2389.JPG
    IMG_2389.JPG
    410.2 KB · Views: 378
What does this pad do that the pigskins barricade pad does not? Or what does it do better?

Wanted to post up a quick review of the ESC Dynamic Gear Gittings Pad. Had a chance to run one of these at a match this weekend and loved how it performed. The pad is a collaboration between top PRS shooters Ethan Carey and Chris Gittings and is designed to add stability and offer flexibility in shooting different PRS style barricades. It attaches to the fore-end of your rifle with velcro strips on the stock sides so you can either run the pad or pull it off and use the RRS/Arca rail and accessories. It has two padded "outriggers" that add some rotational stability for keeping the rifle level and the bottom of the pad is grippy material so it clings onto a shooting bag and helps keep the rifle in position under recoil. The other area where the pad really shines is on multi-position stages where you want to use tripod rear support. The pad is just enough cushion to allow the rifle to rest and level itself on a barricade, but it aids in fast transitions since you don't have to move a bag when you go from position to position.

I ran it in a PRS club series match yesterday and had my best score ever, went 78 impacts out of 78 shots fired and a won the match with a final score of 78/80 points. Highly recommend the pad, well worth checking out.

Congrats :)

Did you try it on top of a GC or other normal bag?

Wondering if it actually slides more /hopefully less (soaking up a bit of the recoil) than a bare Dovetail rail.

It slides less with the pad under recoil than a bare rifle, since it’s got grippy material between the two padded outriggers. I ran it on top of the game changer as well as by itself yesterday.

The biggest difference between this and a standard stock pad is that this has two padded sleeves (outriggers) that give it cushion and a wider footprint for better stability. I’ve had a standard stock pad before and this is way more stable.

Reactions: JS624
It slides less with the pad under recoil than a bare rifle, since it’s got grippy material between the two padded outriggers. I ran it on top of the game changer as well as by itself yesterday.

The biggest difference between this and a standard stock pad is that this has two padded sleeves (outriggers) that give it cushion and a wider footprint for better stability. I’ve had a standard stock pad before and this is way more stable.
I’ll give one a try. I get the value when they say “no bags” or when a bag will not fit.. etc. but it would be cool if it makes a CG even better :)

Reactions: Sheldon N
Purchased- but didn’t realize i’d need one for my Manars and a different one for my MPA

I like it. Have a Tikka Tac A1 I’ll have to take a guess on which one fits best.

Reactions: maxfly
you can send esc a message with the width of your stock/chassis foreend and they will send the correct one.

Do the "outriggers" actually add real stability or do they flop on the side? What material provides the cushion? I already ordered one, but curious about the construction.....

Reactions: mm509
That’s some fantastic shooting Sheldon!

I’ve got one of those pads also, I like it. If I’m using rear support (like a tripod) and there is movement, I prefer using the skidpad up front alone vs a bag. It really makes for smoother transitions.

Do the "outriggers" actually add real stability or do they flop on the side? What material provides the cushion? I already ordered one, but curious about the construction.....

I have been running these on my KRG Whiskey Chassis for a while now. The "outriggers" do in fact add stability. They have an amount of squish, but for the most part are rigid. The material that provides the cushion, it seems there is approx 1/8" (+/-) of cushion built into the flat/bottom of the pad.

Like Sheldon has said, I really prefer it in conjunction with the Game Changer bag, the amount of movement is extremely minimized. Now, the best part......when you cant fit a game changer in a spot, this pad with outriggers provides a noticeable amount of stability. I have ordered a couple for my riles, and will highly recommend them to anybody shooting off barricades.

Got my skid pad in today, excellent addition to my MPA. Haven't shot with it yet but throwing it onto the GC and Udder sure seems sweet. I like the added traction and foot print it gives when shooting off my bags.

That is some seriously impressive shooting! I’m very interested to try one of these on my Foundation. Very cool concept.

Strong shooting Sheldon , I totally agree the skid pad is legit I’m planning on. Using it at the NorCal TBRC there will be a ton of movement there

Reactions: Sheldon N
So, i notice on the website that these are for specific chassis/stocks. I have an arca Raul on the bottom of my cadex comp fore end. Could I attach this thing or is there anything that would stand in the way of that?

Just ordered one of these for my Foundation stock and hope to get it in time to try out at the Grind. Looks like a great piece of gear!

hey, can you removed the pad to utilize the entire arca if needed? I run hog saddle pig skins but can't utilize the full rail if needed.

hey, can you removed the pad to utilize the entire arca if needed? I run hog saddle pig skins but can't utilize the full rail if needed.
Yes. I just detach from Velcro on one side of rifle. I can still lock in on tripod or slide bipod fully to rear of rail.

These are also available through MPA. Mine has both labels on it, made in USA, and very well built. My $0.02

Is there a recommendation on where to mount these? Close to the muzzle end, close to the magazine end, or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks,
Ted

Is there a recommendation on where to mount these? Close to the muzzle end, close to the magazine end, or somewhere in the middle?

Thanks,
Ted

Depending on barrel length/contour really, but generally closer to the magazine well/front action screw will be the balance point of most setups so running the pad coming from there towards the muzzle works best

I'll run this in several locations depending on what I'm doing. One way I find myself using it the most is out front near the bipod when doing tripod rear support. The pad is forward so I can rest the front rifle on the barricade and have clearance behind for tripod placement, the bipod (or a barricade block) hooks onto the back side of the barricade and I'll pull backward against that to absorb recoil and create additional stability, then the tripod provdes rear stability. Works great.

Reactions: jordan0317
I'll run this in several locations depending on what I'm doing. One way I find myself using it the most is out front near the bipod when doing tripod rear support. The pad is forward so I can rest the front rifle on the barricade and have clearance behind for tripod placement, the bipod (or a barricade block) hooks onto the back side of the barricade and I'll pull backward against that to absorb recoil and create additional stability, then the tripod provdes rear stability. Works great.

Haha, definitely good placement with a tripod in conjunction, didnt even take that into account

Thanks for the advice. I'm debating getting long strips of Velcro to mount the full length of the forend to give me maximum options for placement. Any downsides to this approach?

Thanks,
Ted

Reactions: jordan0317
Thanks for the advice. I'm debating getting long strips of Velcro to mount the full length of the forend to give me maximum options for placement. Any downsides to this approach?

Thanks,
Ted
For me, the only down side would be appearance. I am not a competitor, but for those that are, it sounds good. There may be other uses too. Someone is always coming up with a new accessory or technique. Maybe the velcrow works for that.

Thanks,
Ted

That’s exactly what I have on my rifles. No downsides in my opinion.

Reactions: djarecke
How long did it take everyone to get their order? Placed mine Monday and still havent gotten any emails from them.