• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Escargot anyone?

What a mess, they are down here in miami as well, and are uncontrolled as well.

a little lemon a nice cast iron pan with some capers and butter oh and the garnish a sprig of parsley and a lot of wine . cooked snot yum .
birds seem to like them then again they also eat worms .

Reactions: Zeroit
we had them in s florida a few years ago ag inspectors from across the state worked like bandits to control them, the snails can eat the stucco off of a building. it was a ecological nightmare, but the all but eradicated them...
the Miami Haitians are responsible for the snails here

I remember those slimy bastards from American Samoa. They, and the frogs, would come out of everywhere when it rained. They would get run over on the roads, and when the sun came back out the smell was terrible as they would cook on the blacktop.

I love escargot but I was in Pennsylvania in the early 80's and you shouldn't run outside at night we had some giant ass snails (probably slugs) no shell 6 to 8 inches long they would drop your ass on the sidewalk in a nanosecond.

It's been 35 years so forgotten most but snails are intermediate hosts for a lot of parasites. Schistosomiasis, liver flukes, etc. I'm sure the risk is low but I just ain't eating 'em.