• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

greggrissom

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2012
I am seriously considering buying an ESEE knife and was wondering if any Hide members had one or have used one. They look like a high quality knife but wanted some feedback from anyone that has one. Thanks in advance

A bunch of us have ESEE knives. I've got the ESEE 5 and am waiting on my Lite Machete to come in. They're great knives, built to work. My ESEE 5 stays in my truck console for whenever I'm out and about working. I highly recommend them.

Great blades. I have a 4 and Izula II, both super sharp and feel great in hand.
Knifeworks.com, awesome prices, ship fast, and great CS.

Last edited:
Make the purchase. I have several. They are outstanding knives that are built like tanks and can hold an edge. The sheaths, which a lot of companies skimp on IMO, are actually well put together too.

I have a couple of ESEE knives and am very impressed with them. They are very well built and hold an edge well. I use the 5" to clean game and the 4" is on my bunker gear at the FD. Good knives!

Have a 3 that I use for backpacking and a 6 for car camping. Both are great; carbon steel so keep 'em dry. Now have my eye on a Laser Strike. Great knives, well thought out and useful.

I carried an Izula as an EDC for a long time, and a RAT3 for anything heavier than that, for quite some time. I still like them, though their 1095 will corrode easily. Very easily. I solved this problem with my blades by hitting them with dry lube every now and then, seemed to keep them dry and held off the rust. I don't carry them any more, I've since fallen for Bark River blades.