• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Etched reticle pistol site

ut755ln

Rub some dirt on it
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2011
Houston Texas
Does anyone make an etched reticle pistol site? Yes, I have an astigmatism and if I turn up the brightness on any red dot I start to see a starburst pattern.

I’m not aware of any prismatic RDS. Have you tried a holosun with the circle dot? You can turn off the middle dot and the circle itself probably won’t bloom on you.

Does anyone make an etched reticle pistol site? Yes, I have an astigmatism and if I turn up the brightness on any red dot I start to see a starburst pattern.
Fix your astigmatism. Why on earth do people not think of that first I'll never know

• Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok
I’m not aware of any prismatic RDS. Have you tried a holosun with the circle dot? You can turn off the middle dot and the circle itself probably won’t bloom on you.
Avoid HS/Huanic at all costs because they're funded and controlled by the CCP. The CCP is our greatest external threat and they're undermining our republic from within through the democrats. The CCP also performs forced organ harvesting on people. They released the Wuhan virus. The list goes on and on.

Avoid HS/Huanic at all costs because they're funded and controlled by the CCP. The CCP is our greatest external threat and they're undermining our republic from within through the democrats. The CCP also performs forced organ harvesting on people. They released the Wuhan virus. The list goes on and on.
I don’t think anyone else makes a circle dot for a pistol RDS, so that may be his only option. Better something than nothing.

I don’t think anyone else makes a circle dot for a pistol RDS, so that may be his only option. Better something than nothing.
He can go to an optometrist, fix the root problem, and then use a real sight like Trijicon.

Reactions: camocorvette
The Sig Romeo 2 offers a dual circle reticle option. It has the same screw pattern as the Romeo 1 pro and Leupold DPP.

Well then maybe Trijicon or Sig could use some of their globohomo MIC money to release an updated MRD as good as the holosun.

When was the last time they made a revision to the Acog or the RMR has been updated ?
Also the fucking Wuhan lab was run by Ecoalliance (Fauci, USA) and Buzin (France)

Try a bigger dot. The starburst starts to go away at 8MOA for me. These guys offer up to 10MOA and same end manufacturer as Sig optics.

Those are definitely chinesium. Also, they don't warranty the glass, and they only offer a two and a half year warranty on the rest of it. And they list the mount pattern as the C-more pattern.

You claim one CCP company makes all the Sig electro-optics... Which of the at least three CCP electro-optics makers makes all of Sigs dot optics? Please provide objective evidence. Thanks.

Well then maybe Trijicon or Sig could use some of their globohomo MIC money to release an updated MRD as good as the holosun.

Holosun puts money into gimmicks. Trijicon puts money into quality.

Holosun reticles are beyond stupid if you know how to use a pistol RDS. The big circle makes you focus on it instead of the target. The 2 MOA dot is retarded in a pistol.

The solar panel is useless since the pistol spends most of its time in the dark (concealed or in storage) and the auto brightness is borderline useless as it doesn't respond until the light change has overwhelmed the reticle.

I know all this because I gave one a honest try. Found it wanting in the extreme. Hobby-grade is all that it is.

Nobody who is serious about competing in Carry Optics uses one.

Reactions: vinniedelpino
Holosun puts money into gimmicks. Trijicon puts money into quality.

Holosun reticles are beyond stupid if you know how to use a pistol RDS. The big circle makes you focus on it instead of the target. The 2 MOA dot is retarded in a pistol.

The solar panel is useless since the pistol spends most of its time in the dark (concealed or in storage) and the auto brightness is borderline useless as it doesn't respond until the light change has overwhelmed the reticle.

I know all this because I gave one a honest try. Found it wanting in the extreme. Hobby-grade is all that it is.

Nobody who is serious about competing in Carry Optics uses one.
This ^^^.
Target focus is KEY to using a dot optic effectively. No respected trainer teaches to focus on the dot at any point in the process of landing hits.

ETA: Even this pic is a bit misrepresentative of what your eye should see and "not see so clearly"- the photo of the red dot is what the CAMERA sees of the dot- your view of the dot shouldn't be so clear as that pic.

RedDot_VS_IronSightsSightPicture.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: gigamortis
They have these things called glasses, too.

I wear glasses. They are an imperfect solution for even mild astigmatism, to put it mildly.

Laser surgery is the plan when I can find a few weeks of downtime.

I wear glasses. They are an imperfect solution for even mild astigmatism, to put it mildly.

Laser surgery is the plan when I can find a few weeks of downtime.
Might need to find a better optometrist. My astigmatism is zero unless I try to look through the edges of the lenses.

And I wear them, have for two years now. They suck and don't help very much.

Find a better doc or better lenses.

So far I'm lucky. I put on my Oakley's and it goes crisp and the starburst disappears. I have about 5 pairs of their shooting glasses now, as the cheap ones don't have this effect.

0.jpg

That's about it! :D

For me the bigger dots are more defined, but not necessarily better. I recently started using a 6MOA dot on a shotgun shooting slugs, and I get what looks like a well defined 8 laying on it's side. Like shooting with both eyes open you just train your brain on which one to pay attention to and which one to ignore. lol

• Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
Might need to find a better optometrist. My astigmatism is zero unless I try to look through the edges of the lenses.

That's part of my problem - it's possible to look through the center of the lenses during most conditions, but inevitably there are cases where it's necessary to look through a "corner" of the lenses, and then the dot gets blurry. It's fair to question whether this is a meaningful issue for pistol shooting. On a carbine it's a bigger problem, and for whatever reason, Aimpoint dots look like dogshit regardless of eye/lens/optic alignment.

I'm not sure what Holosun does differently, but their sights look better to my eyes than does the RMR. It's not a make-or-break difference so I run Trijicon products on my centerfire guns that have an RMR cut.

That's part of my problem - it's possible to look through the center of the lenses during most conditions, but inevitably there are cases where it's necessary to look through a "corner" of the lenses, and then the dot gets blurry. It's fair to question whether this is a meaningful issue for pistol shooting.

I don't have to question if it's a meaningful issue for pistol shooting. I know it isn't. I've lost track of the number of times that I've had to shoot from severe leans, on one knee, on both knees, and on my belly in USPSA matches over the last three years.

You just put the red thing on the brown thing and press the trigger rapidly. Most people who think this is an issue are dot gazers and are not focusing on the target like they should be

I have terrible eyes. Moderate adjustment, but mostly in all aspects. That little chart of your eye prescription? I have numbers in all the boxes, both eyes. Not eligible for laser etc surgery, and glasses per the eye doc are only gonna do so much. Oh, also in my 50s, so for years have had progressive (modern version of bifocals) so have different focus over different bits of the glasses.

Lately: vitreal detachment on the right, and I am very very right handed, right eyed.

RDSs still work fine. But, not all of them. Had to try, or buy-and-return a LOT of them. Different makers use different technologies, materials, frequencies, coatings, etc. My solutions to follow but I do not believe these are universal, and guiding a few others through the process it seems that there's an RDS for everyone. Too bad not enough stores know this so let you try them all out.

I use the Mepro Tru Dot RDS (basically the M5 issued to the IDF and part of sales of TAVOR and other rifles to foreign governments) on rifles. Same tech has been there forever so the Elbit Falcon, MARS and others have also worked for me.

For pistols, I settled on the J-point. Works for me, shot enough to change batteries twice on the first gun, and carried a lot, rained on, frozen, dropped, banged into things, etc. No problems.

ALSO: Try shooting them. Looking at the dot almost everyone for almost every dot gets starbursts, commas, comets, blurs, etc. Ignore it. Look at the target, align the dot without looking AT it and fire. It works. I can, now I am totally used to RDS work, use ones that "do not work" for me, if I remember to not see if the dot works for my eyes. Maybe not as well, but close enough I can often outshoot the owners enough to help prove their dot is zeroed, the gun works, etc.

Reactions: Milf Dots
ALSO: Try shooting them. Looking at the dot almost everyone for almost every dot gets starbursts, commas, comets, blurs, etc. Ignore it. Look at the target, align the dot without looking AT it and fire. It works.

I'm convinced that easily 75% of the people who use a red dot on a pistol are using it wrong. And even on a rifle, target focus is the way for fast work up close.

Reactions: shoobe01
One of the worst things about shooters not knowing how to properly use a Dot Sight/target focus- they think the reticle style and color matter and so they're buying gimmicky Chinesium optics from CCP companies instead of duty rated optics from allied nations.

One of the worst things about shooters not knowing how to properly use a Dot Sight/target focus- they think the reticle style and color matter and so they're buying gimmicky Chinesium optics from CCP companies instead of duty rated optics from allied nations.

You mean gimmicky Chinesium optics like this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluedog82
Ya not everyone is you. I have keratoconus that they did Lasik and were only able to correct so much and corrective lenses only go so far. It’s not terrible but still noticeable. I agree on the point of target focus

Ya not everyone is you. I have keratoconus that they did Lasik and were only able to correct so much and corrective lenses only go so far.

Well I guess red dot sights aren't for everyone, now are they?

I remember seeing ads for this year's ago with shills claiming how awesome it was.
Basically Arken with worse marketing.

leupold 2x pistol scope is my solution for this.

Needs a frame mounted rail.

Its slow to aquire targets, heavy, and makes your gun look like a han solo blaster, but its an option.

I think the better option is to get good with irons.

Attachments

• BACAD70C-1112-46DE-B904-B0328BED7DC7.jpeg
    BACAD70C-1112-46DE-B904-B0328BED7DC7.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: acudaowner
might want to look into piano glasses my pop's help him focus about arms length away which is perfect for him to see while holding a gun at arms length I just get the star burst effect and shoot through it , for now . Don't need the glasses with rifles yet thank god . Oh you could try eye strengthening exercises to help with that stigma not positive if it would help a lot or not but could be a cheap fix for poor eyes , best of luck to you either way .