• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Ethical Hunting Range

I hunt for food or fur. I just built a 17 rem for coyotes in the winter. When I moose hunt I’m on foot and have a long walk when I don’t find anything, even longer if I get one. I hunt grouse with a air rifle. I only go for head shots. I don’t have a range finder. I only eat spring bear but will take any for fur I get the chance. God gave us dominion over the animals. As such I treat these recourses with respect. However I also realize it is not my place to tell someone else what they are doing is wrong. To do so would make you no better than the left. If someone has no morals how can you expect them to have ethics?

Great thread and great comments and I would only add one thing. With exception to predators, if your not going to eat it you shouldn’t be killing the animal to begin with......

What is wrong with eating predators??? I understand cats are particularly good.

With that said, I pretty much don't eat anything I kill and what I do kill I should be killing. If I ate everything I killed, I would be the size of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghost Busters, LOL. We have a huge hog issue down in Texas. Anybody dealing with that issue isn't eating all that s/he kills.

Reactions: deersniper

With that said, I pretty much don't eat anything I kill and what I do kill I should be killing. If I ate everything I killed, I would be the size of the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man from Ghost Busters, LOL. We have a huge hog issue down in Texas. Anybody dealing with that issue isn't eating all that s/he kills.

Buzzards got to eat..... same as a worm.

Over populated, destroying property, wiping out feed for cattle? That would fall into the pest category and I believe we already touched on that? Does beg the question though......how are they on the bbq??