• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes EuroOptic Unimount? Anyone Used it Before?

lawofsavage

Deplorable
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2012
Birmingham, AL
http://www.eurooptic.com/eurooptic-alloy-unimount-30mm-30-moa-14-high-with-bubble-level.aspx

I think I have decided to go with a unimount for my next scope, just because it seems like it should be so much easier and quicker going from rifle to rifle.

I really want the Spuhr but don't know if I want to spend $400+ right now.

Does anyone see a problem with this mount.

I would rather go with a steel unimount. Does anyone know of one for a 34mm or 35mm tube that is steel?

Does it harm anything if I stack a 30 moa unimount on top of a 20 moa base if the scope still has enough room to zero at 100?

Re: EuroOptic Unimount? Anyone Used it Before?

Why not just get the 0 MOA version of the same mount if you already have a 20 MOA base?

I have alloy Nightforce rings on my rifle and they are very solid - no problems.

I most likely would. Just was curious if there are issues in stacking cants. Since the 30 moa would be a sharper angle than the 20 just not sure if they would cause any flexing? I would not risk that on a precision rifle but was curious about it.

Also still interested in the other questions.

If anyone has used this mount?

Apprehension about using alloy instead of steel on a precision rifle?

I wouldn't worry about using aluminum so much but I'm not sure what the benefit of this mount is if you already have a canted rail. You still need a scope base, and ring misalignment when using quality components is really not a major issue. If you get some good rings and a good in spec base, you'll be able to pull your scope off and put it on other rifles no problem.

Also, don't stack the cants unless you're going serious long range, which most people don't. A lot of scopes will get you to a mile on a 20 moa base.
Justin

Thank You. I really like the idea of a unimount so I think I'm going to try one out. I need to give Eurooptic a call to see who makes this for them. I've already got a steel Warne tactical 20 MOA base so I think that is decent quality.

I find it hard to believe no one on the hide has ever used this? I might have to be the beta tester on this
laugh.gif

Please do report back if you get one, I need one soon and I also like one-piece mounts.

It looks very similar to a Badger Ordnance model, but the Badger one does not have a bubble level.

I will. I'm either getting that one or the AI mount which looks very sturdy and is less $$ but doesn't have the built in level. Unless,I find a Spuhr for a good deal.

Did anyone find out who makes these unimounts for EuroOptic? I would love to know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MacBud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did anyone find out who makes these unimounts for EuroOptic? I would love to know. </div></div>
also how much do they weigh? How far the rings are apart. Looks like a really nice mount

Well, I just got off the phone and the information I got was that,

Quotes are very close paraphrase or the exact verbatim answer I got.

"we get a local guy to make them"
"they are very light, definitely under a pound"

I want to try one out, but if it doesn't work out I don't see any way of getting my money back out of it as no one would want to buy a no name mount for $185.

I have one coming to mount a S&B 5x25 on an AX338. Will let y'all know how it compares to my other AI mounts.

Thanks man, so far you're the only one so far that has got one on here that's responded in this thread.

I also found these they look pretty beefy but have never heard of them or seen them before or know who stocks them.

http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/thirdeye_website_013.htm

Trying to find a unimount or rings 1.4" high for 35mm tube is proving to be difficult.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trying to find a unimount or rings 1.4" high for 35mm tube is proving to be difficult. </div></div>
We have 35mm mounts, 1.45" high, 20 MOA, in stock and ready to ship.

To answer some of your questions, there's no need for steel in a mount like this. Ours are many times stronger in every way than you could ever possibly need them to be.
wink.gif
Made from steel they'd be objectionably heavy.

Stacking slopes won't cause a problem with the right scope, many ELR guys do it on purpose. Possible problems are obviously if the scope doesn't have enough travel to comfortably zero at 100 and (especially with cheaper scopes) sometimes the image is noticeably degraded when that far off from optical center. With most quality scopes this is little or no issue at all. Even when it is, it allows the scope to be providing its best optical quality when you're shooting long range--which is arguably when you need it the most.

I'm also very interested in the Eurooptic unimount. It seems like a really cheap price considering it has a bubble level built it. I don't think Eurooptic would put their name on something that wasn't of very good quality. Anyone tried one yet?? A review and some pics of the underside etc. would be sweet!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lawofsavage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks those are by far my favorite mounts on the market right now. I just did not y'all made them in 35mm? http://spuhr.com/Our%20models.html

Do you know if anybody has them in stock? </div></div>

Yes Mile high Have our 35mm in stock.
Håkan

OK, I got mine about two weeks ago, and it works. Its decent, nothing spectacular. But then I saw the BUBBLE LEVEL! SWEET! That should end up saving me money right!?!?

I put my Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50mm into it and put it on my AI stock. Except for the scope cover & lens wipe, it is the cheapest thing on the weapon... (Is that smart?)

Pro's: The ring/mount appears very solid and uniformly torques down well. No need to lap.

Con's: Bubble level is a joke. I cannot even begin to see it without taking my face off the rifle and squinting. It is neither convenient or actually applicable when shooting, but, does a bang up job during mounting I guess.

Back to my rhetorical question: (Is that smart?) My answer is NO. This doesn't increase ANYTHING with this rifle/optics/stock platform and therefore is not needed and brings nothing to the platform.

I will go back to my Badger Ordnance Rings, purchase a separate level & ACI.

~Will