• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

EuroOptics .308 5-r Milspec 24" or SPS AAC 6.5 Creedmoor 22" threaded barreled action???

azpaleo

Private
Minuteman
May 2, 2018
Hi all! I got a great deal on a Cadex Defense Dual Strike chassis for the Remington short action right-handed receiver. I'm wanting to add a barreled action and not sure if I would get a better rifle (drop-in, no customs) in the .308 5-R mil-spec in 24" or the 6.5 creedmoor in 22" threaded. I do have a couple of suppressors and can order a mount (Dead Air or Thunderbeast) for the threaded barrel. I am cautious as to the quality of the factory threading and crown on the 22" though. If it was your factory rifle to shoot up to 1,000 yards, what would you pick??? I would probably get the .308 threaded and re-crowned if I went that direction. They both have their own pros and cons. The best of both worlds would be a 5-r in 6.5 creedmoor 24" gen 2 but no way for $900.00!!! since I would chuck the stock and trigger anyway. $500.00 is reasonable for action and barrel. Euro Optic is great as well!! This is my very first, so thanks for any help!!!!!!!!!!

It should really come down to whether you want a 308 or a 6.5 creed. Pick the caliber and then you'll have your answer.

When I had my RPR I cut the factory barrel down to 17”. According to my Tresol and BallisticAE it was still superior to the 20” 308 shooting 175 Federal GMM. But I never did get a chance to shoot it past 400 after chopping it. If you’re looking to get closer to max performance out of a 6.5cm then 22” or 24”. If you’re max is 1000 then I would have no problem running a 18”-20” 6.5 CM.

Only factory Remington thread job I’ve dealt with was a 308 700 AAC and by checking it with a 30 cal Geisselle reaction rod it was damn near perfect. I had that dropped in a AICS legacy 2.0 before i re barreled it and that little thing was a hammer.

Thanks for the input!!

It's either the Euro Optic Remington Defense 6.5 creedmoor SPS AAC SD barreled action NOW,,,,,,, or have the Cadex chassis sent to Short action customs and spend $2,100 on a trued custom Remington receiver/PTG 1-piece bolt/ 24" 1 in 8 twist 5-R M-24 Bartlein barrel, Trigger Tech special trigger, setup...……. Big part of me just wants to "wing it!!" with the $499.00 Euro Optic barreled action and learn how to tinker with it myself... Comes with the 40-X trigger.

Thanks again!!!!!

I have one of the EuroOptics Remington 700 22" barreled actions in 6.5 Creedmoor that I put in a KRG Bravo. Zero issues with threading or crown, and it's extremely accurate. Factory trigger was replaced with a Timney.

I went down this road recently. I ended up buying a Gen 2 6.5 Creedmoor complete rifle for around $900, then sold the stock on ebay for $375 and the trigger for $40. So i'm into the barreled action about $485. Just tossing that out there. I also have a .308 that I did the same thing with. Both the .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor 5r Gen 2's are shooters.
This too seems like a good idea that gets you what you actually want.

Thanks!!! I'm going to think about it.... but... just knowing I still need a scope for it...…………. that kinda stinks...…...