• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Even a blind hog...

DropZone

Shooter
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2006
Nebraska
www.chamberscustom.com
...finds a nut sometimes...

Such is the case with me and my new rifle. After deciding to try a couple of different bullets that I have laying around I loaded up some rounds and headed to the 600 yard range at ENGC today with my friend Herb.

The weather was overcast, about 60 degrees, winds out of the N/NW at 5-10mph. It was VERY wet out today after lots of rain this week and we were relegated to shooting off the benches (no offense to you bench shooters intended).

I shot a round of 10 107 SMK's just to warm up, nothing spectacular. Then I shot some Lapua Scenar 105's and one load showed promise.

Then after changing targets I got started with the Berger 105 Target BT's that I loaded. First load was 34g of VV N150, 2.177OAL at Ogive (.018 off the lands) per Erik's direction on finding the lands. BR-2 primers, four times fired cases that were freshly annealed with primer holes de-burred (never done that before). Now I should tell you that Herb has this nifty camera set up that allows us to see the target on a screen while shooting so seeing your shots is easy.

What happened next I can not explain. According to OnTarget the 10 shot group at 600 yards measured 2.159". The nine shot group was 1.727". The 35P showed the following data. 2899/2885, M-2890, ES-14, SD-5.

Here is a picture of the group. I finally feel like things are getting somewhere. Thank you for all the help from you guys on here that have posted, e-mailed, pm'ed and called me!

nice shooting and congrats on finding a perfect load...post the rest of the info for the rest of us coming into this cold...like rifle and caliber, etc

Wow! Looks like you have a shooter there. Nice!