• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos Evening Practice at Home

earthquake

Area Man
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2009
    USA
    Weeknights, especially when it's snowing hard out, this is better than watching the tube. I don't have that much room, ~20 max in the basement, but it's just far enough at my lowest mag (3.5x) that the dots are barely still blurry. I dry fire on this tgt. about 100 "shots" per evening.

Re: Evening Practice at Home

Is this another one of those mil. dot range estimation quizes
    wink.gif

nice little "range"; it looks familiar, especially in the winter when the weather sucks. Any practice is better than no practice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sturkis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me that when it is 115 degrees here!!! </div></div>
    I agree, when the heat is on here, it's on!!! Only place I shoot would be at the range in the summer because of the shade.

I WISH we had snow here in Alabama, summer it's around 100 with high humidity!!

AZ's, ya'll don't know how good you have it with that dry desert heat!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so sick of winter I could puke.</div></div>

+1

Just go out and shoot year around and keep track of how your rifle shoot form winter to summer. the point of impact should change.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sturkis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tell me that when it is 115 degrees here!!! </div></div>

+1

Yes it does change. I have to go shoot out in the cold to be competative in the spring and summer matches. I can handle the heat if I didnt have a job that I realy love here in ID I would move to AZ or TX

You might want to try taking a some construction paper the same size as the front of the scope and putting a 3/4" hole in the center of it. That helped clear mine up alittle just makes the sight picture darker.

+1

whatever......

hard pressed to find anywhere in our great land with weather worse than MN. low this winter here in southern mn was around -40 and we got several storms that dumped 12+ inches of snow at a time. My backyard snow was pushing 4 feet deep.

In about four months, we'll be in the 90's too with humidity in the 90's as well.

It sure is the most beautiful place in the world...... for 2 weeks in may and 2 weeks in october

either way, I try and shoot in all the conditions to keep track of zero's but it gets tough. i have a little indoor thing too but not as nice as yours.l how big are your dots??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ker2222</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...how big are your dots?? </div></div>

They are 3/4". I got the target from LL here on the Hide. It's his tactical-practical target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Walsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I WISH we had snow here in Alabama, summer it's around 100 with high humidity!!</div></div>
    I saw snow in Alabama once years ago. Was at Ft McClellan in Feb. starting basic. It was cold w/ the winds. And then hotter than hell come May & June.