• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Ever get the feeling it's time to move on?

flyboy

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2008
State College, PA
I got the wonderful news from work that I'm being investigated about an event where a minimum wage employee fecked up but to get out of it blamed it on me. Well obviously I'm at fault. They have pretty much made up their mind I'm told by my union rep. I'm tired of this world of not appreciating and valuing a hard working employee. I think it's time to find a different job

Last edited:
I feel it is. Just a good reason to dust off the old resume. I don't feel the company has a leg to stand on but if they are gonna take it this far, I'm not sure I wanna work here anymore.

Let them fire you and then sue their ass for wrongful term if u are not at fault.

Well, the drama in union shops can rival the House of Cards show. Sometimes these things can be blessings in disguise.

My POE is a non union gas and electric utility, much drama abounds. I think it's just the state of our world now.

Staying in a bad job situation will sap the life out of you faster than anything. I'd dust off the resume and start looking.

If PA didn't have a two party consent Law you might have been able to get one of the lying scumbags on tape. Don't try it unless they know they are being recorded.

Union shops are feast or famine. Everybody's living high on the hog when times are good, infighting and backstabbing when things go south. I'd get out if getting canned (righteous or not) would screw up your chances of finding gainful employment somewhere else.

Staying in a bad job situation will sap the life out of you faster than anything. I'd dust off the resume and start looking.

+1. If you're unhappy then change it. If you think that with the passage of time things will only get worse, then move quickly to change it. Just be sure that your next gig is a better place and not simply somewhere to go for a change of scenery. I wish you the best in your search.

What airline do you fly for?

Any pilot union worth their ass won't have trouble getting someone's job back, IF things progress to termination, especially if its a he said/she said type of situation.

I know of a guy at a certain regional airline that blatantly disregarded his FO calling "go-around" THREE TIMES (oh and I forgot, a windshear warning) and struck a wingtip on landing, yet was able to get his job back in arbitration, soooooo.....

I got the wonderful news from work that I'm being investigated about an event where a minimum wage employee fecked up but to get out of it blamed it on me. Well obviously I'm at fault. They have pretty much made up their mind I'm told by my union rep. I'm tired of this world of not appreciating and valuing a hard working employee. I think it's time to move on.

Given your profession and situation, you may want to reword the last two sentences. The structure does not make it immediately clear from what you would like to move on. The job, or the world?

Work is a relationship. Sometimes it's best to find a new someone before you waste time with the current one.

Given your profession and situation, you may want to reword the last two sentences. The structure does not make it immediately clear from what you would like to move on. The job, or the world?

I thought the same thing. I thought he was talking about checking out.

I feel it is. Just a good reason to dust off the old resume. I don't feel the company has a leg to stand on but if they are gonna take it this far, I'm not sure I wanna work here anymore.

Flyboy
What are you currently type rated for?

In my statistically valid sample size of about 20 union reps I would say most support those they want to and if they have not jumped in to help already that tells you everything you need to know about them.

Why get caught up in the mess as they will only drag you down to their level where they, likely, have far more experience operating. Stay above it and I would follow MTT's advice.

+1. If you're unhappy then change it. If you think that with the passage of time things will only get worse, then move quickly to change it. Just be sure that your next gig is a better place and not simply somewhere to go for a change of scenery. I wish you the best in your search.

Immediately file grievance with union and company and fight any wrongful termination. State your intention to file suit if they persist. They will be forced to go to their counsel who will tell them to back off and make it go away.

Whats the situation?

PM me if you want. Im a pilot for ExpressJet and involved in some union stuff and might be able to give you a little better advice. We have had guys where our local didnt seem to give two shits, but as soon as they got national involved, the situation turned for the better. Some of the local guys get to chummy with management and it shows.