• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ever ship a pet?

BECKS7

Sergeant
Minuteman
So I have been lookin for a new dog for a while, and I found this guy.

husky.jpg

husky1.jpg

husky2.jpg

husky3.jpg

He is FREE, but there is a catch, I would have to get him shipped to me, from pretty much the same distance as if we would be going from new york to seattle.

Here is my question, do you think getting a pet shipped would mess with his personalty?
I already think its really weird getting a dog online, having never meet him I cant really see what he is like.

This is what the guy told me about the dogs personalty,

"the pup is a very nice and good pup.He loves playing alot and have this out going personality of making new friends easily.He will make a wonderful home as he is not aggressive at all.He is very easy to go and he was brought up together with my kids,cats and family so has been around with people and other home pets.

He is very respectful to his master or mistress and i promise he will make a perfect home while with you"

I do want more of a ALPHA male dog, as there....well I'm sure you know what I mean.

What do you guys think?

Pass and wait for a local litter?

Re: Ever ship a pet?

I think you have to go through a FPL holder
smile.gif

Seriously though, a guy at work had a dog his wife picked out shipped and it doesn't seem to have any problems. Good looking pup btw.

I say go for it. Shipping pets is a common thing, but I'd consider flying there myself to pick him up. You can carry him on in a small pet porter and not worry about him being handled by the baggage monkeys.

i live in pa and i bought a bloodhound from missouri a few years ago. he was flown in to harrisburg international airport and the luggage handlers brought him in in his little crate. he was a perfectly normal dumb old hound, so i dont think it messes with them. he obediance trained just fine. hes no hunting dog, just a pet. i say go for it!

My parents fly dogs out to people all the time and never an issue. I think it is like $75 to send a dog air.

It looks like he has googlie eyes...like pointed in different directions. Am I imagining that?

I personally would go local if at all possible. Somewhere you can go and SEE where the dogs are bred and raised to make sure it's not some kind of slimey puppy factory or nasty and dirty. Also, any problems can be rectified easily since you are close enough to drive back.

Not to mention if you put a deposit down early enough, you can get pick of the litter. when it comes to the investment of a dog, I would really make sure it's the one you want. Idaho and Oregon aren't too far to drive if you don't find a breeder in WA.

Forgot to mention, a buddy of mine and his wife breed and ship Great Danes all over. He had a male, adult shipped from Russia and the dog was fine, other than the fact that it didn't understand English...

Freeze ----- Ship ----- Thaw.
That should work.

no issues with all the Sea Monkeys I have ordered over the years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like he has googlie eyes...like pointed in different directions. Am I imagining that?

</div></div>

I agree - his eyes don't look right. Maybe juvenile cataracts, maybe lateral rectus muscle problem but I would have the photo checked out by a vet - there are a few here on SH.

75bucks, thats a good deal, costs 10k to ship a horse from Europe to America.

I have had dogs mailed before, no big deal. Have known people that have shipped border collies from Scotland all they way to Utah, and the dog was just fine, I would do it and not think twice. Insured obviously

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: UKDslayer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks like he has googlie eyes...like pointed in different directions. Am I imagining that?

</div></div>

I agree - his eyes don't look right. Maybe juvenile cataracts, maybe lateral rectus muscle problem but I would have the photo checked out by a vet - there are a few here on SH. </div></div>I thought they look pretty fuckin' weird to, what the hell is that about, it looks like he is checkin' two different ass's going two different ways.

The say ".Spectacular pure breed AKC registered with all shots,vaccines and
vet records updated."

you can always have him checked by a vet at his location before he is shipped to you. Might save you money in the long run. He is cute as hell though even with the crazy eyes. I had a dog shipped in from New York to Georgia one time. They are too young to remember anything and they will bond to you quickly as a puppy anyways.