• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Everyday boots.

flyfisher117

Professional Milk Jug Hunter
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2010
Idaho
I used the search and im going to guess that 75% of the boots recommended were the "tactical" boots. (5.11 boots for example and boots that look similar) Anyways, I have no interest/need for boots of this type.

Im looking for a pair of boots for everyday, wear them to school, wear them to work, wear them to town, or anywhere else I may go. Would like them to be re-craftable. Budget as of right now is $250 might be willing to go $300 if its worth it.

My only requirements are a sole that is not overly aggressive (dont want a slick bottom cowboy boot but dont want a logger boot with lugs), I hate a boot that fills up with mud and weighs 10 pounds. Also a boot that is around 8" in height ( taller is fine, just dont like ankle boots)

Heres the boots im looking at right now:

Danner Quarry

I know i said no logger boots, but these have a fairly "calm" sole.

Also open to more of a hunting style boot as long as it can handle every day use.

Re: Everyday boots.

I highly recommend Wesco boots. I've worn their highliners for the past 12 years. Made in the USA. Rebuildable. Hand made. When they break in it's like putting on a pair of sox. They may be way out of your price range.

You're on the right track with Danner. I use wear the Elk Ridge for daily use and the Canadian for hunting. I also wear either Acadia's or Ft. Lewis on duty. They are the ony boots with laces that I'll spend my money on.
Patrick

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: the noobie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the search and im going to guess that 75% of the boots recommended were the "tactical" boots. (5.11 boots for example and boots that look similar) Anyways, I have no interest/need for boots of this type.

Im looking for a pair of boots for everyday, wear them to school, wear them to work, wear them to town, or anywhere else I may go. Would like them to be re-craftable. Budget as of right now is $250 might be willing to go $300 if its worth it.

My only requirements are a sole that is not overly aggressive (dont want a slick bottom cowboy boot but dont want a logger boot with lugs), I hate a boot that fills up with mud and weighs 10 pounds. Also a boot that is around 8" in height ( taller is fine, just dont like ankle boots)

Heres the boots im looking at right now:

Danner Quarry

I know i said no logger boots, but these have a fairly "calm" sole.

Also open to more of a hunting style boot as long as it can handle every day use.
</div></div>

Youve got the right brand, Red Wing, best in the world, but try the 914's. They are goretex lined, and comfortable as good gloves the day you put them on. Made in RedWing, Minn. I bought a pair this spring for around $250.00. Ive worn Red Wings for 40 years....wouldnt put anything else on my feet.

Wear Redwings every day at work they are great boots outside of work I like Arriats as well.

I'm wearing a pair of Justin J Max workboots right now, and they are incredibly comfy considering I'm on concrete for eight hours a day moving heavy stuff. These things are made right here in the U.S. of A., have an excellent suspension system, gel sole segments, are resole-able, and cost around $160, although I got a pair for $100 the other day. They're a lace-up roper style and they're very true-to-size. My boss has a pair that are over ten years old (he's on his third set of soles) and they still look good. The tread provides good traction without picking up every pebble and glob of mud.

FWIW, I'm a hefty boy with foot problems, so a pair of boots that are comfortable for me are virtually impossible to come by...these fit the bill.

FWIW, I've got a pair of Doc Martins that look brand new, and still feel great that are going on 10 years old. They work for almost any occasion too.

Im looking at redwings because growing up thats all my dad wore when he drove cement truck and they held up, hes still got a pair that is going on 20 years old (im guesstimating) and theyve only had to be re-soled a few times and some stiching needed to be fixed one day. My biggest issue with them is finding a store that sells the locally. I wont buy a pair of boots online unless i can atleast try them on at a store first and make sure they fit right.

I would love a pair of Whites but at $400+ I can only dream.
crazy.gif

I had Redwings for quite awhile, different styles, and even after a few years they still didn't feel comfortable to me. They still make a good boot though, no doubt about that.

Thats why I wont buy a boot online without trying it on first, just for the fact that a pair of boots will feel different for each person.

BUT i keep getting pulled back to the Danner Quarrys I linked above, havent tried them on because Cabelas never has my size in stock but just from picking the boot up and inspecting it looks decent.

Danner Acadias at work, and I have had a pair of Brown Danner Journeyman GTXs that have been great for everywhere else...

I have a pair of Danner Acadia as duty boots and Danner Elkridge for general hunting that I love. My two favorite boots for everyday all around use are a pair of Asolo hikers and Chippewa Wellingtons with vibram soles. If I had to limit myself to two pairs of shoes for everything it would be them.

+1 for Redwings. I have been wearing them for years. I am on my third pair, but working as a mechanic, oils/solvents/coolant are hard on boots.

Look at Whites Boots they are the only boots I have found that last me over a year (I am hell on foot-wear). The pair I am using now I had rebuilt five years ago and they are on there way out now. They make a few different lines I was told some are not rebuildable so I would check into that on the lower end boots before I bought a pair. They may be a little out of your price range for the Hawthorne Highline's but they are worth every penny.