• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Everyday Sniper Episode 231 - Regina Milkovich

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com

The Everyday Sniper Episode 231 - Regina Milkovich Interview

This has been a long time coming, but I am honored to have Regina Milkovich on the podcast today. She is the first lady of Precision Rifle Competition, and her insights are well worth the listen. Getting a top shooter's insight helps, and

Topics Include:
    • Where she began with precision rifle shooting
    • Training for Competition
    • Match Preparations
    • Mentoring new Shooters
    • Competition Mindset
    • Her take on fitting the rifle to the shooter
    • Fundamental Background at Rifles Only
    • Being left-handed
    I really appreciate her taking the time to come on and speak to me, this was a great interview.

Thanks for listening, thanks for sharing, and don't forget to comment.

You can find Regina on both Sniper's Hide as @LHGina, or Regina Milkovich

Cheers,

#snipershide #everdaysniperpodcast #precisionrifle

Did it sound okay her cell was a bit muddy,

I should have lowered my volume a bit more and then I could have boosted here better, if I tried to clean it up any further my voice would have been overpowering especially on small speakers

But both of use have shitty cell reception so I tried playing with her sound a bit.

It’s all good, I just want your words in best light possible.

I am wearing a headset when we talk, so you can pick up everything but converting it, sometimes it’s not the same.

I listened too it on the computer after it was fine but you deserve the best

I have to reduce the quality a tiny bit to upload it, as I can’t upload the original format. I use the highest quality format to record, but then it gets converted. if I initially lowered me at least 6db I can boost you 3db which can balance it.

as long as people can hear it, we’re good

Since we're on the topic of left handed shooters, of which I am one, lets talk about lefties shooting right handed rifles; specifically prone. I tend to find I don't shoot a right handed bolt rifle as well and my left handed AI prone. Granted, it's an AI, but it's got me thinking about rear bag support. Every time I run the bolt, I have to let go of the bag, run the bolt and rear adjust the bag. Other than being annoying, does that affect consistency?

Along that line, any negatives for LH shooters on RH guns? I see some people say lefties shoot RH rifles better, but I notice a conspicuous absence of RH shooters on LH guns.

Edit: ha! Got a head of myself and posted this before I listened to all of the podcast.

Last edited:
    Reactions: LH_Gina
    Did I miss if @LH_Gina went into the "inner ear" scope leveling topic? That was a great thread, and I can't remember if it was brought up.

@seansmd we didn't talk about that, but after a few appts and consultations with PCP's, eye doctors, and ENT's, I still don't know what the reason is. LOL. My PCP said inner ear fluid, then ENT said he saw no issues with my ears. Something is going on but until I figure out a way to resolve it, I'll be using bubble levels.

Lol.......I’m the opposite, I’m naturally a lefty and Dad forced me to shoot right......35 years later I figure it’s too late to switch. ;)

I'm a lefty at everything, but right eye dominate, got lucky!

Always love hearing Gina on podcasts. great episode, frank.

LOL. I am kinda chill, but I also get ridiculously nervous on podcasts. No idea why. I had a couple of lowlight stories I wanted to tell and totally forgot about them. Next time I'll have to remember to write down notes!
    Tell them here! You can’t hold out on Frank stories.

LOL. I am kinda chill, but I also get ridiculously nervous on podcasts. No idea why. I had a couple of lowlight stories I wanted to tell and totally forgot about them. Next time I'll have to remember to write down notes!
    First podcast my wife listened to. She came home this morning from a 24hr shift at the hospital and told me how she was checking out a bunch of your videos from Twitter or Instagram. Thanks for adding to the support and confidence foundation that some women shooters sometimes fail to get.

Last edited:
    Went looking for this episode on my iPhone Podcast app, and it's not listed(?). Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks!

Hmmm...maybe I'm just being iPhone stupid this morning...