• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s Everyone freaking over TicToc being banned🤣

You’re advocating for a Chinese government program to be allowed to operate here. Because you have a fear of the US government extending its control , you’re willing to allow the Chinese to fuck us.
This. Yes, our government, our President, our social media, giant faceless Corporations all suck and are very bad, but the Chinese Communist Party wants global hegemony. They have turned China into a dystopian police state right out of science fiction and they would love to do that to America. Quite likely one day we'll be at war with the CCP. Hope we win.

You’re advocating for a Chinese government program to be allowed to operate here. Because you have a fear of the US government extending its control , you’re willing to allow the Chinese to fuck us.

I actually understand and care about freedom.

I'd rather the Chinese possibly be able to spy on those who willingly install and use a silly program than let our evil, corrupt, insane, vile, megalomaniac government have more power and more control over our lives.

The "good people" are always the same stupid type they willingly and gleefully demand to be allowed to forge chains to bind others that they don't like, only to act all surprised and shocked when those chains are instead used on themselves.

The USA goverment is spying on us (and the whole world) to the hilt. So what if the Chinese might possibly be in on the action.
Don't like it, make a choice, don't use Tik Tok or install it.
Just the same as I refuse to use FB or have any of their apps installed.

The government and politicians are NEVER going to do what is in you or the public's best interest.
The moment you see the words "bipartisan" then you pretty much know the politicians are lining up to "service" you like a bull "services" the cows.

This is ALL about power and control for the executive branch and doing away with checks and balances.

Our congress critters are for the large part pretty much either stupid or are agents of Israel or other non American interests, with perhaps a few exceptions allowed to exist.

Israel got tired of people calling out their genocide and displacement of the arab population and told their lackeys in our government to get to work.

But hey if you want to live in a country where Xiden can fully control everything and everyway you can communicate, sure have fun and don't come crying to us when Xiden shuts down all the stuff you rely on for freedom.

TikTok is not fostering independent thought.
No, its having kids do stupid shit.

We had a kid do the Benadryl challenge.....well he ended up taking over 1k milligrams of it and ended up having a stroke, seizures, BP bottomed out......you know all the good stuff......he never made it out. He was 11yrs old.......

Doc

I'd rather the Chinese possibly be able to spy on those who willingly install and use a silly program than let our evil, corrupt, insane, vile, megalomaniac government have more power and more control over our lives.

The "good people" are always the same stupid type they willingly and gleefully demand to be allowed to forge chains to bind others that they don't like, only to act all surprised and shocked when those chains are instead used on themselves.

The USA goverment is spying on us (and the whole world) to the hilt. So what if the Chinese might possibly be in on the action.

The government and politicians are NEVER going to do what is in you or the public's best interest.
The moment you see the words "bipartisan" then you pretty much know the politicians are lining up to "service" you like a bull "services" the cows.

This is ALL about power and control for the executive branch and doing away with checks and balances.

Our congress critters are for the large part pretty much either stupid or are agents of Israel or other non American interests, with perhaps a few exceptions allowed to exist.

Israel got tired of people calling out their genocide and displacement of the arab population and told their lackeys in our government to get to work.

But hey if you want to live in a country where Xiden can fully control everything and everyway you can communicate, sure have fun and don't come crying to us when Xiden shuts down all the stuff you rely on for freedom.
I am baffled by the cheerleading for this type of stuff. They are either really dumb, or just plain dim.

I would argue that what these people see as, "China seeking hegemony," is more a symptom of the fact that these mega-corps/conglomerates, colluding and collaborating with our government, to foster, facilitate, and practically gifting China with technology, manufacturing base and displacing the economic strength of the U.S...of course China would take the offer...but the real problem is the power brokers that gave it to them, not China itself.

It’s not only about people who willingly install this app on their phones. It’s also about people who come into contact with these morons.

I totally understand where you’re coming from. But this is one of those situations where stupid people need to be protected from themselves.

It’s not only about people who willingly install this app on their phones. It’s also about people who come into contact with these morons.

I totally understand where you’re coming from. But this is one of those situations where stupid people need to be protected from themselves.

If you actually have any information worth protecting (and let's be perfectly honest, most folks don't)
You probably would be intelligent enough not to be sending said information on a non secure device or to someone who is using a non secure device.

I could fully understand the government telling people working for the government not to install an app that contains possible spyware (or like the entirety of iOS and Android OSes as they come from the factory). That's fine, that's what work phones are for. And they should only be using those phones to communicate with other work phones.

The rest of the sheeple, leading their sheeple lives, so be it. Most of what you are talking about is of zero actual interest to anyone that matters, most of it is barely of any interest to folks trying to sell you advertisements.

If you are supposedly being harmed in some way by the person you are talking to having Tik Tok on their phone, then you need to sit back and ask yourself what on earth are you actually doing?

If you are concerned that stuff you send is going to somehow get to the Chinese because of an app, why are you sending information to a person on a phone that is probably loaded with other apps?

Again this is pretty hilarious to me because, well I like many others understand the depth of spying and bulk data collection our own government is doing all the time and honestly the Chinese are the least of my worries and for most folks that is probably also true.
Our own government is way more likely to use things they get off your phone and communications to try to ruin your life.

Reactions: ChezJfrey
I copied my response from Porta John:

"Notice it also specifically designates apps. Think ballistic apps, crypto payment apps (so you have to use CBDCs), Bible or other religious apps (hate speech), etc. The power would rest solely with the Executive branch. How any citizen thinks this centralization of power and negation of the First Amendment is a good idea is beyond me."

Read that again slowly: the EXECUTIVE BRANCH will decide what apps you can have, there is no provision for review or reversal of the Executive Branch decision. It is a full violation of the First Amendment. What makes anyone think that this is really about Tik Tok? If it was there wouldn't be this language in there. On the contrary it would have mentioned Tik Tok solely, but it doesn't; rather it flings the door open to censorship of websites (like this one), apps and other avenues of information that are deemed unsatisfactory. This is 1984 level stuff.

Here is Rand Paul's comments:

If it was just about banning Tik Tok, I might be for it, but this reaches FAR beyond that. Very very far.
I agree with you. This is another version of "The Patriot Act"

Saw a survey of young people some years back and shockingly large percentage said they got their news from Jon Stewart.

So maybe this is an improvement.

Always remember every bill that congress passes is a scam for more power and control or a way to make themselves and their donors more wealthy. Nothing they do is for the good of America or the average working class tax payer!

Reactions: W54/XM-388