• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Everyone wishing to kill "yotes"

Bigbrotheretter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2010
Washington,
Check out this site! I made my own El-cheapo. It works hella good, it worked better than my uncles expensive store bought call! Read his site. If your starting out and dont have the money for a Foxpro check out his El-cheapo. I got mine ready but havnt tried it yet. Me and my dad are going out Saturday for an official test! Just thought i would share this site. Its been a great source!
http://varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

Re: Everyone wishing to kill "yotes"

Varmintal is full of good information I love that site.

I've seen that page before and tried it out with a tiny MP3 player, but didn't use the amplifier. Might try out the spinning weasel thing tho...

I didn't read it all but back when I made my own with a Nady wireless microphone, I got other sounds from findsounds.com and used Goldwave software to change length and modify the sounds. It was fun and it made original sounds which may help in areas where there is a lot of calling.
Al has a lot of info, good info.

That amplifier makes a huge difference in the volume that you can put out. It also saves the battery on your mp3. I have all the sounds on my zune. I also am going to try the spinning weasel. Im going to need it this summer.
4285974301_fb24761061_o.jpg

Here is my painted horn of the el-cheapo.

Anyone try the el cheapo caller? Im seriously debating trying that out with my ipod. If it works, its hell of a lot cheaper than a foxpro, if not, im only out 100 bucks or so.

Idahoshooter- TRY it. Its cheap and works. I am testing mine out this weekend. I will give updates on how it worked.

Will do. Going to radio shack today. Were going to try and rig up a speaker for my roommates foxpro as well.

thanks for the link. Im gonna try to rig it up for an ipod. i carry with me anyway for the bulletflight app.

Here is my set up. The excact one on varmint al. Here is the jackrabbit distress from varmintal's site on my zune.
4290017590_8403975bcf.jpg

4289274931_0a0061238a.jpg

Forest 12, your the man. Pretty kickass caller for 50 bucks. Now Im glad I didnt pull the trigger on a foxpro, plus it puts my ipod to good use
smile.gif

Yeah its cool, need to go paint it. Although I have the dough I couldnt stomach paying 400 dollars for a glorified stereo to call coyotes with, this fit the bill much better.

Well let me know when you guys test the el-cheapo! I have asking my dad to take me out but he wont... He says he has stupid plans and then my mom says we cant go because she has plans with her friends. This is fucking stupid. I have been asking for a month and a half to go yote hunting every weekend... But still havnt gone... But anyways good luck hunting! I would love some updates on the yotes. It always fires me up seeing other people get some

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forest12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my set up. The excact one on varmint al. Here is the jackrabbit distress from varmintal's site on my zune.

</div></div>

Could you turn it up please? I can't hear it.

Hahaha. And to "dustyjacket". I got another whole year and half till i can legally drive. But hopefully moving to my grandparents farm in minnesota. Where i can hunt everyday for coyotes/squirells/rabbits/chipmunks/coons/.
New news. Just got everything set up. Going yote hunting tomorrow!! My dad is finally going to take me after months of begging. Will have updates tomorrow on the caller!

Update from hunting!
Well this morning i went hunting with my dad and brother. It was just a little test. Since my brother cant sit for more than 2 minutes. Had a mal-function with my zune. I hate my old zune. But anyways didint call anything in... But when we were crossing some cattails/frozen water we were being super carefull to not fall in. my brother decided to yell coyote when he saw one up on the cliff. It then proceeded to run away...
But when we got home, i fixed the zune, and its ready to rock this weekend.
here is another link for making the call.
This is a cd player version.
http://www.predatormastersforums.com/homemadeecaller.shtml
but i would stick with varmintal.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forest12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my set up. The excact one on varmint al. Here is the jackrabbit distress from varmintal's site on my zune.

</div></div>

Wow, crazy setup... kids these days
wink.gif