• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Everything is your fault...

96C

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Aug 9, 2007
    Aust
    We've all had bad days in the hills.... It's a pretty lonely feeling when things aren't working out.

Re: Everything is your fault...

looks like you may have to get rid of it my address is....

grin.gif

The way I see it now you have 2 new holes to mount a smaller target above the other one.

Target stands get hit. It's the nature of the game. Consider them and the target disposable.

This is why I've spent a bunch of time trying to figure out the cheapest and easiest method of constructing a stand. In the end, I found a design from a more experienced shooter, that beats anything I could come up with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In the end, I found a design from a more experienced shooter, that beats anything I could come up with.</div></div>

Picture?

4- 2x4" legs made from 2- 8' boards. (Or 5' boards made from 10' boards) Find a pipe 3/4" diameter 3-4ft long. Galvanized or iron pipe. 1" Hole saw (1 1/4" works fine too). Cut holes 1-2" from end of board.

Cross boards over on pipe and cant legs out with target hanging as in this photo. The canting of the legs is important since it creates an interference between the 2 legs and the pipe that gets tighter with more downward force. (A buddy of mine tried to make the same thing but used too thick of a pipe and we cannot cant the legs outward, so the target stand eventually falls down.)

Target weight is 50lbs and I've put all my weight on the pipe to see if it would shift. At first glance the idea doesn't seem like it would work, but it works fantastically. Also allows for adjusting each side's height and each leg's height for uneven ground. It would be worth cutting a hole in both ends of the legs, in case one side gets damaged. Treated wood would probably also be best since they are out in the environment.

I like to hang my targets using Polypropylene rope. 3 strand twisted 3/8" diameter. Use grade 8 hardware. Washer on front side and on rear. Tie the ends of the rope up and open up the strand and feed the bolt through. Sandwich rope between target and washer. Use locktight instead of lock washers. Chains work, but can get shot and add weight. Conveyor belt or fire hose would probably be perfect, but I've never procured either.

I've had one stand for 3 days with a full 100% IPSC 45% IPSC and a 6" round steel on it. 600yds and it got shot a bunch. With the 6" steel spinning all the way around the pipe when it got hit. The iron pipe I was using is around 6' long too. So it was bowing in the middle. It only came down because I took it down. Who knows how long it could have stayed like that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/5rdGroup940yds.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Salmonaxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4- 2x4" legs made from 2- 8' boards. (Or 5' boards made from 10' boards) Find a pipe 3/4" diameter 3-4ft long. Galvanized or iron pipe. 1" Hole saw (1 1/4" works fine too). Cut holes 1-2" from end of board.

Cross boards over on pipe and cant legs out with target hanging as in this photo. The canting of the legs is important since it creates an interference between the 2 legs and the pipe that gets tighter with more downward force. (A buddy of mine tried to make the same thing but used too thick of a pipe and we cannot cant the legs outward, so the target stand eventually falls down.)

Target weight is 50lbs and I've put all my weight on the pipe to see if it would shift. At first glance the idea doesn't seem like it would work, but it works fantastically. Also allows for adjusting each side's height and each leg's height for uneven ground. It would be worth cutting a hole in both ends of the legs, in case one side gets damaged. Treated wood would probably also be best since they are out in the environment.

I like to hang my targets using Polypropylene rope. 3 strand twisted 3/8" diameter. Use grade 8 hardware. Washer on front side and on rear. Tie the ends of the rope up and open up the strand and feed the bolt through. Sandwich rope between target and washer. Use locktight instead of lock washers. Chains work, but can get shot and add weight. Conveyor belt or fire hose would probably be perfect, but I've never procured either.

I've had one stand for 3 days with a full 100% IPSC 45% IPSC and a 6" round steel on it. 600yds and it got shot a bunch. With the 6" steel spinning all the way around the pipe when it got hit. The iron pipe I was using is around 6' long too. So it was bowing in the middle. It only came down because I took it down. Who knows how long it could have stayed like that.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v328/salmonaxe/5rdGroup940yds.jpg </div></div>

that is a very simple and inexpensive design but takes two guys to put together, at least. Otherwise an giant pain in the arse
    thanx for sharing.

It's probably the action's fault... Maybe you should get a Defiance or a Surgeon or a Templar or...
    grin.gif