• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Evolution of my daily carry components

long-shot

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2003
Missouri
I've been carrying for years, and it seems the more I shoot/train the more I realize what works for me. What are your thoughts? This isn't a gun specific discussion as that is way too personal. I'd like to hear what you carry and why to adapt to daily situations.

DSCN1520.jpg

Re: Evolution of my daily carry components

Are you talking about a LEO or just a regular guy? That looks like a bit much to be comfortable for every single day. At least for me. Dont get me wrong, its better to have it all when you need it, so good for those that carry it all.

Not LEO. Just a regular guy. It's more than I'd like to carry, but what I think is prudent. Everything you see is pretty small. My build precludes me from carrying too much (6'1" and 140 lbs). The more I trained with a gun the more I realized just how limited they are. That's when I started to branch out to knives/lights and the most powerful tool on my bat belt the phone.

I've been carrying since it was legal to do so in Missouri. I bought a Kimber Pro Tac 4" bbl 1911A1 back in September of 2003 and have carried it since I've gotten my CCW license in June of 2004.

I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II with a Milt Sparks belt. An extra mag goes in my pocket and I'm done. I've found that keeping it simple and comfortable is key. Too much stuff (knife, flashlight, etc) and too much weight and you start being inconsistent about it. My setup hides well, rides well, and is comfortable enough that I have it on me all the time.

I took this picture of my setup back in 2003 and I haven't changed anything major since then.
Holster-hidden-and-shown.jpg

Shawn

I am looking to "evolve" a bit myself. Here is what I normally carry, but I am curently looking for a custom holster belt mag combo, all leather to carry my new Pro Super Carry. I am currently using an effective yet embarassingly mismatched set of kit to carry it now. Add to this a Sprint EVO and a Surefire backup at night.

nlvalf.jpg

I'm constantly shopping holsters, that's about it. Anything that's more comfortable than what I'm already using wins! I hate carrying a gun. It's not comfortable, it's not convenient, and you damn near never need it. I've carried daily for 8 years, I'd estimate over 2500 days with a gun, and needed it twice. That's a horribly small percentage but it's not 0... so the discomfort continues lol

S&W 340 M&P in a Galco Ankle Glove, Bianchi Speed Strip w/5 rounds, Emerson CQC7, Fenix P1DCE and a tube of chapstick. When I'm working I frequently carry a Kahr PM9 in a FIST thin kydex IWB as well.

I carry a Springfield EMP.

I've tried everything, but if it's not single stack and single action, it's just not for me.

The HK P7 would be bad ass, if the slide speed wasn't just violent. So maybe add locked breech to my list.

Plastic would be fine with me. Aluminum works, though.

XD45 4" Compact in a Comp-Tech Slide holster.

Surefire 6P with 120 lumen and I think this is my best weapon that I always carry. Non lethal non threatening that I can carry even where weapons cannot. Used it the other day in a training session with a guy as he thought it was stupid. He was shocked at how he lost his bearings and I was no longer in front of him as he kept coming...I was off to the side and moving away.

Fixed blade knife, do want to have to open a knife in a struggle, one less step, I may forget, blade may not open fully and locked. I carry TDK, it is a grab and punch.

No spare mag anymore, to me, no reason for it, just extra weight and junk on the belt.

I currently carry a Kimber Pro Carry II in a Tucker Gunleather Texas Heritage tuckable holster. very comfortable. spare mag/mags go in a Tucker Mag pouch either a double or a single. both are incredibly comfortable. no problems with comfort or printing either tucked or untucked.

Your set up is not much different than what I like to carry...
I went with a smaller light for everyday carry...
It is a Streamlight Microstream
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?r...ed=0CCsQ8wIwAg#
It is a small 1 cell AAA bat. I like this due to the fact that I carry it at work as well & it does not weigh much at all.
My EDC knife is a Gerber assisted opener. This is also my work knife. The stuff I cut @ work will eat an edge up quick. I would like to upgrade to an Emerson Commander in this area, just not ready to drop the coin.
As far as my firearm goes...Glock 19 with a G17 spare mag. Like you said, pretty personal on this choice.
The phone, stays on 24hrs a day. My wife hates it but thats the nature of it. Blackberry Bold but will be switching to an Android system phone when contract is up.

My edc is a g17 or 23 depending on the day with Kaluban Cloak or Comp tac holster. 2 spare mags in a Comp tac pouch a SF E2 and Strider but soon to add p'kal instead. I am fairly big so I can carry a fair amount without it being cumbersome.

This has been interesting. It seems there are two schools of thought present. The first is carrying a gun by itself and the other is carrying additional auxiliary "stuff" just in case.

I believe in a spare mag in case my primary mag goes down or if I run out of rounds which I consider much less likely.

The knife is an interesting tool. I've chosen a Spyderco P'kal because it conceals easily, deploys quickly, and is effective for very close engagements or if my gun hand becomes disabled.

I carry a light to distinguish threats when I can't see them. I carry a small Streamlight PT1AA. It's small and throws enough light to be useful.

I have no interest in debating carry guns, but I carry a Kahr T9 for several reasons but not the least of which is its slim design that is easy to conceal.

What are your thoughts?

Based on my experiences, it's realistic for me to carry a firearm for self defense off duty. 8 years seems like a pretty good test period to me and the fact that I needed my weapon twice (did not fire) means I'll continue to carry.

Out of those of you who carry auxiliary gear, how many times have you used them?

It seems realistic to me that any one of us will need a handgun for self defense to either scare off an under armed aggressor or multiple aggressors and, while less likely but still 100% realistic, engage an aggressor/attacker. But what is the likely hood of needing multiple magazines and a blade as back up?

I'm not really looking for war stories here, just statistics. Mine, like I said, are 2 out of ~2500 days.

I know the sayings "better over prepared than under prepared" and all that, but why not carry 2 spare magazines instead of one? Why not add first aid kit, and tourniquet? Seems likely that if there are dozens and dozens of bullets flying, someones going to need aid. Why not a center fire rifle or scatter gun behind the seat of your truck and a weeks worth of MREs and drinking water?

I'm not trying to call anyone out or offend anyone on their choice of gear, just curious why you guys draw the overkill line where you do. Is it based on real life experience, the experience of others, or completely theoretical situations?

My EDC:

I carry the xD in a CompTac MTAC which I believe is one of the finest IWB holsters on the market. Well worth the money.

BTW long-shot, my curiosity is based on your post. Thanks for the reasoning behind your choices.

The_end,

Excellent posts. I agree entirely. The odd thing is that of all the stuff I carry I use my knife every other day, the flashlight weekly, and the phone hourly. That leaves the gun which I actually had to draw once in 10 years of carrying and a spare mag which has never been used in a real world situation as the odd men out.

I have to explain that I'm in an engineering field and I tend to be more pessimistic than optimistic. I also try to train at least twice a month to maintain a comfort level with my equipment.

I have started to wonder just how often I would even need a gun if I were more confident in my ability with a knife. I make no self delusion that I'm a great gun fighter, but I know I'm better with a rifle than a pistol, and I know I'm better with a pistol than a knife.

I've also reached the age where I've looked over enough contracts and legal descriptions to know that guns are a hot topic for almost anyone.

I like options as long as they don't complicate my ability to use the right tool for the right application.

I'd really like this to continue as I find the information to be critical. Thank you all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long-shot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been carrying for years, and it seems the more I shoot/train the more I realize what works for me. What are your thoughts? This isn't a gun specific discussion as that is way too personal. I'd like to hear what you carry and why to adapt to daily situations.

DSCN1520.jpg

</div></div>

You don't carry a wallet?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Out of those of you who carry auxiliary gear, how many times have you used them?

I know the sayings "better over prepared than under prepared" and all that, but why not carry 2 spare magazines instead of one? Why not add first aid kit, and tourniquet? Seems likely that if there are dozens and dozens of bullets flying, someones going to need aid. Why not a center fire rifle or scatter gun behind the seat of your truck and a weeks worth of MREs and drinking water?
</div></div>

I use my auxiliary gear alot. My Surefire flashlight is my most used item. I use it daily almost. So it is just handy to keep in the pocket because I know I will use it. I have never used it in any face to face encounters but I am sure it would be extremely beneficial in that situation. A blade is always handy to have around as well.

I am more of the over prepared type. I carry 2 spare mags for my Glock. I also have a basic first aid kit in my truck as well as a basic 72 hr kit. Water, a little food, candle, roadside flares etc. Never know when the weather may strand you. I also do keep a carbine in my vehicle as well. But I live in a rural area and that is just as much for coyotes as anything else.

For the over prepared types, what do you carry in your vehicles?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm constantly shopping holsters, that's about it. Anything that's more comfortable than what I'm already using wins! I hate carrying a gun. It's not comfortable, it's not convenient, and you damn near never need it. I've carried daily for 8 years, I'd estimate over 2500 days with a gun, and needed it twice. That's a horribly small percentage but it's not 0... so the discomfort continues lol </div></div>

Well Said!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: The_end</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Out of those of you who carry auxiliary gear, how many times have you used them?

</div></div>

I have drawn my pistol 4 times and never had to fire in 10 years. I use my knife all of the time, daily and my flashlight maybe 2-3 times a week. All said, I carry what I carry based on need, but for some reason, I never seem to have a pen when I need one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All said, I carry what I carry based on need, but for some reason, I never seem to have a pen when I need one. </div></div>

Lol So true.

And to the OP, I've always loved those Kahr T9s. I think its the grip.

I'll try to post a pic later, but my edc is as follows

Wallet (I.d., credit card, licenses and permits, money, etc.)
-for obvious reasons

Victorinox Swiss Card (in wallet)
-carried for its use as it contains A PEN, and the nail file is handy if I catch a nail on something, tweezers for splinters, and the knife blade is never use, so it's ALWAYS sharp.

Cell Phone
-Blackberry Bold. It works, limited net ability but handy. Used nearly hourly. Actually typing this post with it.

2 Spyderco Tenacious folders
-I carry 2 for a few reasons. First, it seems like I always tend to hold items to be cut in the same hand as the carry side for a single knife. Second, I was taught to by Massad Ayoob. Third, if I bend a pocket clip on one (happens occasionally) then I have a spare. I make sure one has a serrated blade for cutting rope or webbing or whatever I need. These things get used all the time for various chores.

Surefire E2D LED
-This is my favorite light bar none. It gets used a lot since half my life is lived in hours of darkness. I once got rid of an individual, who was trying to force his way into my truck, by flashing him in the eyes with a 6p. I've also sworn I'd never be caught without a flashlight again after one time, while working a warehouse job, getting caught without in the back of the warehouse when the power went out. Talk about dark. also handy to search for small dropped items or for seeing around cars in the events of problems with said vehicle.

KelTec P32
-I normally prefer something of a more major caliber, but due to my job, discretion is of utmost importance. So the dimunitive little KelTec .32 goes with me and it goes nearly everwhere. Not exactly the flaming sword of death, but it works.

Spare Mag
-the definition of optimism (this goes for reloads for J-frames as well)

Pocket Holster
-a crappy uncle mike's unit (I'd capitalize but they don't deserve it after putting their name on this POS). It came with the gun and its very slightly better than nothing for pocket carry.

Keys
-Duh and daily.

I wish I could carry my 1911 daily. But it just isn't feasible. I'm exploring the option of a Kimber Ultra presently.
The only thing I'd change, would be to add an LED light on my Keychain and change to fixed blade knives. I'm also considering a small pack so I have a place for a first aid kit(band aids and ibuprofen for headaches), change of clothes (sucks when something happens to what you're wearing), and a toiletry kit since it seems I end up at friends houses occasionally (bachelor life and all)

I'm presently piecing together a car kit and am waffling between stowing an AR pistol or Carbine with it. So far though, I have flares and a blanket. Trying to decide between chains or tire socks, food, and the rest of the 72hr kit type stuff. The importance of this was really driven home for me a few weeks ago when my uncle ended up stranded in the snow on Interstate 5 in South Seattle on his drive home. He was there for over 12 hours. The car stalled and no one could get to him and it wasn't safe to leave the vehicle. Many people had problems that night. It wasn't a well predicted storm, it came in as many people were mid-commute (so they had no way to know they should just stay at work), and the gov't response was dismal at the very best.

I carry the same basic layout as the OP. A flashlight is absolutely necessary for target ID. I keep all my stuff in my pants for the next days wear except for my pistol which is right beside me at night. If you just carry a gun and no means to get positive ID on a threat, you might be asking for a long legal battle should you ever have to use it. So far I've had three instances here in the good old USA that I've had to use a gun for a deterant. Thankfully I've not to shoot anyone here yet. Two times I was a home and held some teens that were looking to break into my house till the cops picked them up, the other was for a would be car jacker in Atlanta, who was also held till the cops came and picked him up. If I hadn't have had my flashlight I wouldn't have seen the guy standing next to my truck had a knife out, but I thought he looked suspicious and hit him with the light seen the knife and cleared leather and told him not to move. What made me more nervous was when the cops got there and drew down on me then cuffed me and him even though I was still on the phone with the Operater. They questioned us both at the scene and then talked to the operator before taking the cuffs off of me. That was the first tine I had dealt with city cops on a call out like that.

For carrying a 1911 look at the CrossBreed Supertuck deluxe. If you get a belt with the Velcro and use the Velcro clips it's as invisible as a much smaller gun in a shittier holster. Plus they are unbelievably comfortable. I also carry two spare mags for my Kimber Compact CDPII
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nw1911guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fast eddie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All said, I carry what I carry based on need, but for some reason, I never seem to have a pen when I need one. </div></div>

Lol So true.

And to the OP, I've always loved those Kahr T9s. I think its the grip.

I'll try to post a pic later, but my edc is as follows

Wallet (I.d., credit card, licenses and permits, money, etc.)
-for obvious reasons

Victorinox Swiss Card (in wallet)
-carried for its use as it contains A PEN, and the nail file is handy if I catch a nail on something, tweezers for splinters, and the knife blade is never use, so it's ALWAYS sharp.

Cell Phone
-Blackberry Bold. It works, limited net ability but handy. Used nearly hourly. Actually typing this post with it.

2 Spyderco Tenacious folders
-I carry 2 for a few reasons. First, it seems like I always tend to hold items to be cut in the same hand as the carry side for a single knife. Second, I was taught to by Massad Ayoob. Third, if I bend a pocket clip on one (happens occasionally) then I have a spare. I make sure one has a serrated blade for cutting rope or webbing or whatever I need. These things get used all the time for various chores.

Surefire E2D LED
-This is my favorite light bar none. It gets used a lot since half my life is lived in hours of darkness. I once got rid of an individual, who was trying to force his way into my truck, by flashing him in the eyes with a 6p. I've also sworn I'd never be caught without a flashlight again after one time, while working a warehouse job, getting caught without in the back of the warehouse when the power went out. Talk about dark. also handy to search for small dropped items or for seeing around cars in the events of problems with said vehicle.

KelTec P32
-I normally prefer something of a more major caliber, but due to my job, discretion is of utmost importance. So the dimunitive little KelTec .32 goes with me and it goes nearly everwhere. Not exactly the flaming sword of death, but it works.

Spare Mag
-the definition of optimism (this goes for reloads for J-frames as well)

Pocket Holster
-a crappy uncle mike's unit (I'd capitalize but they don't deserve it after putting their name on this POS). It came with the gun and its very slightly better than nothing for pocket carry.

Keys
-Duh and daily.

I wish I could carry my 1911 daily. But it just isn't feasible. I'm exploring the option of a Kimber Ultra presently.
The only thing I'd change, would be to add an LED light on my Keychain and change to fixed blade knives. I'm also considering a small pack so I have a place for a first aid kit(band aids and ibuprofen for headaches), change of clothes (sucks when something happens to what you're wearing), and a toiletry kit since it seems I end up at friends houses occasionally (bachelor life and all)

I'm presently piecing together a car kit and am waffling between stowing an AR pistol or Carbine with it. So far though, I have flares and a blanket. Trying to decide between chains or tire socks, food, and the rest of the 72hr kit type stuff. The importance of this was really driven home for me a few weeks ago when my uncle ended up stranded in the snow on Interstate 5 in South Seattle on his drive home. He was there for over 12 hours. The car stalled and no one could get to him and it wasn't safe to leave the vehicle. Many people had problems that night. It wasn't a well predicted storm, it came in as many people were mid-commute (so they had no way to know they should just stay at work), and the gov't response was dismal at the very best.
</div></div>

no ninja stars?

Glock 36 IWB sparks holster, or Colt mustang in pocket, wallet, cell, and keys.

I feel this is too much shit most of the time. After being held up last year with the wife, i make it a point to carry every day now though.

My preferred carry method is either a Glock 26 or 19 on my right, a Glock 19 or 17 magazine on my left, a Streamlight PT2L next to my wallet on my left side, and a folding knife in both front pockets.

Whether I choose the Glock 19 or 26 depends on my circumstances; what I am wearing, what I plan on doing,the pistols' serviceability, etc. (Lately I have been carrying the 26 because the 19 failed to eject during the last four range outings, and it took a while to diagnose the problem and prove it was once again trust worthy for carry). The important thing to me is that whatever pistol I carry, the "manual of arms" is the same and the draw location is consistent.

I carry a spare magazine for the same reason long-shot does; it is there to keep the gun running if the primary mag goes down (whether it is from a parts breakage, an obstruction, a malfunction or it just goes empty - the reason isn't as important as the solution). I think it is worth noting that I have actually had enough magazine related failures during practice to warrant carrying a spare magazine as part of my daily carry attire. I prefer a longer magazine for a spare because they are much easier to extract from a mag holder and seat in the pistol than standard length magazines, at least in my experience. The extra capacity isn't really important to me, but I don't view it as a detriment either.

I chose the PT2L as my carry light for a few reasons. It puts out an amazing amount of light for its size (180 lumens), it has a tight spot with good enough throw to easily search the immediate area, and it is dazzling to the eyes in close proximity. I also like that the PT2L is small enough to carry in my back pocket, but long enough to use as an impact device. I carry the light on my left side because one of its primary purposes is target ID and I want my right hand free to access my pistol should I deem it necessary. I prefer to carry in my back pocket as opposed to my belt, because under the stress of intense practice I have actually tried to load my light into my pistol during a speed reload.

I like to carry a folding knife in either front pocket because at the very least, I try to make it a point to have immediate access to some sort of weapon on either side of my body. Either hand can easily get tied up in a "fouled up tangle", and I want the the other side to have a better option than my bare hand. I also agree with long-shot that a knife can often be the better tool for the job, depending on the circumstances. Just like with my pistols, I want my knives to have a consistent method of operation and deployment (in this case a Spyderco Waved Endura on one side and a Cold Steel Spartan on the other).

These are my daily essentials. Sometimes depending on use I will substitute a Ruger LCP .380 in a back pocket holster. The Copenhagen is essential in every situation
grin.gif

DSC00031Copy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are my daily essentials. Sometimes depending on use I will substitute a Ruger LCP .380 in a back pocket holster. The Copenhagen is essential in every situation
grin.gif

DSC00031Copy.jpg
</div></div>

What the heck is the think immediately to the left of the Micro Compact? Looks like it has a glass breaker.

I am a big guy..but here is what i carry.
cell phone
m&p 9C 115 gr hp w/ 12 rd mag -- don hune first agent holster
2 more 12 rd mags -- fobus double mag
a blackhawk cqd
and skoal
blackhawk xhr7 flash light

I carry every day and don't seem to notice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been carrying since it was legal to do so in Missouri. I bought a Kimber Pro Tac 4" bbl 1911A1 back in September of 2003 and have carried it since I've gotten my CCW license in June of 2004.

I use a Milt Sparks Versa Max II with a Milt Sparks belt. An extra mag goes in my pocket and I'm done. I've found that keeping it simple and comfortable is key. Too much stuff (knife, flashlight, etc) and too much weight and you start being inconsistent about it. My setup hides well, rides well, and is comfortable enough that I have it on me all the time.

I took this picture of my setup back in 2003 and I haven't changed anything major since then.
Holster-hidden-and-shown.jpg

Shawn </div></div>

Well first off chief you'll be alot more comfortable carrying that .45 at the 4 o'clock position rather than right on your hip bone, ouch!!

I carry my G19, an extra 15rd mag in one of my front pockets, wallet, and a folding knife. I'm going to add a small flash light once I get around to it. I'll switch out the G19 for a G26 once summer gets here and the temperature rises.

I carry a:
1) handgun with hot loads and a laser that weighs 11 ounces loaded.
2) digital camera with video
3) cell phone with camera
4) folder knife.
5) folder knife.
6) money, keys, credit cards, licenses, ect
7) credit card magnifier with LED
8) celebrity gun writer print toilet paper

You gentlemen seem to have forgotten something very important: The possibility that your body will be losing fluids,m and the need to contain them.

Probably you think that I am talking about condoms. But no.

I am talking about a trauma kit in case the bad guy gets a couple of licks in with his knife or lands a bullet. It would be a shame to win the fight only to die on the way home due to blood loss.

I am no expert in the field, but perhaps I can suggest some coagulant, a pressure bandage, some gauze and some kerlix.

If you have ever been in a fight you know that both sides can get bloody.

Just to avoid misinterpretation, I don't mean that you need to carry a full medic backpack on your back everywhere you go.

But it's a good idea to have the supplies handy such as in your truck or wherever.

When your wife sees that trauma kit in your kill bag, she is going to know you've been cheating on her.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gentlemen seem to have forgotten something very important: The possibility that your body will be losing fluids,m and the need to contain them.

I am talking about a trauma kit in case the bad guy gets a couple of licks in with his knife or lands a bullet. It would be a shame to win the fight only to die on the way home due to blood loss.

I am no expert in the field, but perhaps I can suggest some coagulant, a pressure bandage, some gauze and some kerlix.

</div></div>

In the car kit. Though I've thought about just keeping a backpack with me that I can take to work or whatever with a change of clothes, toiletries, a first aid kit, and various other stuff. Oddly, despite having been in a few scraps, the only thing I typically needed afterwards was ice packs and ibuprofen. Ok and maybe a nap, because it sucks after the adrenaline dump goes away.

I keep a first aid kit in the car with tampons in it for such occurrences, but a coagulant would be a good idea.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You gentlemen seem to have forgotten something very important: The possibility that your body will be losing fluids,m and the need to contain them.

</div></div>
very good advice indeed.

Here's my daily carry, pretty much the same every day, keep it pretty simple. Never had to draw on anybody, hopefully it stays that way.

EDC.jpg

Kahr PM40 in an Uncle Mikes IWB, spare mag, both loaded with Hornady Critical Defense, SOG folder, keys, wallet, and pen. Will add a small light when I pick up another.

Here's my "bug-out"/truck kit. Originally started as my turn out bag for the SAR team I joined in VA, so that's why it's loaded with all it has. 3 MRE's, 3 liters of water, great firt aid kit I'd bought and then added to, aerial flares+ gun, GI compass with tritium inserts, rain gear, fire starting gear, emergency "space" blankets, signal mirror, small kit with fishing line/hooks etc., old Army style mess kit, contractor black trash bags, 1 gallon ziploc bags, hatchet, kukri machete, survival guide/wilderness medicine book, 2 man tent, and ISO mat. Not something I'd lug around real often obviously, but I got it so now I have it.

Pack.jpg

And lastly, the most useful. This is my "other" truck kit, for late night targets of opportunity. The only one I've had to use so far...

EDC2.jpg

Hahahahaha...

Been carrying since I was brokering diamonds in college. Back then it was a blued 92F carried Mexican.

Now EDC = Glock 17. No spare mag. Emerson folder. Bic lighter. Wallet. Cell phone. Shorty Rite-In-Rain pen. Memory stick. Small envelope of Celox. Pretty simple. Always there.

Car/Truck stuff = FAL under back seat. Two bags: one over-shoulder (maxpedition) and one roller-bag (Makita tool bag). AR pistol. Food, water, cold-weather clothes in case I'm walking. Boots. Tools, zip-ties, LBE, mags, radio, leather gloves, bolt cutters, toiletries. Don't think much about it, but I'd be glad it was there if I had to use it.