• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ex-NFL Lineman Derek Wolf kills HUGE mountain lion terrorizing Colorado town

Not necessarily, I am not looking for sponsorships but I routinely reference the rifle and bullet I used when I’m retelling hunting stories,
There is some nuance that is being missed here...I was speaking solely to his post on social media, which I don't do. Yeah, when we tell hunting stories to our buddies :"what did you shoot him with" "300 win mag". "how far?" "300 yards" Blah blah.

This guy wrote a detailed "post" or whatever the hell you call it that specifically mentioned he got a call about "stalking" a mountain lion. Sorry bro, chasing cats with dogs is awesome and I have been there and done that. You aren't stalking shit though. Stalking implies a stealthy sneak through terrain until you get within range of whatever the hell you are shooting with whatever you are shooting.

Leaving out the houndsman and the dogs was done on purpose, for reasons that I can either guess to be:
1. Didn't want to catch shit for using dogs, which is ridiculous
2. Wanted to make himself look "awesomer" by implying he actually stalked a mountain lion through the woods via tracking himself, which is highly fucking unlikely.

I never said once that it was impossible, just unlikely. I have heard stories of dudes randomly wandering the earth looking for mtn lions to shoot (although most try predator calls) and I am sure someone has pulled it off. That isn't the case here, and to me his story sheds a bunch of doubt on any of his other exploits he posts about on social media.

If you are serious about solving a depredation problem, you don't use a bow.

Lions can be called using prey distress or lion vocals

Yep. I am not on the socials. Did he ever come out and thank his houndsman?