• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Excersizing with firearms

Re: Excersizing with firearms

Sorry wrong post thought it was exercising with my gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: varmint6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry wrong post thought it was exercising with my gun. </div></div>

playing with your gun and exercising with your firearm should not be confused. As opposed to exercising your gun, or playing wtih your firearm.

I found one thing out. Sweat rusts guns fast. Real fast. Not quite like salt water emersion, but almost as fast. Anyone know how to deal with this? I noticed with some guns, the sweat rusts in the finish in a training session under certain conditions. My highly blued guns stay home for anything requiring exertion. I have also found some people have highly acidic sweat and when having others handling my weapons, the sweaty bastards etch my guns. Oil, grease, nothing seems to work? Anyone?

I don't let anyone handle my firearms. End of Story. My father and my ex were the only exceptions, ever. And women don't sweat as much. Problem solved. Otherwise, buy a heat resistant matte stove paint and coat your rifles in it.

Somebody on another post coined the phrase "mall ninjas"...just kidding...hell get in where you fit in...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about shooting positional yoga? </div></div>

Hell, I've thought about this.... probably a yoga-like workout where you held different shooting positions for extended periods of time with a heavy rifle would be a great workout. It would be good exercise and practice that would build strength, muscle endurance, balance, coordination, calmness, muscle memory, etc. which should all help tremendously for positional shooting....

i put my tab gear sling on my gap hospitaller rifle and sling it over my giggle stick after i achieve a full on rager then i run up and down the stairs dragging it behind me for at least 60 min. my wife says it has turned me into a animal in bed , remember the more you sweat during peace the less you will bleed during war!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i put my tab gear sling on my gap hospitaller rifle and sling it over my giggle stick after i achieve a full on rager then i run up and down the stairs dragging it behind me for at least 60 min. my wife says it has turned me into a animal in bed , remember the more you sweat during peace the less you will bleed during war!</div></div>

HaHa Win!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lucks</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about shooting positional yoga? </div></div>

Hell, I've thought about this.... probably a yoga-like workout where you held different shooting positions for extended periods of time with a heavy rifle would be a great workout. It would be good exercise and practice that would build strength, muscle endurance, balance, coordination, calmness, muscle memory, etc. which should all help tremendously for positional shooting.... </div></div>

I believe that's called isometrics. We used to do MWF Isometrics and TTh Plyometrics when I was in college track. It makes you look FORWARD to plyos.
Isos are a biatch big time.

for me its road march thursday and that means i usally do 8 miles with a 70 pound rucksack including my body armor and a full combat load of 5.56 200rds and my le m4 with acog just one of the workouts i do cause i dont want to look like all the other national guardsmen monday wensday and friday i run 8 miles i conceal carry a full size smith&wesson 1911 this keeps me in shape been doing it for the last two years now

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: COURAGEWOLF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My Tuesday is naked jumping jacks with the Windows open day </div></div>

Shit that made me spit my coffee all over the screen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: netranger6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does air soft count? </div></div>
If you can get over how silly the whole thing can be for some of the big-time enthusiasts, it can be awesome cardio!
I played a few rounds with my little brother and his friends. Those guys had me huffin and puffin!

Reminds me of Rifle PT back in the 'old' Army. My old Sarge might have been Satan or his brother and tourtured us with PT.

Which of course was followed by a weapons inspection, which resulted in more PT...

Its a great tool to work out with, but it diminishes its usefullness as a tool.

on a serious note...my shoulders NEVER looked as good as they did after 3 years of exhibition drill with weapons doing tricks with M1's with barrels filled with lead. heavy bastids they were, and the movements we did covered ALL bases of upper body. doing a snap catch with one of them from 30 feet away wasn't simple...

as you were, back to the usual programming
smile.gif

I was expecting something like this opening up the thread:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/po_UUm4GeJQ&feature=related"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/po_UUm4GeJQ&feature=related" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Snyper85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgG01P2y0d8

Me and my friends do this every Tuesday (Tactical Tuesday) </div></div>

Hey that reminds me of Bill Davison's "Jungle Run" (a staple at Tac Pro comps) except after the full auto you engage the targets on the run with a handgun (some requiring double taps, some head shots) and then a little UKD in the end with rifle - oh yeah, except you have a crazy Brit guy screaming behind you that you just killed you buddy, you need to seek cover etc. Doing it in a heat index of 116; good times.

I believe it was based on either a Brit Royal Marine or SAS drill called "Stan's Alley".

I've done isometrics with my MIA SOCOM and sometimes when I do insanity workouts I will do it with my AR. I'll modify the workouts to incorporate it. I'm currently getting ready for Warrant Officer Candidate School so I know there will be a lot of holding rifles.. Up! Down! Up! Down!... HOLD!