• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Experience Opinions on NF 2.5-10x32

JohnMoses

Private
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2011
Looking at this scope and just wanted to get some opinions from those who have used it.

Thanks,

JM

Re: Experience Opinions on NF 2.5-10x32

It's an excellent scope for the money. I use them on precision AR platforms and my hunting rifle. The version with the MILDOT reticle is a little thin for fast and furious stuff but is perfect for smaller targets out a ways. It's my preferred smaller/lightweight scope.

It's a great scope, tracks well and is a nice size. I'd be hard-pressed to trade it for anything else, although I may be enticed into one of the new Premier light tacticals.

I'm generally very pleased with mine. I got it to be a "hunting rifle understudy" to the bigger NF on my target/tactical rifle. Fo that its great....mildot reticle, mil knobs, zero stop....all good. I wish it had a bigger objective ....it could be brighter late in the afternoon .....

Overall, there is still nothing quite like it, and I'm pleased.

They are great scope and we sell a lot of them.

What are you putting it on?
What the max range you shooting?

Mike @ CST

I have one with zero stop from Mike at CS above.

I have it on 16" barrel ar type rifle. Excellent optics and I like the MOA npr2 reticle. Have shot it on 600 yard range no problem. Holdover on 20 MOA with 69 grain SMK with 25.5 grs.of BLC2. Best to use windage knob since marks are 5 M0A. Scope is much more compact in size than the 15 power variable.

It has made me a great hunting scope. It tracks perfectly, ill reticle comes in very handy hunting in lower light. Dropped it a few times and holds zero very well. I do wish it had a little larger objective for a little better light gathering, but all in all, it is a great scope for what i used it for. and zero stops are well worth the money IMO.

I have one on my 7mm wsm and used it this year to take my buck at 505 yards. I love mine. During low light, and I mean that time of day were the big guys stick their heads out. 10X won't give you the exit pupil that you need, and the scope appears a bit dark. But, if you just back your power down to 8X or less, your EP is back up to 4 or better. Plenty bright for me.

Thanks for the help guys. Don't see real well at dusk and was hoping the illum. reticle would help with that, but I realize it's gonna be a trade off with the smaller Objective.

JM

The only complaints I have are that the mildot reticle is a little thin and is hard to pick up fast, especially against a woody background, and the illumination at it's lowest setting is still too bright for my tastes when hog hunting at dusk.

Mine is on a .308 bolt action light weight hunting rifle.
I have the M Velocity reticle with covered turrets. Very fast, accurate and intuitive out to 600 yds.

The illuminated reticle helps at dawn and dusk. I would have preferred to have only a smaller central area of the reticle illuminated instead of the whole thing and have it daylight visible.

Mine is an NPR2, covered turrets, no zero stop.

It has been through several thousand rounds on my AR15 and about a hundred now on my 300 WSM hunting rifle that I just picked up.

The NF soaks up the recoil beating of that very light 300, the illum. reticle works really nicely in low light conditions and with the NPR2 I can easily take a fast shot at 400yd (far more than I need in PA) and hits past a grand with the 300 are not particularly difficult on deer vitals sized targest. 10x is plenty of magnification for the job.

I have one I keep in the truck on a custom LTR. On the farm this time of year I shoot lots of coyotes. Some might be 75yd and others might be 400+. I shoot them out of the truck window and I ain't got time to adj, parallex or adj. side focus. The 2.5x10 fits this perfectly. I really like the covered adjustments. Good Scope! krw

I had a 2.5-10 x24 mil/mil on a Recce was an awesome compact scope. Not sure why they did away with that specific model I felt it was the perfect fit on an AR. Feel confident if you do get the scope you're making a great purchase.

I really like this scope, have a mildot version with zero stop on one of my hunting rifles, its excellent for the rifle its on, I have another 2 with FC2 reticle on a larger bore rifles. This reticle might be worth a look.

I dont find the mildot reticle too thin, but I found the NPR 2 reticle too thin on a 2.5-10x24 I had.

I also found the NPR2 reticle too thin. I have this scope with the mildot reticle on 3 different rifles. Very pleased.

Very happy with my two, one med one high velocity reticles. Need to upgrade the covers that came with them though.

Mike

I have this scope with a Velocity reticle.

Good scope considering its size. Rugged with good tracking. Needs parallax adjustment for precision target work. (I would gladly sacrifice the illuminated reticle, which is too bright at its lowest setting, to get parallax adjustment.) Scope isn't so great in low light hunting applications. (Yes, power can be dialed down for better light transmission, but with reticle in SFP, the reticle holdovers are no longer valid.)

i have the 2.5-10x24 and it's a great scope. reticle is thin, but i still have no problem seeing it. i really like the scope, and have not had a bad time with lack pf parallax adjustment.

i'm going to get the 32mm model to let a little more light in when it's getting dark.

I just bought a low velocity, zero stop, version for my Larue OBR for my pig hunt, range report coming

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the 2.5-10x32 on a LTR in .308? AG </div></div>

That's what mine is going on...well, an SPS tactical in a McMillan HTG stock. I think it should be just about perfect.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: asbestosglove</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the 2.5-10x32 on a LTR in .308? AG </div></div>

This is what Im doing with my LTR, It will match the one on my LMT MWS. Keep it light,simple and reliable.

The NF 2.5-10X32 is a great scope. I used one with a velocity reticle on a 18" .308 REPR and it was excellent. The glass was great and the velocity reticle matched well with the load I was shooting. The size of the scope is also nice if you are concerned about size/weight.

I have the 24mm version with LV reticle mounted on my AR shorty.I handload and was able to perfectly match the actual bullet trajectory to the reticle with little effort.All I did was change the sight in distance slightly from what the NF program gave and reduce velocity 30fps.I hardly dial with it but I have my ZS set for a 100Y zero so when I want to dial it's easy that way too.

I can't find any fault in the scope
grin.gif
I'm usually a side focus kind of guy myself but it's nice to just have a KISS system sometimes.Honestly I don't miss the SF on this scope.

Once in a while I'll bring out someone with little shooting experience,usually to help them sight in their deer/elk rifle.They'll see me get out my tiny AR carbine/tiny scope and I can see their demeanor,"whats this fool doing trying to hit something that far away(600Y),he'll never hit it???" They practically freak out when I hit the 15" steel no problem.

+1 to both RMW & Steve123's posts. Got one with the LV reticle on my 16" REPR, excellent little scope for my intended purpose. I use it mostly for predator hunting where most of the time you don't have time to dial adjustments, just hold over & shoot. Perfect balance of weight, size, & magnification range for me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camaroguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a 2.5-10 x24 mil/mil on a Recce was an awesome compact scope. Not sure why they did away with that specific model I felt it was the perfect fit on an AR. Feel confident if you do get the scope you're making a great purchase. </div></div>

Unless I am mistaken, they still make them, but have but sales on hold to the civilian market. I believe Kevin can still get them.