• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Experiences w/ GAP

Re: Experiences w/ GAP

I have had two rifles worked on by them. One FN (had new Ober. barrel installed, trued action, bedded) One Rem 700 (Badger DBM installed and 20 moa base with 8/40 screws)

Both were excellent and very fast turn around for me.

Outstanding work IMHO!

Current sit? Call them! They will tell you all you want to know.

They have the parts that I shipped now. I called to make sure they recieved the parts & if there were any questions. (Shipped a month ago.) The person I talked to seemed a little put off that I asked.

I had recieved no confirmation other than the fed ex#. Guess I should have been happy w/ that.

No rush on my part just double checking they got the stuff, I just got burned badly by a gunsmith & am a little apprehensive. From what I've read I should have little to worry about but I have no first hand experience yet.

My Heroes - they just helped me out huge with (2) FN .308's: His-n-Hers w/CDI conversions - top shelf . . . . Thanks again men - it was a genuine pleasure . . .

Any Guinness left?

2rcsi8x.jpg

6pvyuu.jpg

2nl7kie.jpg

Your in good hands. I have only one problem. I can't get enough of them.

EdO,

Nice rifles - in your first pic, you gotta love the Busch Light can on top of the tool box!!

Cool. Good to hear. Sounds like they are busy right now & I just have a case of the paranoids. George has emailed me on occasion to answer a few questions & seems like a stand up guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frigid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cool. Good to hear. Sounds like they are busy right now & I just have a case of the paranoids. George has emailed me on occasion to answer a few questions & seems like a stand up guy.

</div></div>

You dont have to be nervous about those guys. They do take a while but I have yet to see anyone who didnt get more then what they expected. Its worth the wait, just read some of the horror stories. The hide is lucky to have many good stand up smiths.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frigid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They have the parts that I shipped now. I called to make sure they recieved the parts & if there were any questions. (Shipped a month ago.) The person I talked to seemed a little put off that I asked.

I had recieved no confirmation other than the fed ex#. Guess I should have been happy w/ that.

No rush on my part just double checking they got the stuff, I just got burned badly by a gunsmith & am a little apprehensive. From what I've read I should have little to worry about but I have no first hand experience yet.
</div></div>

You wont get burned here, everything is fine, Not sure who you talked to but we get 500+ calls a day over 1/2 are "is my rifle done yet", "can I get a status" "do you have any questions" Etc, We do realize that everyone is extatic about getting their rifles and the wait sucks compleatly. But I spend 30+ hours a week on the phone (just me) and Tracy is on the phone all day long. It wears somtime I apologise if whoever you talked to was rude, it was unintential.

Your rifle is fine, and in the lineup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EdO,

Nice rifles - in your first pic, you gotta love the Busch Light can on top of the tool box!!

</div></div>

Thats Moons T-Box, he runs on Bush Light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buckey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EdO,

</div></div>

Thats Moons T-Box, he runs on Bush Light. </div></div>

I don't think he is brand loyal! I have seen others in his hands!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But I spend 30+ hours a week on the phone (just me) and Tracy is on the phone all day long. It wears somtime I apologise if whoever you talked to was rude, it was unintential.
</div></div>

I am sure George that you spend that much time also answering e-mails. Just think if you did not spend that much time on the phone you could have a few more rifles built. Keep up the GREAT work.

Thanks George!

No rush on my rifle, I know you guys are busy, double checking only!!!

Ya never know though. Had to ask, cause situations sometimes change. But again, I am probably being oversensitive due to the latest fiasco. I traded many e-mails with my m-14 smith. & had a few good telephone conversations as well. Ignored some bad press & took him at his word. I got my rifle returned after almost a year w/ no work done less the $1000 deposit....hence the anger.

I will publicly promise not to be a pain in the ass & the only other question will be where to send the check.

I have had GAP build two rifles, both turned out great. I couldn't be happier with their work. Also everyone I talked to on the phone was courteous and professional. I always had emails returned by George within a day.

James

I sent my DPMS SASS to GA Precision two weeks ago with instructions after emailing George multiple times (me bugging him) and he walked me through the process of re-barreling. When the rifle got to GAP Jeff called me to ask me some questions. As far as I can tell they are very responsive and professional. They will get more of my business in the future. I can’t wait to get the rifle back to see how she does. I am like a kid in a new candy store. I just wish I had more money for more toys
grin.gif

You won't find any better than the crew at GA Precision. Great work. I trust them with my rifles and there are only a couple that I do.

GAP always been excellent with me. My 2 rifles I had built was way quick! They were being done from the ground up. I wasn't worried at all. When I send my parts UPS, I made sure that I chose the quantum view notify,extra fee, so I got email staus of my package. Well, not too long after Tim signed for the box on a Saturday, I got a call from Tracy in a few weeks. It was so quick, that I didn't even have time to purchase another action. But I'm sure they just had the time to do it them. Excellent customer service and all around great people to do business with. Did I mention excellent end result as well.

GAP has built a rifle for me and I will have several more. I stopped by the shop when I was in KC treated me great. When you get your rifle you will be very happy it will be well worth the wait.

Nothing but good experiences.

If you have ever been by the shop you would understand how hard it is to focus building. That phone NEVER stops.

They built one of two rifles that will stay in my family for many years! I'd say they are the gold standard in custom tactical rifles that others are measured against. I have one more heirloom rifle to be finished right (M40A1 turn-in stock build) that they'll be getting soon! Although I call them heirloom rifles, they get well used.... their just built to take it!

You'll be hard pressed to find someone that can say anything bad about them.

George is a class act.

Hey! I recognize that muzzle!
laugh.gif

namethatmuzzle.jpg

And here is the rest of it! Thanks, Men (and Tracy)!

2-22-09-5014.jpg

I was very disciplined about the build, I paid up front, and worked hard to forget about it... yeah, right!
smile.gif

I thought about calling, and was pleasantly surprised to get a call from Tracy needing my shipping details, my rifle was ready!
smile.gif
smile.gif

I was told four months when I ordered, and they beat that by a few days.

I had a great experience buying a rifle from George a little over 5 years ago (personal-owned FNSPR) that he had bedded, and after seeing that work, I decided to have them build my DPMS LR308.

I'm loving it right now, working through a break-in and a lack of good glass, but I'm using it for night-time pig hunting, and it will be great for that.
smile.gif

I'll do business with George and Crew, again.

BTW _ Who is the gent in front of the AR table?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thats Moons T-Box, he runs on Bush Light. </div></div>

Snow-juice......light

It keeps the kidney stones away.

When all things are considered such as craftsmanship,time frame of build and...... can't be beat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">George and the crew at GAP are the best by far. I have not ran across any other smith that compares to the guys at GAP.

The rifles shoot exceptionally well-always. </div></div>

+1

Every rifle I've seen by GAP is absolutely amazing too

Recent experience:

It had been some time since I put rounds down range and I decided to get back into shooting. I had another (lesser) rifle on order that fell through. I scrambled to research a good alternative and there was nothing out there to be found that didn’t require several months lead time.

I was chatting with Mike at AAC and he recommended I contact GAP as they sometimes had rifles on hand. I did just that and will have a Crusader in hand tomorrow.

Although limited in experience with them, George responded to every email I sent within a day and Tracy was awesome to deal with on the phone.

When I get my can in a few months I plan on having GAP thread my barrel. I’m already contemplating an AR10 from them. In all my research (quite a bit) I found nothing but outstanding feedback.

Pretty sure they have a new customer for life.

Lang

I have had two rifles built by GAP. If I didnt have two kids in college right now they would be building another. Good people and excellent work.

I ordered my first GAP on Dec. 10th, 2008. George was very helpful in answering all my questions through email.

i would love to have one but, i dont think i could take the wait time!!! lee gardner. hey George. since i have the same last name and i am more than sure we are related Do you think i could have the wait time reduced by at least half? I really want a barreled action in 6BR!! PLEASE!!!!

I was passing through town and dropped in at the shop unanounced a few weeks ago. Moon stopped his work to diagnose a problem for me. Tracy chatted for a while. George took time to stand around and talk for half an hour or so and to show me some of the new 'stuff' he was working on. He knew the specs for my latest build without first looking at the order, and even suggested a few modifications. I was treated less like a customer and more like a member of an extended family. I felt bad that I didn't bring any presents, or beer. Happy Birthday guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: frigid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ALRIGHT already, I'm a believer! </div></div>

Hmm…..my first experience with GAP. Remember those 8 Crusaders that sold a while back in one day? I got one, ok, its December 23rd, late in the day. Hours before the Holiday begins, Tracy & George are calling me every ½ hour to update me if my ship to FFL was received via fax or e-mail. They wanted to complete the order so badly before the day ended, while some of the work force around America was slacking off drinking egg nog’s or whatever, its 4pm Tuesday evening at GAP and they are working overtime for ol Clint. hell yea I’m impressed, and then the Crusader arrives! Whoa, its friggen outstanding craftsmanship. I bought a MK4 4-14-50mm, delivered yesterday, range reports coming in a week or so. GAP….what can I say? I am beyond happy with my first experience. I hope there will be more to come.

fwiw,
I've had many rifles built by Eric at GA Precision over the years. All but one was perfect out of the box and that was an honest mistake. I've had custom rifles built by many, many other smiths and I've never seen the combination of attention to detail and performance. I am aware Eric has gone back to Quantico, however, I would have no qualms about the current crew...fwiw & imho.

Best Regards, Matt Garrett
757-581-6270

I can't say enough good things about the folks at GA Precision. As busy as George is, he takes the time to take care of his customers.

Something is REALLY FREAKING WRONG HERE!!!!

My box-o-parts was delivered to GAP for assembly on 1-17-2009.

I just got a call from Tracy....It Is done already.

I have never seen turn around like this!!! Simply amazing, can't wait to see the gun.

Thank you George! Pics would be cool to appease the guys on here if possible.

GEEZ! I HOPE I get a turnaround that quick. Ehhh, Don't think so though. I just sent George and crew my parts to build an M40A1 clone/replica. Return stock, Schneider barrel, USO mount, etc, etc, I know it's alot of detail and time consuming to build one of these compared to a "normal" build. George and I need to have one conversation, that's to confirm everything arrived intact, go over the details, he can give me my balance to pay which I will send after I talk to him. After that... I don't want to know anything until he calls and says it's done. I can imagine the phone calls they get and I understand how it is. I have not read ONE bad thing about GAP! NOT ONE !!

I only have one GAP , It was finished in the time frame George said it would be and it shoots un friggen believable. I wish I had more money to buy rifles just so I could hang out at the shop.

I've never had any direct dealings with them, but those folks I know who have are universally big supporters of their work.

If there's a problem, there's no problem; they would rather win the customer than win the argument.

A responsible professional understands that goodwill is always worth the effort, cannot be bought at any price, and will stand by their work regardless.

Everything I see and hear about GAP tells me that GAP exemplifies my own personal definition of professionalism.

Greg

The rifle was just delivered.

Looks to be absolutely perfect!

Not quite sure how you made the old 700 action feel that smooth or tweak the factory trigger but both are awesome!

THANK YOU GEORGE!

I just ordered a DPMS AR10 from George a little over a week ago. I paid in full and can't wait to get it. 6-8 month build time and will be well worth the wait. I'll probably be ordering a crusader or rock here in a couple of months as well.