• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Explanation Of Blueprinting,Truing, ETC, A Rifle Action

Rem9671

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2019
Can someone explain the procedures,purpose,and results of Blueprinting,Truing and other procedures associated with custom bolt action rifles?

Can someone explain the procedures,purpose,and results of Blueprinting,Truing and other procedures associated with custom bolt action rifles?

This subject is basically a never ending Gobb Stopper. :) I can regurgitate it if you like, but 10m of your time on our website's GS section (like that subtle sales pitch? lol) will answer 99.9% of relevant questions.

I'll punctuate with this: I've taken this stuff as far as I know-how. I don't think there are many rocks left to turn over. The advantage I have is we do a tremendous amount of this work. It's in the ###/month kind of quantity. The gains are small and I make no claims of producing the next "Jake Vibbert" over a tuned up receiver. The entire process is as much about functionality as it is improving the accuracy potential. It's the whole system.

C.

Reactions: wade2big
That's really cool of you guys to share that much detail about the process. Also, two thumbs up for that fixturing. Some really great work there.

Reactions: LRI