• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Explosion in West, Texas

Michael

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2001
Hood County, Texas
Happened about 1915 this evening.
City of west is 15 minutes north of Waco.
Details are spare but looks like fire at fertilizer plant got away from the fire department and hit the various fertilizers.
Helicopter video looks real bad.

If you pray, now would be a good time.

Thoughts and prayers to all those affected. For my brothers fighting this monster, STAY SAFE!!!

I live just south of Dallas, and we felt the house move. Assumed mild earthquake. We're about 50 miles away.

Live coverage on now. Said nursing home has collapsed, possibly trapping people inside.

I hope the people, and the kolaches are okay. This town in known for the "Czech Stop". A little gas station that has some of the best pastries ever produced by man. Seriously, I have some friends down there. I'm gonna call and see if they need a place to stay.

6 Public Safety deaths reported, most likely brothers that were fighting the original fire rekindle. 60 civilian deaths reported so far with more expected, a bad day.

those fucking guns...my god we've got to do something about those assault weapons.

just want to prep you for some jackass blaming the explosion on guns.

haven't heard anything of it...flipping through the new now, nothing local on TV.

We're supposed to get some biblical thunderstorms tonight as well. I hope the pilots can get the worst out before the storm hits.

those fucking guns...my god we've got to do something about those assault weapons.

just want to prep you for some jackass blaming the explosion on guns.

haven't heard anything of it...flipping through the new now, nothing local on TV.

Does every tragic event have to be followed by some stupid comment trying to pass as a clever joke about guns being blamed/banned for said tragedy? It's unfunny and unoriginal.

Prayers for those involved in this disaster.

I get it 50cal, I think most of us do and I'm not in disagreement with the overall sentiment. I find that the same joke (if you will) being applied to all these tragedies isn't funny anymore.

But to each their own I guess.

oh and fuck Jay Mohr and the rest of Hollywood that makes their millions off of glorifying guns and gun violence in La La Land but now want to disarm law abiding America. Fucking hypocrites, the whole lot of them.

Last edited:
I hope the people, and the kolaches are okay. This town in known for the "Czech Stop". A little gas station that has some of the best pastries ever produced by man. Seriously, I have some friends down there. I'm gonna call and see if they need a place to stay.

Right. Even everyone knows though those are the best to be had, I'm sure you'll agree the kolaches are secondary.
This is just about an hour from me and it is a horrific tragedy. I have calls in to a few people that live around there with no response. This is a tragic situation.

I live about 10 minutes away from West. Four buddies and I felt and heard the explosion, but passed it off as thunder since it was misting. Thirty minutes later I started hearing all the sirens, and a half hour later, we heard about happened. All of our friends that were VFD got called out, and we followed to help with SAR and medical transport. Sadly, they turned us away, and we had to evacuate the area. We all parked at the Chevy dealership across 35 and watched the fire spread down the highway, the FD's and VFD's from Austin, to Aledo, to Oklahoma come to put out the fire and help the injured citizens. There were lights and sirens everywhere, orange skies, and school buses and ambulances speeding everywhere making back to back to back to back trips to the hospitals. Even VFD first responders and VSAR were driving dismembered and broken people to the nearest hospitals, from the ones in Waco till they were full, to literally an hour and a half down the road.

Did a lot of praying last night.