• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Export laws for tactical scopes

black max

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 2, 2012
    world wide
    Anybody have any info on exporting a scope to Australia??? Is it legal for a US citizen to sell and ship a scope to Australia?

Last edited:
    Exporting scopes from the US is not easy, for most you will need an export permit. It is not legal for a US citizen to export a scope without a permit I believe.

Sporting scopes - Depends on destination country. For most "western" countries like Australia there's just some paperwork that needs to be completed
    ITAR controlled scopes - nope. Need to be a registered exporter and file DSP-5/83 forms

Last edited:
    No problem with Steiner scopes being sold. Leupold MK 8 is a different story due to ITAR laws. That's a law enforcement/military only scope in Australia due to the laws.

Meanwhile an entire warehouse full of high tech equipment, including late gen night vision goggles, that we gave to the Syrian rebels fell into Al Qaida's hands when they captured a rebel base. I'm sure that equipment isn't being shared with anyone now, right? I would think a Steiner rifle scope would be the least of our concerns.

Meanwhile an entire warehouse full of high tech equipment, including late gen night vision goggles, that we gave to the Syrian rebels fell into Al Qaida's hands when they captured a rebel base. I'm sure that equipment isn't being shared with anyone now, right? I would think a Steiner rifle scope would be the least of our concerns.
    Yea no doubt!!! I would rather not have the Feds kick down my front door and ship me of to Guantanamo bay though! I read something a while back about a man in Oregon that got busted selling some scopes on ebay, I'm not sure where he was sending them...

No problem with Steiner scopes being sold. Leupold MK 8 is a different story due to ITAR laws. That's a law enforcement/military only scope in Australia due to the laws.

Care to expand on that as it really doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Specifically the in Australia due to the laws part. What laws?