• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Expose: The Man who killed Osama Bin Laden

My family is better taken care of because I became a local 420 steamfitter then had I been a seal apparently. Its truly disgusting to read about how our government treats its heroes.

He decided to get out at 16 years instead of staying until 20 to receive full benefits. He chose to leave so he gets treated like any other person who chooses separation over retirement, he is entitled to nothing except his education benefits. He thought he would get out and make all this money but so far it has not worked out. While I am sure he will eventually cash in on his efforts, he should have stayed for four more years.

He decided to get out at 16 years instead of staying until 20 to receive full benefits. He chose to leave so he gets treated like any other person who chooses separation over retirement, he is entitled to nothing except his education benefits. He thought he would get out and make all this money but so far it has not worked out. While I am sure he will eventually cash in on his efforts, he should have stayed for four more years.

What would you know about military retirement :)

Your right however, he could have requested transfer I'm sure, the proverbial desk job. I think there is a possibility he can benefit from his actions, as you said down the road. Im sure there are authors looking to write his story. "The man who shot Liberty Valance" so to speak. I'm betting that being at the center of it all was so overwhelming that he bugged out early on a whim?

But I think the bigger picture is after being at the tip of the spear for so long it becomes all you know and the transition to private sector can be brutal.

At least he has some marketable skills.

I feel bad for the Army cook who did a try two, and then got out. That poor guy has no skills, no respect, and a life of minimum wage prospects. lol

I certainly hope that article is rife with disinformation.

As much as I sympathize with trials and tribulations he faces both with reintegration and with the VA I am actually more concerned for the vets who no longer have the skills to cope with a system that will, in the end, deliver them nothing. That is, with the exception of a burial plot if someone bothers to check whether they were a vet.

I certainly hope that article is rife with disinformation.

As much as I sympathize with trials and tribulations he faces both with reintegration and with the VA I am actually more concerned for the vets who no longer have the skills to cope with a system that will, in the end, deliver them nothing. That is, with the exception of a burial plot if someone bothers to check whether they were a vet.

The soldier and god all men adore
In times of danger and not before
When danger has quilled
And all things rited
God is forgotten
And the soldier is slighted....

Sorry to get political, but I'm fed up with politicans buying the votes of our indigenous poor with my tax dollars while importing additional poor people and shitting on veterans. The VA situation is INEXCUSABLE. But the media is in on it, and most Americans are too distracted by Us Weekly and Monday Night Football or they're on their ass (not always by choice) and have their hand out.. I wish this dude the best and also wished he could have taken a knee and coasted the last 4 years. It sounds like he was struggling mentally and made the decision to get out while not in the best state of mind. Many of us, including myself, have gotten wrapped around the axle and made bad career decisions while under less stress than this world class hitter.

sorry to get political, but i'm fed up with politicans buying the votes of our indigenous poor with my tax dollars while importing additional poor people and shitting on veterans. The va situation is inexcusable. But the media is in on it, and most americans are too distracted by us weekly and monday night football or they're on their ass (not always by choice) and have their hand out.. I wish this dude the best and also wished he could have taken a knee and coasted the last 4 years. It sounds like he was struggling mentally and made the decision to get out while not in the best state of mind. Many of us, including myself, have gotten wrapped around the axle and made bad career decisions while under less stress than this world class hitter.

"buying votes with tax dollars from those who work....for those who don`t work" .......

Was thinking same thing, there should be some compensation to these guys that stay in combat theaters though, like counting tim that you get combat pay as double time towards service.

Combat arms takes its toll on the body, SEAL, Grunt and inbetween.

Was thinking same thing, there should be some compensation to these guys that stay in combat theaters though, like counting tim that you get combat pay as double time towards service.

Agreed but they already do that via the VA for disabilities. It just sucks wading the red tape to get there or so I'm told; I've never set foot in the VA since I got out and never will. I can live with my bad back and knees, and I'll cut them long before they cut on me fucking me up like they have my brothers.

I did fourteen years and voluntarily separated, decided to go contracting instead of pushing to retirement (and recruiting can suck it). I know the government doesn't owe me a damn thing because I left prior to twenty. This guy took the same SEPS classes everyone else does, and everyone knows you're either "Retired" with a monthly check or "Veteran" with a GI Bill.

I said it last year when they first published this article, Esquire wanting to paint him as a forsaken warrior is bullshit. Make your bed, lie in it.

Unfortunately it's only like that on the GS circuit it's a one to two ratio.

Agreed but they already do that via the VA for disabilities. It just sucks wading the red tape to get there or so I'm told; I've never set foot in the VA since I got out and never will. I can live with my bad back and knees, and I'll cut them long before they cut on me fucking me up like they have my brothers.

I did fourteen years and voluntarily separated, decided to go contracting instead of pushing to retirement (and recruiting can suck it). I know the government doesn't owe me a damn thing because I left prior to twenty. This guy took the same SEPS classes everyone else does, and everyone knows you're either "Retired" with a monthly check or "Veteran" with a GI Bill.

I said it last year when they first published this article, Esquire wanting to paint him as a forsaken warrior is bullshit. Make your bed, lie in it.

Redmanss, totally agree with you. Plenty of other guys have pulled the trigger, left early and have asked for nothing.

I would recommend that he start working on his next set of skills, that will provide for him and his family in the future. He did get paid little for 16 years of service, which is unfair and un-appreciative. If he could re-enlist and put in another 4 years, that would help him financially.

However sooner or later he will need another skill set, and he should start without delay. Many persons would hire a vet to help him and get him started. He has more going for him than most vets do when they separate. Adapt, improvise, overcome.

I would recommend that he start working on his next set of skills, that will provide for him and his family in the future. He did get paid little for 16 years of service, which is unfair and un-appreciative. If he could re-enlist and put in another 4 years, that would help him financially.

However sooner or later he will need another skill set, and he should start without delay. Many persons would hire a vet to help him and get him started. He has more going for him than most vets do when they separate. Adapt, improvise, overcome.

He can go to school, draw his stipend and get on with life.

Combat pay should equal what a senator or representative earns...............

I hope no one on the hide is dumb enough to think this is really the guy who really shot Bin Ladin. My guess is he was a intel wennie with delusions.

just sittin here shakin my head...
The guy made his bed, has laid in it, then he dug a hole, never stopped digging, so he is whining? So fucking what. Do what the rest of us vets do. Get your freakin ass in a school program and get it done in four years and move the fuck on! Me, sure, TBI's kicked my ass in the MLS program, but so what! I have a AS in Human Sciences for my hard work, and am well on my way to a BS in Psychology for Counseling Vets/Soldiers with DOD/VA. I am dedicated to being part of the freakin SOLUTION, NOT the problem!

just sittin here shakin my head...
The guy made his bed, has laid in it, then he dug a hole, never stopped digging, so he is whining? So fucking what. Do what the rest of us vets do. Get your freakin ass in a school program and get it done in four years and move the fuck on! Me, sure, TBI's kicked my ass in the MLS program, but so what! I have a AS in Human Sciences for my hard work, and am well on my way to a BS in Psychology for Counseling Vets/Soldiers with DOD/VA. I am dedicated to being part of the freakin SOLUTION, NOT the problem!

He's got to me mid thirties and will still have plenty of energy to produce. It's just a state of mind. But you have to admit some make it back from combat and never recover psychologically. But the problem is deeper than that. Most vets don't return and have the fear of being outed for killing the leader of Al Queda. So he's fearful for his family and that is fully understandable and somewhat paralyzing. So he's a special case.

It went the rounds last year. He was one of them.

I really don't even know how to respond to that guys comment.

It went the rounds last year. He was one of them.
If you say so, I do not want to be argumentative. When I was in the Navy I was an ET not a SEAL. But, its just a problem for me the way the guy whines. I know a few young men who have recently served as special operations soldiers on one branch or another. None of them are whiners. But, you may have better info than I do, so I'll take your word on it.

Last edited:
You get the feeling he thinks his 16 years were better than anyone else's. How about the spook who located Bin Laden?