• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Expressions I hate

Animal357

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 18, 2020
    I will start...

"Be Careful" That is a useless concept. HOW should I change my behavior to be safe? Tell me what I "should do" or "should not do", or STFU.

This thread suck....instead of bitching about quotes we hate, I'm going to give you a quote I like

While on a date with the missus, we were getting on the subway.....a guy walked up to us and said randomly "if you can't be safe, be dangerous my nigga".....then he just left.

I have lived by those words since that day.

The overuse of the word "Fundamental".

Seems like every problem is "Fundamental" and the cure is to "Fundamentally" change things.

Reactions: HeavyAssault
    Since this is the Hide, I'll throw one in I hear too much lately, "I'm pro 2nd amendment, buuut..." one of my coworkers says that periodically. He'll continue the sentence with bs about bans/restrictions etc.

And not a phrase, but the word "tactical" is way overused now a days! Oh, you bought a tactical knife? It's a knife dipshit, pretty sure all knives are tactical!

Reactions: The D
    To the OP, "Be Careful" means if what you are doing can't be done without injury while holding your own beer... Rethink your behavior.
    The 'weak minded' are the intended prey.

"whatever" issued from the mouth of a millenial.....which results in an urge to meet said mouth with my fist. LOL

Reactions: phxfa
    Don’t like “ IF it was me” ! ? ....But it ain’t !
    As per Baron23 ...”whatever“ rankles me.
    Have a great and/or blessed day ! 90% of the time they don’t give a shit.
    Love “Toodles“ though 😜

I will start...

"Be Careful" That is a useless concept. HOW should I change my behavior to be safe? Tell me what I "should do" or "should not do", or STFU.

Do you do a lot of stupid things? Because it sounds like your coworkers, friends and family just naturally assume you are an idiot and will no doubt injure yourself or others doing whatever stupid thing you are about to do.

Do you do a lot of stupid things? Because it sounds like your coworkers, friends and family just naturally assume you are an idiot and will no doubt injure yourself or others doing whatever stupid thing you are about to do.
    Posting on SH is the most stupid thing that I do.

When I worked in east LA...

"Like barely right now."

Since this is the Hide, I'll throw one in I hear too much lately, "I'm pro 2nd amendment, buuut..." one of my coworkers says that periodically. He'll continue the sentence with bs about bans/restrictions etc.

And not a phrase, but the word "tactical" is way overused now a days! Oh, you bought a tactical knife? It's a knife dipshit, pretty sure all knives are tactical!
    +1000 on the overuse of the word tactical.

One of the bodywork guys I worked with years ago was super full of himself and sharpened a plastic door panel tool into a knife-shaped object. He walked around the entire shop showing everyone and proclaiming that, “it’s tactical”. Ever since then, that word has grated on the last few nerves I have left

+1000 on the overuse of the word tactical.

One of the bodywork guys I worked with years ago was super full of himself and sharpened a plastic door panel tool into a knife-shaped object. He walked around the entire shop showing everyone and proclaiming that, “it’s tactical”. Ever since then, that word has grated on the last few nerves I have left
    Good tactical use of the term +1000

;-). Ah hahhahaha...

no, seriously... that’s a good one!

Sirhr

Reactions: The D
    "Teachable moment"

Vile death with sharp pointy teeth awaits people who use this

"What are your thoughts?" Inside joke in my family--My scrum master asks me this every day and the filter has to go up fast before truth bombs get dropped.

Quotes to live buy:
    "Always carry a knife with you in case there's cheesecake, or you need to stab someone in the throat"
    "No problem ever existed that could not be solved by the liberal application of high explosive"

“Oh crap! Look at all the mambe pambe’s and what they’ve done to the bear pit!”

I don’t mind saying it though as much as I hate living it.

"Open Door Policy"

"to be honest with you"

"field sobriety test"

"Let me know how I can help...."

Bitch, if I knew how you could help, I would let you know. Im not going to do the EXTRA work to figure out how your normally USELESS ass can now actually be USEFUL.

That shit is on you

"Big Boy Rules"

Usually used by the laziest humans imaginable to cut corners.

First prize goes to the person who can tell us how a Southern Belle tells someone to "go to hell," without saying those words.

This is my favorite standup set of all time. I know a lot of comedians think his later, angry sets aren’t that great but I haven’t stopped laughing at them since I watched it whenever it was put out

edit: my second favorite is from this same show(I’m pretty sure), the free floating hostility bit

"Bless their little heart..."

WE HAVE A WINNER!

2tbt09.jpg

Reactions: acudaowner
    I hate everyone says "perfect" all the time, almost like thank you. It's a little snot nosed way of to say thank you. It strikes me as neurotic and angsty. Nothing is perfect bitch!

"Is what it is"

"Just sayin'"

"Domestic terrorist"

"Alt-right"

"Game changer"

"Woke"

Modified words...example libtard, Obummer, Trumpster, shouse, brunch, etc.

Name calling during a debate or argument.