• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extended bolt handle for CZ455?

You can buy the part from someplace like glades armory. Or you can find a member/someone with lathe and have them machine/thread/shoulder the bolt handle.

There were a few members on here doing it, although not sure if they are doing work currently or not. Ive had the member on here do it and the work was top notch for what its worth. Very happy.

Reactions: dghboy315
I have one on the way from Glades Armory. It seems like a lot of the members that were doing jobs are on hiatus right now. Think the cost is roughly similar to send yours to someone or buy one off glades. Just keep in mind that from glades the pineapple and oversize smooth bolts are aluminum, the other two with the ribs are steel if you want a heavier one.

Reactions: dghboy315
yeah good things to note. I dont remember what I paid, but i seem to recall it being about 65 dollars or so. Maybe more, but I could be getting confused with my center fire bolt. Work must be good for them, wish I had the machinery to play around with and I would give it a try.

If you have a centerfire rig that you use I would get the same as you have that. If not, get what you want. I have the mini badger and its perfect. Fits well, looks good on a cz action, and I can work the bolt quickly but controlled.

Glades bolt handle just showed up yesterday. Very happy with it. If I get bored with the knob I can swap out any other threaded bolt knob. Gives you the option of returning to stock and selling them separately if you ever decide to part with your CZ. I will have pics posted to rimfire thread when my new chassis shows up on Wednesday :)

Edit*** Forgot to mention, very fast shipping!

Last edited:
I went with the knurled knob. Didn't see the point of getting an aluminum one.

This thread needs a LOT more pictures than the two on Glade's website...just saying. :)

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i48.photobucket.com\/albums\/f230\/bunsenbeaker27\/cz455-tactical-bolt-handle-oversized-tactical-knob_zps5lvrbiak.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
The bolt handle above is the one I got. I ordered a McGee precision chassis. Delivery looks to be on time on Wednesday :)

Now I'm just waiting on my yodave -_-

I want to know more info on the mdt chassis. May have to start a new thread. Wish charlie would come around and offer up some new work for his cz bolts. He did mine and its fantastic.

I was looking around for a knob and found this thread. Ordered a handle on Saturday, and received it on Monday! Have never been ship something that fast.

Was actually suprised to see the handle was threaded, didn't notice that on the site.

It has less clearance for the ocular housing than the stock bolt handle. I was barely clearing a argos 6-24 btr with the stock bolt and .87 inch seekins rings. Going to have to get higher rings it looks like =/

My handle may be for sale for a discount. Will be amazing for someone running a 40mm obj scope. Don't really want to get tall rings just for the handle.

I just ordered mine. hope its not too big

It is too big.
The handle actually Hits the scope with Leupold low rings . The handle looks nice but the knob is horse-cock-huge.

It may also be a part that is supposed to be fitted. The extraction timing is slightly off because the shape is different. The cam-ing edge is very square on the new one whereas the factory edge is gently rounded. If I work the bolt it will shave metal off to wear in.
ca6965ce410ee476aace0a248a213b49.jpg
bd60707f6d7a10cfd51b067c1e945818.jpg
6ef20cab843b7b5c360aca51ffb45e76.jpg
e585f0dd6467f5d4961a54ee20d21ebd.jpg

I just cut off the end of the round knob and drove a hex head grade 8 bolt on the end of the shaft and welded it. Used a drill for a redneck lathe to profile the bolt head to bolt handle with a file for the profile to match up. Could have profiled the match closer, but I still may change the knob

Anyone know if Glades Armory will just thread my CZ 455 knob 5/8-24? I already have the knob I want (PT&G). I just need the original knob threaded

Anyone know if Glades Armory will just thread my CZ 455 knob 5/8-24? I already have the knob I want (PT&G). I just need the original knob threaded

Mine arrived and in the mail today. The handle is treaded, so you could swap to your PT&G knob and have a spare Glades knob.
IMG_0087.JPG

Attachments

• image_49399.jpg
    image_49399.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
IMG_0019_zpsngz5eevz.jpg Been out of pocket for about 10 months now. Going to resume CZ conversions on a limited basis. Yes I have been told about the Glades Armory handle having less scope clearance than the factory. CZ has addressed the clearance problem with reshaping the current bolt handle though it has the hole in the end of it. One of these was a pitted olive.

Attachments

• IMG_0004_zps3q0jrrjk.jpg
    IMG_0004_zps3q0jrrjk.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
el gordo2,

Does the new handle with the hole in it prevent you from converting it to a larger knob? I'd love to get mine converted, but my olive has a pit.

It requires more work on my part. There is a void where the thread tenon should be. One of the handles in my picture above was one wit the hole in it.

In for details of a bolt handle run.

This was an easy DIY mod of the existing bolt. Took under $10 and maybe an hour of total work. I should have taken pics during the process but here's the finished product. It clears the scope even with the big throw lever in the way. The size and position fits my hand perfectly and the process allows a little customization if you want something different.

IMG_0211.JPGIMG_0213.JPGIMG_0212.JPG
Here's what i did:
1 - The bold knob had a hole in it which I filled 2/3 full with JB Weld.
2 - While the JB Weld was still wet I put a wood screw with aggressive threads and a wide head in the JBW in the hole in the knob. The screw was for structure to support the next round of JBW
3 - After the JBW dried I prepped a plastic tube to be a mold for the next round. The tube had the same ID as the OD of the bolt knob. I adjusted the tube so that the end extended far enough for the JBW to cover the screw and adjusted the angle for a comfortable fit. I used clear shoe polish as a release agent on the plastic being careful not to get any on the bolt.
4 - I thoroughly taped the bolt to protect against drips then filled the tube mold with another pour of JBW making sure the screw was completely covered.
5 - When the JBW dried I removed the plastic tube, sanded the rough edges, and covered the new knob with matte black spray paint then clear coat.

Attachments

• IMG_0211.JPG
    IMG_0211.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 138
I realize this is an old thread but I just got a CZ455, DIP 25 MOA rail, Athlon Midas Tac 4-16. Anybody know the ring height needed to allow a Glades Armory bolt handle to clear? Right now I have Seekins low rings (.82”) and the stock bolt handle hits the power throw lever...