• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Extremely low wait times at Phoenix Custom Rifles. Parts in stock! Couple changes...

Keith Johns

Phoenix Custom Rifles
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hello everyone, we've been busy at work getting caught up and stocking up on top quality parts.

-We are looking at less than one month build times for complete builds. Some builds being placed within the next week could be done in as little as one week from the time of arrival.
-Misc. work will take 2-7 days.
-Bolt knob installs are 1-3 days as usual.

We are now accepting Visa and Mastercard.

Here are some of the parts we have in stock and ready for purchase:

*Defiance Deviant short action .308 bolt face, Right hand, AW mag cut, swept handle, Ready to rock.
*Mcmillan A5 with Adjustable cheek piece. Can be inlet'd for any Rem700(short or long, left or right hand). We have many more Mcmillan flat tops arriving soon. A5s, A4s, and HTGs. Some adjustable, some not.
*Bartlein, Brux, Rock creek, and Krieger Stainless Match barrels in the fastest common twist rates, in both M24 and Rem Varmint contour, in every caliber. We also have a few #5s and #4s.
*Pretty much any Detachable Box Magazine system you want is in stock.
*Badger Thruster muzzle brakes, FTE brakes in every size, APA brakes(Lil Jimmy and both Bastards)

We stock the parts we see people use the most, and that work the best.

Call us for a build and be shooting it within a month!

Dammit! And here I am 5 months into a "should only be a month" build and can't even get a hold of my gunsmith to get my parts back to send out to someone else!

We're extremely happy with how things are coming out, and with our companies growth. We are now fully in-letting on average one stock a week, and have a continuous stream of flat-top Mcmillan stocks coming in to be inlet for almost any 1.350" round action(Rem700s, most aftermarkets, Savages, etc.)

I get asked a lot about future bolt knob sales. Instead of having sales, we decided to drop the price down to permanently on Remington 700s. They're only $70 for the complete install and shipping back, so there most likely wont be any future sales below that price. All other brands are still $100 due to the extra work involved.

We cant thank everyone enough for their support on this site.

Working only on bolt guns, we've been constantly streamlining our processes and fine tuning things much more than we'd be able to to taking on other weapon systems.
We are confidently, quietly, and humbly trying to produce some of the best rifles in the Precision bolt gun industry.

I plan on having some work done from you guys in the ne'er future. Love to support a local business as well.

Dammit! And here I am 5 months into a "should only be a month" build and can't even get a hold of my gunsmith to get my parts back to send out to someone else!

Heard that! I'm 6 into a 2 month build with no definate end. I know where my next build will go, provided you work on Winchester's.

This is great. I just got my .260 build back from you guys in not time and after playing with that deviant I am so close to getting rid of my rem700 AAC sd pos and doing a nice custom .308 in my aics.

Thanks for the support guys! We really appreciate it.

We do work on Winchesters and Model 7s. The model 7s are slightly more limited in the work we offer compared to the 700s(No side bolt stops for example).

After barreling a few Tikka T3 actions, I may start offering work on them. There are some things I really do not like about them, like the recoil lug design, but I dont mind barreling and Cerakoting them. I did a good job bedding one, but the recoil lug was tig welded to the action... which is how I think the lugs should be... attached to the action. The slip-in factory design I have a problem with.

Waiting on my defiance deviant and I will give you a call on my build. It would be great to have it for deer season!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

Cant wait for my stock to come in from Manners. This will be my 5th build that PCR has done. The fit and finish is amazing but the accuracy is where they really shine.

Thanks guys!

Here's how our back-log is lookin':

We have about two months worth of work waiting on components. Some of these jobs will be waiting months to get their parts in.
As parts trickle in for these builds, already on order, we will do them. We will have lots of room/time in between, however, to get other work done.
So, orders that show up in the next couple weeks will get done almost right away. But as parts come in for the builds that have been waiting, they take priority over newer builds.
It's going to be harder to predict wait times in a few months. Also be aware that the closer to winter we get, the busier we become. Summer is our slowest time of the year.

Check out Southern Precision Rifles for parts and components guys. We buy from there a lot, and Greg is a great guy.

Wait times are still low(about 6 weeks on full builds). We have Mcmillan stocks in supply for all Rem700 style actions, and barrels/brakes/bottom metal for just about anything you need.

Everything has been going great guys. We've been staying busy but haven't had an extreme backlog of work. It's been great, lets keep it up!

We're changing our license to an 01FFL soon this year, which means no more supplying actions. Almost everything else will remain the same though. This will actually make our paperwork, and ATF requirements easier, leaving us more time/energy to put into working for you.

Call us and /or check out our website to see what we can do for you!

Things are going so well this year guys n gals. We're still looking at only about a 1 month wait time if all parts are ready. We have a growing pile of parts, including bottom metals of all different types, spare PTG bolts, Bartlein, Brux, and Krieger barrels in the popular contours and twists, Mcmillan flat top stocks ready for inlet, Timney and Shilen triggers, really everything except actions... hell we even have 50BMG components in stock.
We've been lucky enough to have the chance to build some awesome half MOA 50cals. One is being built now. Pics to come!

If you have an action, or are ready to buy one for yourself, and want a great rifle built in 4-6 weeks, give us a call!

Few pics for fun...

My personal rifle. Another 7mm-08.

50DTC in the works right now(That's the Cali legal 50BMG replacement)
Tac50 action, Lilja Navy barrel, Mcmillan streamline 50 brake, Mcmillan Big Mac stock...

Indicating the barrel in to time runout at 12:00

We use a long stem indicator and a short stem together....

...to both clock runout, and "straighten" or indicate in runout as best as possible on the end we're working.

We've done a lot of rifle work between centers. We've also done it, and are doing it currently, through the headstock with runout removed on the end being machined.
I see pros and cons to each method. In school we did everything between centers. I've heard more than one very respected rifle shop say they do too... You might be surprised to hear one of the names, they've been around and highly respected for decades.
Obviously not all barrels have the same runout. We find bores that are almost dead nuts straight(like Lilja 50cal barrels!!!), and we find some that have .075" runout in 26". To say every barrel should be treated the same, when they are not the same, well, to each their own.

I like having multiple methods at my disposal, that Ive used often and know thoroughly. Lilja Navy contour 50cal barrel bores for example are astonishingly straight. I guess those half inch holes are easier to drill and ream straight. 50 barrels we do most often between centers. Almost all others get done with the working end indicated in.

Last edited:
Love seeing the actual machines and hearing about the process, even if I don't have too much knowledge in machining. I have a 700 sitting here begging to become a 338 edge... To find the time, and money is the issue now! Lol