• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

eye protection that doesn't "pinch" under ear muff's...

dcnyli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Any suggestions for good eye protection that will not "pinch" or be painful after extended wear under ear muffs? Safety & quality are my concerns, haven't had good luck at my LGS with finding anything decent. I have a large head, and seems the narrow end of the "arms" digs into my skull

I use the ESS eyepro, suppressor series. During our shoot, I used the yellow lense during the day and swapped out for the clear lense at night. Check your pm before buying.

ESS!!!!

if anyone needs a 40% off code please drop me a PM!

dcnyli

Let me dig through my bags of crap downstairs this weekend. I may have a full set of ess glasses if you would like them.

I use the ESS eyepro, suppressor series. During our shoot, I used the yellow lense during the day and swapped out for the clear lense at night. Check your pm before buying.

The Suppressor series looks like just the kind of eyepro I am looking for to wear under a set of muffs but I was wondering how secure they fit when not wearing the muffs to help clamp them down?

The ESS Crosshairs have flat smooth sides unlike other glasses and allow them to be flat against the head so that the muffs don't push into your glasses and head

I've used Wiley Xl-1 forever and wear them under Sordins as well as under a Crye Airframe with Sordins and no issues.

Once I got the Wiley's with the more goggle type sunglass fit, I don't look at regular fit glasses the same.

Just ordered some ESS Suppressors using Nomad's 40% code. Anxiously awaiting their arrival. Used to use Rudy Project but the pain from muffs after a lot day of shooting was becoming unbearable.

The Suppressor series looks like just the kind of eyepro I am looking for to wear under a set of muffs but I was wondering how secure they fit when not wearing the muffs to help clamp them down?

There's a thin elastic strap that snaps on to the ends of the arms. Keeps the glass on perfectly and sometime I forget that I'm wearing them when utilizing the clear lenses.

There's a thin elastic strap that snaps on to the ends of the arms. Keeps the glass on perfectly and sometime I forget that I'm wearing them when utilizing the clear lenses.

Thanks for the info. I will defiantly keep these in mind when I get ready to order a set.

Edge Eyewear DZ111AR Zorge Safety Glasses, Black with Anti-Reflective Lens

These are very comfy but more importantly they have very little distortion. ive found some glasses to really mess with me on that aspect.

Having seen German's set i might give them a try. Having had Lasik i'm prone to dry eyes and wind can make me very teary.

Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ. The sides are mostly flat and they really fit my head well

I'll pick my Smith Optic Aegis glasses over the Oakley M Frames every time when shooting with muffs on, super thin and comfortable.

+1 on the aegis echo by smith's which is what I use. But Wilex Saber Advanced using the elasticated tactical strap to replace the arms looks a good option too.

I have been wearing ESS suppressors for a couple years and love them. Check out the new photochromic lens, saw one a few weeks ago and was impressed with how quickly it changed shades in sun and shade.

I would suggest that regardless of what glasses you choose to wear that you consider wearing a pair of Peltor Earmuffs that accept the Peltor HY80 Gel Sealing Rings.

Peltor HY80 Gel Seals - Peltor Gel Ear Seals

I have these on my Peltor SwatTac, Tactical Sport and on my non-electronic Peltor Optime 95 and 98's and have found this to be the only way I can comfortably wear earmuffs for extended periods no matter what glasses I wore.

I own a pair of Wiley X with the head strap. They would work well.

I also own a pair of Oakley flak jacket, and Oakley ballistics. Both of those work just fine under ear muffs and under your Kevlar.

However the most comfort your going to get is with the wiley x, and the head strap on it.

I've used Wiley Xl-1 forever and wear them under Sordins as well as under a Crye Airframe with Sordins and no issues.

Once I got the Wiley's with the more goggle type sunglass fit, I don't look at regular fit glasses the same.

+1 for Wiley X

It also helps to put your ear muffs on first, then your glasses.

I just got a pair of ess crossbow suppressors using the discount code Nomad gave me. I used them today and couldn't be happier. didn't pinch and had a good seal under my muffs. I will definitely be getting more lenses to see what color works for me in what situations/environments. Right now I just got the HiDef Copper.

I got the Copper, Yellow, I even forked out the 100+ for the Polarized ones. I wear them all the time even when I'm not shooting.