• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Eye relief issue with Kahles 6-24

TacosGigante

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 29, 2013
VA
I have an older Kahles 6-24 (not sure how old) that I took out for the first time in a long time. I found myself really having to push my head forward to get full view even on lower power. I had to get so near the scope my eye-pro got kissed a couple of times when I fired.

I looked up the eye relief on the current Kahles and it doesn’t seem to be out of bounds with other scopes. Does anyone know if Kahles had an issue at some point or if it just my eyes?

Thanks

That sounds funny I have and older gen1 and a newer gen 2 and the eye box seems to be generous on both. I never have had any issue with either of them

It may just be me. Or maybe I have the scope too low...

Cheek rest being too high can definitely cause eyebox issues.
If you are struggling to get a good slight picture in general rather than the usual sensitive eyebox type issue, I'd be looking at rifle/scope setup.

Reactions: TacosGigante