• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes eye relief problems with my new ior 3x18 fffp

nitronova

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2010
henderson nv
I have a remington 700p in .300 win mag and I'm having eye relief problems with it. Any one have any ideas for me? I have an uso flat base on it now and really like the scope so far but then again I havn't shot it yet. I just now that I have it on the last rung of the base and any futher than 10x it gets the black ring. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: eye relief problems with my new ior 3x18 fffp

i think badger makes a base with a rear extention, but don't quote me on that it might be egw. that would let you mount your scope farther back

EGW has the rear extension base. dont see 700s with eye relief problems that often...

Until you get an extended base, you CAN mount it with both rings on the forward portion of the scope tube. I did this for a while, and it held zero and everything fine. Just make sure you don't drop the rifle on the scope or anything.

This problem is why I ended up selling my IOR -- I loved the scope, but an extended-to-the-rear base is a no-go on a Savage.

One of our local guys does use this scope on his Rem 700 30-06 with the EGW extended base, and it works great for him.

Thanks guys. I didn't know they made bases that extended backwards.

I had to order one as well. Only problem I had was that when I put the scope on the new rail and raised the bolt handle it would hit the bottom of the v-tac rings that came with the scope. I ended up dremeling the bottom/back of the rear ring so that it would clear.

2vii3o7.jpg

Once you get proper eye relief though, the scopes are great. I love the MP8 reticle.

I would not mount both rings on the front tube.Its not a one piece tube ,,,bad things can happen.The 3-18 has a ridiculously short eye relief.I finaly gave up and sold the one I had.

Thanks lucks for the input on the ring. That is pretty much where I need it to fall aswell. I really like the reticle and the scope for that matter. I do agree with DMg that the eye relief does suck and that is the only complaint. I didn't think it was that big of a deal until now. But hey that's how you learn and the problem is fixed.