• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

ez anneal

pdice

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2010
Has anyone tried ez-anneal yet? I like that they already have a case feeder for it, and I haven't read about a cool down cycle yet like with the AMP.

http://www.ez-anneal.com

I'd look at the Annealeez, much simpler and crude but set the pace correct and does the same thing. Much cheaper.

holy crap...$1000! Seems a little steep for an annealer

Yea but all the R and D make it that much. I have one and like it. I had a buddy chip in to pay for it. When you go to seat the bullet everything butter smooth. I cut my vertical from 5 in at 600 yrd to 2 in at 600 yrds. Plus my brass will last alot longer

Reactions: gigamortis
Do these require set up/guess work or do they have pre set programs and charts identifying what to use for what caliber/brand of brass?
thats the only thing that made the AMP seem worth it, to get lab verified results instead of tempilaq and guessing
eiether way seems like a grand is the going price for a good annealing setup

I have the EZ ANNEAL and mine has the hopper plates for the 223 and 308 feed. I have run about 4000 - 223's and 250-308's through it with no problem.. The price is not cheap, because when you get it you will know RIGHT off the bat it's made to last. It's a solid piece of machinery with the case itself is all metal and very little plastic. The neatest part is the accuracy of the annealing can be done with such precision and tailored per case make. You can set the time on the annealing and just how far you want it do go down the neck of the cartridge by just adjusting the depth. He did put a little scale or marking on the front and it's really up to you how detailed you wanna be. I set my mixed 223 cartridges to 3000 milli secs .. I typically throw about 200 in the hopper and come back when it's done. The best part is everything stops when the case feeder is empty. Not like my Dillion hopper that keeps going and going even though it's empty. The coolest part of it all is the setup time to anneal is like 1 minute.. He made it SO SIMPLE to program...

If I could afford one I'd get the AMP because it'll do everything from .17 - .338. The EZ anneal is the same price but won't anneal as wide an array of calibers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SouthTXBowhunter the EZANNEAL I have will work from .17 through 408 Cheytac (massive round) plus it has a 100% Duty Cycle, unlike the AMP which has to stop regularly for cooldown. Plus you don't need to buy all of those pilots for each size round.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0xE-6bSwME

I'm going to follow this idea and parts list. Looks like a fun project build... and useful to boot.

Does anyone know of published time and temperature numbers for the different caliber and manufacturer's brass? I'm looking for numbers for my .223 Lapua brass. Thanks!

not sure anyone will give you an exact time. depends on how got your flame is and how close. buy tempilaq and do it right. I start each session with r rounds painted the set the time correct. 750 inside the neck and 450 down the body. the 750 should burn off as the 450 burns about 1/4 the way