• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

F-class and FTR matches in New York?

Robinhood

Palma & 3-P Shooter
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2010
NC
Hey everyone! Does anyone know where FTR and F-class matches are held in Upstate New York and close by? I know Forbes range goes to 1k, but I don't think they do ftr.

Re: F-class and FTR matches in New York?

find the highpower association in your state, they usually have Fclass category during highpower matches and are shot at the same time.
hope this helps.

I live 5 minutes from Forbes and shoot F-Class there regularly. I also take a trip north to Peru NY and shoot matches there as well. Where in NY are you located?

Nice Matt! I'm in the Glens Falls/Lake George area. I haven't been able to go down and shoot high power yet, but I did shoot smallbore with Guy Gamello. Great guy!

Does Forbes have FTR? And do you know if they're still doing f-class matches for the fall/winter?

they have F-t/r there..all the F-class matches I shoot are F-TR

they close down for the winter, but re-open in the spring and have several matches a year, with several 1000yd practice days also.

the matches are from may-sept..with practice days being from march- sept..

Panzer is right on. There are also monthly f-class matches in peru NY. They are only 300 yards but fun none the less. If you want more info on Peru, PM me. If you want to attend a match at Forbes check out their web site and email who ever is hosting the particular match you are interested in.

I too live in Upstate NY, (Orange County) and am very interested in starting to shoot in F-class matches. Forbes definetly seems like a great place to shoot. I have been on there website and I would like to be a member but it seems you need to be sponsored
frown.gif
. Do you have to be a member to participate in the matches?
Thanks,
Mike

No. You don't need to be a member to participate in the matches. As long as your pre registered your in! To become a member you need one of the following:
Proof of:
1. an NRA classification in a shooting sport; or,
2. satisfactory completion of a smalls arms training school; or
3. current peace officer, or service in the armed forces.

For F-class the NRA gives you a clssification after 120 shots. So after 2 or 3 matches you will be good to go once the paperwork clears.

Forbes is a fun place to shoot and almost everyone that you meet there is accomodating!

As you get better at shooting you will fnd that the range is not a great place to learn to read wind though. Due to the layout, it has some very strange wind patterns that make it quite inconsistent to read.

I have left the range somedays feeling like I was invincible and others like I should not own a rifle, but it is all fun!

Give it a try in the spring!
Brian

Thank You for the replys. I will definetly get myself up there.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Matthew Lundy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. You don't need to be a member to participate in the matches. As long as your pre registered your in! To become a member you need one of the following:
Proof of:
1. an NRA classification in a shooting sport; or,
2. satisfactory completion of a smalls arms training school; or
3. current peace officer, or service in the armed forces.

For F-class the NRA gives you a clssification after 120 shots. So after 2 or 3 matches you will be good to go once the paperwork clears. </div></div>

Their website DOES say you need a sponsor also. So how would one go about becoming a member if you don't know any members?

Panzer is right on. There are also monthly f-class matches in peru NY. They are only 300 yards but fun none the less. If you want more info on Peru, PM me. If you want to attend a match at Forbes check out their web site and email who ever is hosting the particular match you are interested in.
I know this is an ANCIENT thread but I'm in Amsterdam area and would like to attend a match...and learn more about it.